Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Mario The Gambler's Avatar
    Mario The Gambler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts

    Default Transferring content and SEO

    For fun, I have a blog (Blogspot) in which I have written articles about gambling. Some of these articles perform well in Google for certain keywords. Obviously this can be partly explained by the fact that Google favors Blogspot (Google owns Blogspot as everyone knows) but perhaps these articles are not too bad either...


    I asked myself the following issues: Will there a way to transfer the contents of these articles from Blogspot to commercial sites without being penalized as having copied the contents?


    For example, if I delete these articles in Blogspot and if I put a link to the new site where these articles will be hosted, is that Google will "understand" that I will not plagiarize?


    Will there a method to transfer content without being penalized? Or if Google will necessarily penalize me?


    Thank you very much in advance for your comments.
    " Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
    Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money

  2. #2
    F.C.Dosh's Avatar
    F.C.Dosh is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Gambler View Post
    Will there a method to transfer content without being penalized? Or if Google will necessarily penalize me?
    Hi there,

    I think you want to do a 301 redirect on that.

    Maybe this helps: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/2472689?hl=en

    Good luck
    Free Casino Dosh - The best deposit bonuses for online casinos, bingo, betting and poker sites
    g+ --- t --- f

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to F.C.Dosh For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (23 January 2015)

  4. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F.C.Dosh View Post
    Hi there,

    I think you want to do a 301 redirect on that.

    Maybe this helps: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/2472689?hl=en

    Good luck
    I don't think blogger lets you create specific 301's to an external URL though, only relative, so that probably wouldn't work..

    If you're looking to move the whole site you could use a custom domain (https://support.google.com/blogger/t.../1233381?hl=en) that would create the necessary redirects to move it to your own domain.

    With the above you'd still have the blogger systems, just your own domain. If you wanted to then move to a new system (eg: wordpress) you could wait for the SE's to index and rank the pages on your own domain, then set up your own hosting with the same url structure as the blogger site and switch the nameservers to the new hosting.

    I'm guessing if you do this then blogger might snip the redirections and put your old blog back up once you switch the nameservers, so you'd need to disable it so the duplicate posts don't show up. Probably wise to also do a 'change of address' in WMT as well...

    However, if you're talking about moving only a couple of pages to an existing site you could do the above and then create a 301 from your site to the new site, but that's creating an extra step/redirection (no idea if it starts looking fishy after a while).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (23 January 2015), Sherlock (28 January 2015)

  6. #4
    F.C.Dosh's Avatar
    F.C.Dosh is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    I was reading it wrong aparently, the custom redirects you can do on blogger are redirects from a external url to a blogger url.

    Quote from the blogger help : "Add custom redirect for external URLs pointing to your blog that do not point to existing posts or pages."

    Never mind..
    Last edited by F.C.Dosh; 23 January 2015 at 1:57 pm.
    Free Casino Dosh - The best deposit bonuses for online casinos, bingo, betting and poker sites
    g+ --- t --- f

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to F.C.Dosh For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (23 January 2015)

  8. #5
    misanthrope's Avatar
    misanthrope is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    The only (good) way to have this content on your own domain is to make use of cname in your dns settings of your registrar.
    Last edited by misanthrope; 23 January 2015 at 5:40 pm.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to misanthrope For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (23 January 2015)

  10. #6
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    I think it is important to know if you want to keep the rankings of the blogspot articles or if you only want to switch the content. What you can do is to delete all the content until itīs out of the index. After that there should be nothing wrong when you use the same content for another site. If you have some good rankings why do you want to switch the content to another site?
    WETTFORMAT
    https://wettformat.com
    Wett Tipps, Wettanbieter, Wettbonus

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to wettFORM.AT For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (28 January 2015)

  12. #7
    Mario The Gambler's Avatar
    Mario The Gambler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    What you can do is to delete all the content until itīs out of the index. After that there should be nothing wrong when you use the same content for another site.
    Yes I think that's what I'll do. I wrote these articles in Blogspot just for fun. I do not want to keep this blog alive. Most of the articles are irrelevant. I just want to keep some interesting among those I have written.

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    I think it is important to know if you want to keep the rankings of the blogspot articles or if you only want to switch the content


    Obviously I hope that good rankings will come back on another website.

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    If you have some good rankings why do you want to switch the content to another site?


    Because there is no money to be made in Blospot with gambling. So I want to transfer them to commercial sites I own the domain.

    _________

    Thank you very much for your comments.
    " Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
    Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money

  13. #8
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    Do what baldidiot says. I did the same with personal blog for which I bought domain. It ranked even better after I simply submitted the new domain in blogger and rest is done by google on autopilot.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (28 January 2015)

  15. #9
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I am not sure what the repercussions might be, but if you are planning to delete the content off one site and move it, and you do not want to delete all of it at once, you could consider adding the no-index tag to the pages and this might help speeding of removal from the index.

    Rick
    Universal4

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Mario The Gambler (28 January 2015)

  17. #10
    Mario The Gambler's Avatar
    Mario The Gambler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Good idea.
    " Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
    Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money

  18. #11
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    "Because there is no money to be made in blogspot with gambling"?
    I am not sure what you mean. When a page ranks for a specific keyword what has this to do with blogspot.
    You can convert the traffic anyway or did I miss something?
    WETTFORMAT
    https://wettformat.com
    Wett Tipps, Wettanbieter, Wettbonus

  19. #12
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    "Because there is no money to be made in blogspot with gambling"?
    I am not sure what you mean. When a page ranks for a specific keyword what has this to do with blogspot.
    You can convert the traffic anyway or did I miss something?
    I'm assuming they're referring to the fact that you're not allowed to put gambling aff links on blogger. Might get away with it for a while (day, month, year, decade, who knows..) but as soon as they find out about it they'll shut it down.

    This is from the T&C's:

    "Regulated Goods and Services: Do not use Blogger to sell or facilitate the sale of regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices."
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  20. #13
    Mario The Gambler's Avatar
    Mario The Gambler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 85 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wettFORM.AT View Post
    "Because there is no money to be made in blogspot with gambling"?
    I am not sure what you mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    I'm assuming they're referring to the fact that you're not allowed to put gambling aff links on blogger. Might get away with it for a while (day, month, year, decade, who knows..) but as soon as they find out about it they'll shut it down.

    This is from the T&C's:

    "Regulated Goods and Services: Do not use Blogger to sell or facilitate the sale of regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices."

    x2
    " Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
    Eddie Felson in the movie The Color of Money

  21. #14
    wettFORM.AT's Avatar
    wettFORM.AT is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    thank you baldidiot I was not aware of this fact. Then of course it makes sense to use the content on another site to be safe. But it depends on the new site if the content will rank the same. There are many factores that can influence the rankings.
    WETTFORMAT
    https://wettformat.com
    Wett Tipps, Wettanbieter, Wettbonus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •