Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default Unibet banners offline

    Yday I talked to one AM from Unibet about nonfuctional banner. I promised him list of all banners that have problems. Today we wanted to do the list and at least for me no one banner works.

    Tried few VPNs, same result. Nobody is responding to me, so do you have the same experience?
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  2. #2
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    My VPN blocks everything that has to do with Kindred. Problem is the URL and they know about the problem. My aff manager sometimes gives me new, special URLs to avoid this problem.

  3. #3
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Is is blocked on non VPN as well of course from different countries (I mentioned VPN because sometimes the problem is certain IP and VPN make it working). Your Unibet banners work right now?
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  4. #4
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Refused to display 'https://dspk.kindredplc.com/ad.aspx?' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.
    They block their own iframes. As my dev said this happens during updates of system. Not the best way how to handle it. Still waiting for their response.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  5. #5
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Is is blocked on non VPN as well of course from different countries (I mentioned VPN because sometimes the problem is certain IP and VPN make it working). Your Unibet banners work right now?
    I host their banners as images on my own hosting space.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    Sherlock (31 May 2018)

  7. #6
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    I do it with some, obv they are working, problem is that their best banners are the ones with live odds and those obviously can not be hosted by us.

    Also the new banners are html5 which is better for mobile/desktop, because they are responsive.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  8. #7
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I do it with some, obv they are working, problem is that their best banners are the ones with live odds and those obviously can not be hosted by us.

    Also the new banners are html5 which is better for mobile/desktop, because they are responsive.

    I agree with that. It would be better if I could use their banners, but I see too many issues with that. I've had plenty of issues with banners, not just with Kindred. Some are blocked sometimes or landing pages do not exist anymore or banners are just deleted. That's why I had to make the choice to host everything myself.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    Sherlock (31 May 2018)

  10. #8
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I do it with some, obv they are working, problem is that their best banners are the ones with live odds and those obviously can not be hosted by us.
    Image proxy

  11. #9
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Pls elaborate further how "image proxy" (probably some cdn?) can resolve the problem of serving html5 creatives with dynamic content.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  12. #10
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Pls elaborate further how "image proxy" (probably some cdn?) can resolve the problem of serving html5 creatives with dynamic content.
    The content is not really dynamic. i have use 2 scriptz in the past, to copy and serve flash ads. The files are stored on my server and this script,redownload it every XX minutes...

    I do this to bypass adblock....

  13. #11
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    The content of odds is generally dynamic. We can often see nothing there when their API is down. Idk about Unibet, definitely it is not something I would touch.

    Anyways if you can backup sample banner with odds feed from Unibet I would love to see it.
    Last edited by Sherlock; 1 June 2018 at 2:24 pm.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  14. #12
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post

    Anyways if you can backup sample banner with odds feed from Unibet I would love to see it.
    Send me a Banner Link from Unibet,i will try to find this script in the next days on my hard drive...i have it,the question is where.

    Regards

  15. #13
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    code sent
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •