universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 5,014 Posts

Default For those having server issues

For anyone who has seen issues on their servers or site, Cloudflare has had major issues the last few hours

https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

As of 20 minutes ago they made a post they have identified the issues and are working toward a solution.

I had actually switched a number of servers over to use Level 3 DNS and that helped to a degree. I had originally tried Google dns but it was no better, the switch to level 3 helped some but I think the problem was so widespread across so many data centers that routing was messed up no matter what dns was used.

https://downdetector.com/status/cloudflare/map/

Rick
    Universal4

2. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

elgoog (30 August 2020)

Topboss is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Rick.
    I also just received this email from Cloudflare

Today, starting at approximately 10:03 UTC, a misconfiguration at a major external network provider caused connectivity disruptions across the Internet. These disruptions impacted the operations of many service providers, including Cloudflare. Cloudflare’s systems routed around the problem, however, some Internet properties that use Cloudflare saw increased error rates during the impact period despite our mitigations.

During this period we saw traffic drop by about 3.5% across our network as well as an increase in HTTP errors which may have presented as 522 (Connection Timeout) status codes.

We have posted an initial detailed analysis of this incident written by our CEO on the Cloudflare blog. Presently, we are no longer seeing additional impact at Cloudflare from these transit provider issues.

We understand how disruptive these events can be, and we will continue to provide the latest updates for issues impacting Cloudflare's network on cloudflarestatus.com.

The Cloudflare Team

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 5,014 Posts

Thanks Heather

Based upon what I was seeing on some of the related forums and groups, they are downplaying the impact a bit, but once I saw their reports they were working on it I was confident they would have it cleared up in a few hours, which they had.

Rick
    Universal4