Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Time between backlink indexing and impact

    Hi -

    How long generally does it take from the time your backlink is indexed - i.e. the page on the 3rd party site with your link on it is indexed - to the time some impact is seen?

    I've read anything from 1 week to 10 weeks to more. Is there a rule of thumb?

    I don't mean how long till the page itself is indexed, I mean to the point at which you notice a change in rankings.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    nfint12 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    Mountain View
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 71 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    For me it's taking longer and longer, I believe somewhere around 15 weeks, but I'd like to hear some other people's experiences as maybe it's the type of links I am building.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nfint12 For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (21 September 2018)

  4. #3
    petjah is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts

    Default

    Really Really long. I remember that around 2014 links gave there full power within 3 weeks. (own experience) Nowadays, it takes at least a couple of months. I had a good link who got indexed really quickly and that one gave me good rankings after 5 weeks but that was the fastest ever.

    To give you a rule of thumb i would say 10 weeks (between 5 - 15 weeks). And if your website is younger than a year, even longer.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petjah For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (21 September 2018), nfint12 (22 September 2018)

  6. #4
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Really? That seems like a long time. Does it vary with DA value? i.e. backlinks from high DA site would work quicker?

  7. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    These days it taskes a long time.. sometimes the effect never takes place at all, seems like a good number links are now ignored


  8. #6
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Really? That seems like a long time. Does it vary with DA value? i.e. backlinks from high DA site would work quicker?
    DA is a made up number by SEO tools to fill the gap pagerank babies missed.. it has no correlation with real google rankings.. any one can create a high DA site but they don't always have real traffic. or valuable traffic


  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (22 September 2018), casionmark (22 September 2018), PROFRBcom (28 September 2018)

  10. #7
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Yes take your point there. I really meant a well trafficked decent site with a good backlink. But seems there are no.rules here. Trial and see ...

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  11. #8
    elieli88 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2018
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Hi -

    How long generally does it take from the time your backlink is indexed - i.e. the page on the 3rd party site with your link on it is indexed - to the time some impact is seen?

    I've read anything from 1 week to 10 weeks to more. Is there a rule of thumb?

    I don't mean how long till the page itself is indexed, I mean to the point at which you notice a change in rankings.

    Thanks,
    I think everything goes faster if you regurlarly publish a lot of content. (am I right?)

  12. #9
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    For commercial keywords - no matter how good your content and links are; there are natural filters that can go as high as few months to more than a year. And even when you're ranking, there are filters for the number of impressions you get, which can again take months to gain traction.

    For old pages already ranking and getting the highest impressions for particular keywords; these filters are waived off, and google quickly indexes and updates results.

    So, new sites in this industry are effed. Don't quit your job or school for this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •