Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Thunder sucks..

  1. #1
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default Thunder sucks..

    Don't we all hate thunder and lightning?

    Yeah, I guessed so.

    Almost a month ago when I were down in the flu someone called upon a nice little thunderstorm that went by with some force and it decided to kill almost all of my "tech life"

    My RAM died, hdd died, my adsl modem died, my router died, it still lights up though.. LOL

    As for household equipment, it didn't survive either.. Oven, Micro.., Fridge, Refr. Ah you get the picture..

    Normal life is pretty complicated as of now as you might understand..

    I have been struck by lightning, well, not in person but my electrical equipment have been fried..

    My insurence will pay for about 30% of the value so I willl not be able to restore the equipment as it was..

    Therefor.....

    If anyone feel to send a few bucks to help me restore my server/computers I am more than happy, only a few bucks will help.

    I'm NOT begging or anything like that, I only ask for some help from my friends.
    If you don't want to help out it's ok and I understand but if you do want to spare a buck or two please feel free to help out.

    Hakan "charity" goes to:
    PP/Mb: info@bonusstart.com

    Love

    Edit: If you would like to be anonymous:
    <object width="250" height="250"><param name="movie" value="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/d294a421e8d93cbb"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="event_desc" value="Help%20me%20restore%20my%20household%20appl iances"></param><embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/d294a421e8d93cbb" flashVars="event_desc=Help%20me%20restore%20my%20h ousehold%20appliances" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed></object>
    Last edited by hakank; 25 October 2011 at 4:52 pm. Reason: chipin box

  2. #2
    casinobonusguy is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    So sorry to hear how things worked out Hakan ,do they have places like 'The Brick ' in sweden where you can make some payments ?I will send you some monday ,been a horrible 24 hours for me hearing the news about Pat and today my mom calls and tells me my cousin has Stage 4 breast cancer.This has been a very bad year for most of us I think.

    Love

    Judy

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    hakank (25 October 2011)

  4. #3
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    I think that Pat's family might need more help than me, so I hope you all think of her first.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, send her my best wishes.

    The Brick? As what I can find out on their homepage it looks like a regular electronics/home store.
    Most stores will let you set up a payment plan if that's what you meant.

    Judy, you have helped me enough in the past and I'm already in debt to you..

  5. #4
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Hey hey ho!

    Keep up the good spirit!

    I'm looking for a donation button similar to the one Lou (The Professor) got from Jay but I can't find it...(chip in for.. blah.. button)

    The PP donation button sucks so I need you help to find it.

    My goal to replace all the lost electrical equimpent and my kitchen wares, my hopes are that it would end up in less than ~10k usd..
    A f***ing lot of money.. I KNOW and I won't be able to replace all that's broken but hopefully I will restore my kitchen and parts of my server/computer hardware.

    This ain't easy to talk about, at least since I'm too stubbard to admit that I'm in trouble and need help..
    Ask Judy, she knows that it takes a while for me to admit that I'm in trouble.....

    So, a donation button that I can post on my sites will be appreciated.

    Best,

  6. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,987
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,296 Times in 5,980 Posts

    Default

    I have seen lightening do some wild things over the years since I live in the lightening capital of the world as well as work on computer systems...I have actually had to deal with 2 direct strikes in the last 6 years so I can feel your personal pain....

    It sounds pretty strange for the memory to be bad though....

    Have you verified that the motherboard is dead?
    How about the cpu?

    Have you tried starting the system without the NIC in it (if it is pci)?
    Have you tried a different power supply?
    Have you tried the memory and the hd in a different system?

    You speak of losing your "server" is it a server or is it a workstation that acts as your home server?

    If you give me a few more details, who knows maybe I might be able to help you diagnose exactly what parts took the hit and what is salvageable....and with any luck I might have some parts sitting around that can help....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  7. #6
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I have seen lightening do some wild things over the years since I live in the lightening capital of the world as well as work on computer systems...I have actually had to deal with 2 direct strikes in the last 6 years so I can feel your personal pain....

    It sounds pretty strange for the memory to be bad though....

    Have you verified that the motherboard is dead?
    How about the cpu?

    Have you tried starting the system without the NIC in it (if it is pci)?
    Have you tried a different power supply?
    Have you tried the memory and the hd in a different system?

    You speak of losing your "server" is it a server or is it a workstation that acts as your home server?

    If you give me a few more details, who knows maybe I might be able to help you diagnose exactly what parts took the hit and what is salvageable....and with any luck I might have some parts sitting around that can help....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thanks Rick,

    This is what's going on with my computer stuff.

    My main stationary computer died since it was directly connected with the power outlet without any power surge bar (my bad).

    I'm using my stationary one now so cpu and mboard seems ok.

    Since I own a heck of a lot of old pc's I managed to kick it into life again by changing ddr and now it runs ok but not as it was, the hdd also died somehow and by changing it to an old one I had I'm back online but without all my saved data as you might understand, I have the old one connected via sata and it's "alive" but not booting, I can't reach all data since it breaks down on me when I try to open up some important folders, bad disc I guess. Not much to do about it now.

    The server (hxxp://w3.inwarehouse.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=613205):
    The page is in Swedish but you'll know the specs when you see it.

    Dead.
    Measured up the PSU but it was dead, changed to another one I had without luck.
    Pulled out cpu and tried on another pc, no response, tested the memory on the same pc, it didn't find them.
    Insurence = 30% of the value.. Fun huh?

    If you have any ideas how to resurrect the dead I'm all ears! LOL

  8. #7
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Did one small update if anyone wants to be anonymous.

    And Judy.. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •