Hi -
I've noticed a massive increase in direct traffic to my site in the last 2 days. Could this be something nefarious? I can't see how it would bit my ranking because its not organic traffic.
Mark
Hi -
I've noticed a massive increase in direct traffic to my site in the last 2 days. Could this be something nefarious? I can't see how it would bit my ranking because its not organic traffic.
Mark
Perhaps, is all the traffic going to the same page? If so what's on the page? Could it be bonus abuse?
Can you tell if it's human or bot traffic? Investigate the IP addresses through which the traffic is entering your site.
No - different pages. Just checked GA. All coming from server force ltd (service provider).
Probably scraping or crawling your site. Esp if it's all hitting different pages.
onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.
Yea. Getting lots of clicks on links too. hundreds.
These guys? https://www.serverforce.net/ ?
They host websites - they don't appear to be an ISP.
So all traffic is likely to be bot traffic NOT human eyes.
Useless at best - harmful at worst (scraping or hacking or attempting to find weak passwords).
I'd block the entire range via htaccess. ( 195.242.220.0/22 )
casionmark (11 September 2018), Madz (11 September 2018), PROFRBcom (12 September 2018), Syndicate (12 September 2018)
ok thanks. will take a look.
what did you do to find out their IPs btw?