Broadway_Simon is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Default Survey on Screwing Affiliates

Hi Guys,

It's been a pretty shocking year for Affiliate/Operator relationships. I am conducting some research to gauge affiliates attitude towards operators in general with a view to presenting at LAC.

If you could take a minute to fill out it would be much appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link -

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
    Simon

Thanks

Plenty of replies so far with all affiliates claiming to be screwed by operators..

Would really appreciate some input from you guys here..

Presentation outlining your thoughts will be at LAC in London...

Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,287 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway_Simon View Post
    Plenty of replies so far with all affiliates claiming to be screwed by operators..

Would really appreciate some input from you guys here..

Presentation outlining your thoughts will be at LAC in London...
    I am not very good in English, but the question I understood like if I was once screwed by an affiliate program. I think that happened at least once to everybody. No matter if I work fine with 1000 other programs or if I am screwed by all, the question always gets the same answer.

I wonder what conclusions you want to draw with this questionnaire.

MrProno is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    I am not very good in English, but the question I understood like if I was once screwed by an affiliate program. I think that happened at least once to everybody. No matter if I work fine with 1000 other programs or if I am screwed by all, the question always gets the same answer.

I wonder what conclusions you want to draw with this questionnaire.
    I totally agree, If you have been in the affiliate business for a few years you will certainly have been screwed by several affiliates program, in different way (client not reported, strange revshare, retroactive downside on comission, comission on old client canceled, comission not paid, affilaites program that close and sell their client base to other company with no compensation, Program that use legalization in certain country to stole all of your clients, scam affiliates program that stole clients money and your comission ....), also screwed by other affiliates who copy your ideas and material ... but on the other side, if you see the global results it has been good for a lot of affiliates, who have been able to make big amount of money that they will not be able to make doing another activities.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrProno View Post
    I totally agree, If you have been in the affiliate business for a few years you will certainly have been screwed by several affiliates program, in different way (client not reported, strange revshare, retroactive downside on comission, comission on old client canceled, comission not paid, affilaites program that close and sell their client base to other company with no compensation, Program that use legalization in certain country to stole all of your clients, scam affiliates program that stole clients money and your comission ....), also screwed by other affiliates who copy your ideas and material ... but on the other side, if you see the global results it has been good for a lot of affiliates, who have been able to make big amount of money that they will not be able to make doing another activities.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Just to give more insight, I will take all the results and showcase what affiliates BIGGEST issue is with operators and then look at how these issues occur and how they can possibly be prevented.

I will also look at what has caused operators to shut down programs etc...

Interesting that 100% of affiliates say their sites comply with ASA guidelines.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Broadway_Simon For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (30 December 2017)

MrProno is offline Public Member
    Thanks

You will also look at what has caused operators to shut down programs etc...

Answer to that :

1. They left the country for whatever reason

A, Because of the legalization of the business in most european country and the high cost of acquiring the licence a lot of companies have left countries. Some close accounts of their clients, so revshare is lost (that is not dishonest but affiliate lost all Revshare), other sell their business with no compensation to you = steal your clients (dishonnest like Unibet), or continue the business but told you taht they close clients account (= stealing your revshare)

B. Lake of rentability. Working in specific countries require a lot of infrastructure for languages reason. If you work in a country you must maintain staff that speak that languages and it cost

2, They profit for legalization, arguing that clients had to open a new account and steal all your clients. That happend for instance in France with companies (dishonnest example Titanbet...)

3, Restructuration :

A. They sell their businees globaly or in certain country

B. They fusion or are absorbed by a bigger company whose affiliate programs is less favourable and then your comission go down (dishonnest example companies adquire by party group)

4. They go broke (a big poker company I dont remember the name who had trouble in the US) They even stole the money on my player account arguing that i made this money several months ago from affiliate program.

5, It was a scam (21kbet)

6 : Find excuse not to pay you like 10bet

7 : Promises and agreement from account manager that are not backed by the company or are forgoten when the account manager left the companies

I have been in the business for more than 10 years. It was a young business and when business mature thinks like that happend. Smaller participant have dispapears and now some very reputable companies have emerge and a lot of market require expensive country licence to operate, so I think it is less likely to happend today, but still you have to take into account that they are first class company that are really honest, and several others who will finds any excuses to reduce your rehvsare.

But as I say before, despite all that a lot of affiliate including me have made very good money with gaming affiliation, so I dont complain, it was part of the game for a new business. I think however that good time are over, now the business is saturated and only old affiliates with good position on google and good revshare will go on in the business. Sorry for newbies but you come to late to get a size of the pie.