JohnV is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Website navigational structure - question for Gary/others.

Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a new site and wondering what the consensus was on the best sort of navigational structure.

By this I mean that many sites, mine included, have a single or number of main navigation bars that display on every page of the website linking to the same pages.

But where should someone draw the line as to what pages should be linked to from every other page?

John

GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hi John,

This article (Portfolio Design Study) has some awesome website design information that may help you. 5. Navigation Alignment. I'm not sure if this is what you need, but hope it helps.

Where to put the main navigation in the layout? The question isn’t trivial and often leads to a debate among designers. Surprisingly, our study revealed that most portfolio designers place the main navigation in the upper-right corner of the layout. In fact:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GamTrak For This Useful Post:

Vrindavan (15 October 2009)

bbonline is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnV View Post
    Hi

I'm in the process of setting up a new site and wondering what the consensus was on the best sort of navigational structure.

By this I mean that many sites, mine included, have a single or number of main navigation bars that display on every page of the website linking to the same pages.

But where should someone draw the line as to what pages should be linked to from every other page?

John
    I guess this article might give you a hint on how to create an effective yet good navigational structure, http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/access...avigation.html