Anybody else getting referral spam showing in their analytics data?
The most popular one is social-buttons.com
Anybody else getting referral spam showing in their analytics data?
The most popular one is social-buttons.com
Yep, loads. best-seo-offer and buttons-for-your-website are flavour of the month today
Same here.... Do they actually visit the site or does IT just register in analytics ?
Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Yes I get them every day but some weeks ago I spent some time to update my filter so my stats are back to normal. Theses referral links does not hurt your site but they mess up your analytics data so try to add a filter. This should help.
I've seen the seo button on my regular tracker. This one, xxdomination dot ml, is on analytics which is new to me.
Not seen the buttons one but the other is one of 2 new semalt competitor analysis domains (best-seo-solution.com being the other). Like semalt.com, they don't advertise themselves as spiders so they appear in (and gum up) your stats. Also annoying are the crawlers on AppEngine. You can block them in .htaccess thus:
Code:#### BLOCK SCRAPERS ### RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} AppEngine [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} semalt\.com [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} best-seo-solution\.com [NC,OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} best-seo-offer\.com [NC,OR] RewriteRule .* - [F]
golfbettingsystem (24 April 2015)
yes buttons are always the most of the links.
yes, I saw those yesterday and added rules to htaccess to block them. below is the code I grabbed, no idea if its done correctly but the author/article seemed reliable.
# Block visitors referred from semalt.com
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^https?://([^.]+\.)*buttons-for-website\.com [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^https?://([^.]+\.)*semalt\.com [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^https?://([^.]+\.)*simple-share-buttons\.com [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^https?://(site[0-9]+\.)?social-buttons\.com [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [F]
</IfModule>
Hello, the same problem here.
I've found this code, but I am not sure if it is safe and correct:
# BEGIN BLOCK SPAM REFERRALS
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (?:savetubevideo|srecorder|semalt|kambasoft|ilovev italy|iloveitaly|net\.hts|priceg|darodar|econom|bu ttons\-for\-website|blackhatworth|hulfingtonpost|adviceforum)\ .((?!\.).)*?$ [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [F]
# END BLOCK SPAM REFERRALS
Would you advise to use this code(or which one from the codes posted on this thread) and where exactly add it in the .htaccess file?
Thanks.
Last edited by vardan; 27 April 2015 at 3:15 pm.
I've been getting insane amounts of referrer spam.
I've found these two sources helpful in dealing with both referrer spam and crawler spam. (Referrer Spam is dealt with using GA Filters and Crawler Spam is dealt with using the .htaccess edits.)
http://blog.raventools.com/stop-referrer-spam
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...analytics.html
Cheers,
sunsation72 (28 April 2015)
It gets worse from week to week but the filters help. Anyway I can still see hits on my page from undefined countries. Not that much but they still show up in my reports and I hate it.
https://professionalrakeback.com
We write excellent long-form content for other webmasters, for free.
How can we work together on a win/win deal? Be creative!
Here good article, http://ads-blocker.com/block-referral-spam/
Also seeing an increasing number of broken links pointing to my sites on GWT from spammy referring sites, more than the normal youtube scrapers etc. One I found yesterday was a spyware site so be careful if you check the links highlighted on GWT manually.
-Shay- (30 April 2015)
Moonlight Cat (30 April 2015)
Many thanks Cat, that is exactly what we needed!
Moonlight Cat (30 April 2015)
Someone getting a huge amount of "direct" spam traffic from USA?
Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
GamblingEnthusiast (12 May 2015)