There are many unknown factors, such as the products I handle, how well the site is doing, and many other factors.
Approximately how long does it take from the completion of building an affiliate site until commissions are paid?
There are many unknown factors, such as the products I handle, how well the site is doing, and many other factors.
Approximately how long does it take from the completion of building an affiliate site until commissions are paid?
It depends.
Far too many factors in play to provide a simple answer to that.
Rick
Universal4
It's impossible to respond with any sensible/remotely accurate answer, because there are so many dependencies and nuances.
First, you will (very likely) never complete building a site. You may get to a point where it has enough traffic to potentially earn money, and then the dependencies will kick in.
What are the dependencies?
Your chosen target subject.
The geo target.
How well you have created the site.
The level of competition.
What skills you have in management, content creation, technical website management, adaptability, focus, and many more. In varying degrees you'll likely need all of them.
How much you've invested and/or are paying someone else to do, if you personally are not doing all of the above.
Who you've chosen to market (ie which operators).
Factors outside of your control or influence (ie if you're relying on organic search engine traffic).
Whether you have got your head around affiliate terms and conditions, or they change.
That's just a selection, there will be more. But I think they're probably the main ones.
At a wild,wild guess - given your question suggests you may be new to the game - if you were earning commissions (ie actually getting paid out) within a year the that would probably be a surprise and you will have had some luck or done something pretty clever (or highly focused) to get to that point.
But, like I said, so many nuances could come into play. If you did everything right, it's not totally inconceivable it could be quicker. And, you do have to consider the possibility that you could do a lot right, and still not get to a point of making commissions.
My first site, I got lucky and landed one big depositor(though unfortunately not an ongoing redepositer) in my first few months, so had a nice payout. But the thing is, even if your site if bringing in some signups, there can be wide volatility in commissions. Some players deposit $20 once, sometimes players win and withdraw and cancel out other deposits. I have made a number of smaller sites, and honestly am not holding my breathe on them(I'm hoping a few do well in the longer run, expecting some to fail gaining traction on google).
The casino niche is very competitive, it can be hard to gauge which keywords are viable to gain traction on in short term. And if too competitive, even with a lot of work, you might not rank for desired keywords in the longer run, as there could be 50 other sites that are older with higher DA that are working just as hard as you to rank for the same terms. The idea with hard work, you'll be able to achieve top 5 for a target search term, is just not true depending on keyword, and even more unlikely in the first 6 months if a competitive search.
Also, even if similar format and style, google likes some sites more than others depending on focus, even if they are just as well made, and may even want to build multiple sites and possible basically scrap one if it seems google doesn't like it. Long story short, there is a high chance of failure, and even if you gain some traction, the commissions can be spotty.
I wouldn't plan based on expecting success, I'd plan on expecting failure. Definitely don't plan based on relying upon future income. Especially especially true with your first site. And even if you're getting traffic, you'll find some casinos just convert and retain players much better than others, and you may need to readjust after spending a lot of time on a bunch of casinos that don't convert well for your traffic. I'm less than a full year in, and there's one casino out of the ones I've been promoting that is out performing all the others, and I definitely just need to find more like it(and there's other casinos I went out of the way to feature prominently on my site that got a lot of sign ups but nearly no conversions).
No pun intended, making a site in this niche is sorta a gamble of your time and money. It can pay off, but it also really might not, especially in the first months.
chaumi (7 February 2024)
The very first money I made from my site was from selling links, not commission. I think I started seeing commission only 9-12 months down the line. But I am a pretty slow learner as well.
p.s. to this day selling links brings in roughly the same amount of money as my commissions. That said, I focus only on sports betting, where players are generally more cautious and lose less.
Last edited by PaulEchere; 8 February 2024 at 2:00 am.
Excactly as Universal 4 said, really depends on the keywords you're focussing on and GEO's.
If its for the website in your profile, I would quite worry about the backlink profile and disavow most of them...
it took me 6 months to get my first FTD 10 years ago.
Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired
It also took me quite some time. I think it was about 7 months or so, to get my first depositing player, and that was in 2005.
Thank you very much for your many meaningful comments. They were helpful.
We were able to acquire more than 1,000 users in one year mainly through SNS, and we started generating revenue from the 6th month, but currently there is no revenue due to negative carryover. We gave up revenue from some casinos.
Furthermore, it was discovered that there are many malicious players who take advantage of the anonymity of SNS. This is primarily an issue when using multiple accounts. As a result, rewards are lost due to negative carryover.
So I started using WordPress with SEO in mind.
Geography may be a big issue, but I often hear, including myself, that if you have the necessary knowledge, you can start making money in about 6 months on average.
A website is never complete, and there are so many factors that influence the time it takes to earn the first commission that I wouldn't even dare to give an estimate.
However, what I can do is speak from my own experience: yes, it's true that there are a lot of external factors that influence commissions, but don't let that distract you from doing the work. I used to overthink everything, studying without putting what I learned into practice, hoping to have everything perfect, and I let myself be guided by what I wanted instead of what worked. Once I stopped with the nonsense, I started making money within a couple of months.
casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals
revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog
onkajikun (13 February 2024)
I have run several sites and all have gotten their first commission within a month. The strategy is to target different keywords depending on the strength of the domain and how well it fits the genre. If it's a weak domain, it's better to target low volume but easy keywords. You need to get access to the site first to get commissions.