Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Manpreet Iyer is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    March 2025
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Tracking website positions

    Hi everyone!
    I use Semrush tool to track positions, lately there are big doubts about the accuracy of the results.
    How do you track your site positions? What services do you use?

  2. #2
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    ahrefs but even still now there are so many variables its hard to get a precise prediciton


  3. #3
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    ahrefs does ok but like wonderpunter said, location, mobile, desktop, heavy winds.... its all over but will give you and idea of the direction
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  4. #4
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 606 Times in 476 Posts

    Default

    I look at the google search console positions but it's generally so volatile that any average position doesn't tell you the whole story. For key search terms the simple eye test tells you what's really happening in the wild.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    eenzoo (16 April 2025), TheGamblersClub (16 April 2025)

  6. #5
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    You can use SerpRobot (I'm using it for years), you can set it up to check daily. With different regions, languages, mobile or desktop. And you can also track Bing.

    Last edited by iso2009; 16 April 2025 at 11:03 am.

  7. #6
    johan_s is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2020
    Posts
    254
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 69 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    I use Wincher for tracking keyword positions.

  8. #7
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,901
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 768 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iso2009 View Post
    You can use SerpRobot (I'm using it for years), you can set it up to check on an hourly basis or twice a day, or daily. With different regions, languages, mobile or desktop. And you can also track Bing.
    At the product website, it sounds to me you have to setup each SerpRobot (who is crawling up to 75 kw's) manualy?
    So, instead he is crawling and monitoring my rankings, i need to give him his job KW by KW?

  9. #8
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    I see they changed some things, but I remember they had the option to check every 12 hours...

    Anyway, to answer your question, yes, you have to get the keywords from your google console (or Semrush, Ahrefs etc) and the bot will check them at minimum each 24 hrs (US, ROW, mobile, desktop etc).

    It's a position monitoring tool, not a keyword discovery and monitoring tool. For me, it's one of the things I need especially on google updates. It's up to date, unlike Semrush or Ahrefs.

    You can argue that Google Console does the same if you apply enough filters, but I kind of like it to be done by an external source too.

    I use it to monitor the most difficult/important keywords. Maybe overall it's not that useful or I am getting used to it, but I like it

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iso2009 For This Useful Post:

    eenzoo (16 April 2025)

  11. #9
    ZeroToHero is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    April 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hey! I use a mix of Ahrefs and manual checks in incognito for spot-checking in VPN for better accuracy especially in non english geolocations. SEMrush can be a bit off sometimes, so it's good to compare them both, but keep in mind that both Ahrefs and Semrush give out delayed results.

  12. #10
    JazzD is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2025
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Wincher is the best tool if you want to have a good overview over your ranking for specific Keywords. You can also get a good overview of how the keywords are doing in different countries. It usually gets data from the SERP 2-3 times a day and their position/ranking information is supper accurate. The negative part is that their traffic (or search volume) assumption for each KW is not correct. But you have the same issue with other tools.
    I've been working with SEO for 8 years, and I see Wincher as the best tool for checking my sites ranking.

  13. #11
    OnlineProxy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2025
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I feel you on SEMrush been noticing the same thing lately, especially with all the algo changes. Im in the VPN and tech tools space, so accurate rank data really matters. I use Ahrefs a lot too, mostly for backlink stuff, and still do manual checks for my top terms once or twice a week just to be sure. For local or mobile tracking, BrightLocal has honestly been a lifesaver.

  14. #12
    OnlineProxy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2025
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manpreet Iyer View Post
    Hi everyone!
    I use Semrush tool to track positions, lately there are big doubts about the accuracy of the results.
    How do you track your site positions? What services do you use?
    Totally agree - Semrush has been a bit hit or miss lately, especially when it comes to daily fluctuations and mobile data. I've actually shifted most of my rank tracking over to AccuRanker too, it insanely fast and the data feels way more stable. Wincher’s also been super handy for client reports, especially when I need to break down mobile vs desktop performance cleanly.

    I’m doing something similar with GSC—hooked up a custom Looker Studio dashboard that pulls in position trends and CTR shifts. It’s not perfect, but it helps flag the weird stuff that sometimes slips past rank trackers.

    Also +1 on Ahrefs for international. I have found it surprisingly solid for some EU and LATAM markets where Semrush just doesn’t have the depth. Mixing tools definitely gives a better overall view these days.

  15. #13
    Eleni-CasinoGruppen is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I am using a mix of ahrefs, filtered GSC and Looker Studio custom template plus VPN incognito searches to verify. I have minimal experience with semrush, but I can confirm that in a multitude of cases semrush/ahrefs results deviated when comparing similar info. I still don't know which one is more accurate though.

  16. #14
    luckraise is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2025
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I'm currently using SEranking and it works quite well. The rankings seems to be accurate, but it's worth remembering that these days, different people can see different websites ranking nr1 for the same keyword.

  17. #15
    James Laplanche is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi! You're absolutely right — getting accurate ranking data is becoming more difficult due to personalization, location-based results, and fluctuations across Google data centers.

    Personnaly, I use a mix of tools to cross-check and get a clearer picture:

    BrightLocal: Great for local SEO and geo-specific tracking, especially when you want to simulate results from different zip codes or cities
    SEO Hero Ninja: Simple but powerful tool to see unbiased rankings from multiple data centers — really helpful for spotting inconsistencies.
    RankTracker for robust historical tracking

    I still keep ahrefs in the mix for broader trend monitoring, but I don't rely solely on it for position accuracy anymore.

    Also, doing manual checks in incognito with a VPN from different locations still gives valuable insights.

  18. #16
    harisseo is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    there are many good tools out there like seranking or ranktracker, you can go with rank tracker its good one.

  19. #17
    carl2603GL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2020
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    we use wincher - but thing is we question whether the search volumes are the right ones. But either way , it has a good interface, clean and easy to navigate . SERP stat if i recall was also a good tracking too

  20. #18
    bramgl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2025
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    There are quite a lot of interesting tools, which all have their pros and cons: Wincher, GSC, Looker, and so on. I would recommend going for the ones that suit your demands best.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •