The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 990 Posts

Default Three keys to understanding your SEO needs

Search Engine Land details three keys to understanding your business's SEO needs. What would you add to the list?

http://searchengineland.com/3-keys-u...o-needs-216742

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 762 Posts

A pretty simple article designed to rank well on Google, and it's barely worth the screen pixels it's using, but it brings up an interesting point.

SEO is not all about being number one, but can mean many different things - traffic, conversions, brand awareness, local presence. So you need to identify which of these do you want.

Too bad the article doesn't even try to answer the questions it raises. Making it pretty redundant.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (18 March 2015), edgarf76 (18 March 2015), platen44 (30 March 2015), universal4 (18 March 2015)

Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Thanks

I'm a firm believer in Content .. If your sites/Sites don't have valid and unique content then your SEO Strategy will be flawed before you start ? Thoughts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_FTA For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (23 March 2015)

platen44 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Even the biggest amount of content, which is king, will get you nowhere with no links. Sure it all depends on where you get those links and the quality as well as distribution of them, but one thing has not changed over the years: links are by far the single most important factor of the seo biz

sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,086 Posts

You definitely need good quality content to get the visitor's attention and to keep them coming back. But at the same time, you also need some decent links to rank in the search engines. These 2 must go hand in hand. Ranking high with crappy content will not get you very far and will increase your bounce rate. Having an excellent site but next to no links will not help your site to be found.

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    You definitely need good quality content to get the visitor's attention and to keep them coming back. But at the same time, you also need some decent links to rank in the search engines. These 2 must go hand in hand. Ranking high with crappy content will not get you very far and will increase your bounce rate. Having an excellent site but next to no links will not help your site to be found.
    I touched on this in another thread, I disagree with the whole link strategy on recently built sites "2013+" People still want to talk about links but no fresh research has been done.. maybe some articles from 2012.. I think today's game is very different and its possible to build a high ranking site with next to no link building, I believe that in 2015 Google has developed past the link signal stage and weighs other aspects more in favor, people will say its still important, And I will still disagree.. otherwise ESPN and Bleacher report would be out ranking me on my main articles right now.