PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Strategical affiliate link placement

Hello,

Wanted to discuss general page layout and was curious about how others place their affiliate links.
    So the main question is how many links do you place per page, obviously that is mostly content driven, but let's take a brand review page as an example. Of course you're more than welcome to bring up any example you deem relevant.
    Are there any specific sections where you found links (buttons, etc.) are most effective or is there ay specific link "frequency", which you try to stick with?

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Many moons ago I would have links in a review for each major product but in recent years have scaled that back to a maximum of two links in each review. One as near to the top as possible and one at the very bottom, but only for longer reviews.

This had virtually no impact on sign ups from those review pages so long as there was a link near the top of the page. Buttons always do better than banners or links in text.

In my mind if someone lands on a page, like a review, and has the intention to sign up it doesn't really matter whether you have one link or 20 as long as you make the main link visible to all that land on the page. In fact, having less links makes it look less commercial and may even be a benefit.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

drifter8 (27 April 2021), gm2891 (26 April 2021), PaulEchere (26 April 2021)

PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Makes sense, I normally go with two exactly as you described. But this week I decided to experiment a bit adding additional buttons, a total of 4-5 per page depending on the length. Don't think it is going to I have any visible effect though, but will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    Many moons ago I would have links in a review for each major product but in recent years have scaled that back to a maximum of two links in each review. One as near to the top as possible and one at the very bottom, but only for longer reviews.

This had virtually no impact on sign ups from those review pages so long as there was a link near the top of the page. Buttons always do better than banners or links in text.

In my mind if someone lands on a page, like a review, and has the intention to sign up it doesn't really matter whether you have one link or 20 as long as you make the main link visible to all that land on the page. In fact, having less links makes it look less commercial and may even be a benefit.

Julik is offline New Member
    Thanks

I usually post about 2-3 links per page. It depends on what kind of experience you have)

gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It seems to me it's better to have a different type of affiliate links.

The first in the beginning, the biggest and the most visible button, the next link, banner or another CTA element in the middle and one more in the end.

And overall I would recommend you to read about Hotjar and try it to see what are the most clickable places at your website.

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 990 Posts

usually buttons.. between 2-3 CTA

drifter8 is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

2-3 links and one CTA Buton.
    Seven times fall, eight times stand.

Nenad is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I would have 2 links and CTA button for sure

Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

2-3 links seem like a good average. Don't want to have too many links as these may not be that beneficial and a negative impact on the reader. Banners are slowly disappearing as these do not seem to be the most efficient anymore and can also be annoying to the readers.