Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default This weird dream freaked me out!

    I know I've had some very strange dreams, so I'm guessing everyone else has had them too. What freaked me out most was what happened when I woke up.

    I knew I was dreaming, so wasn't panicked, at first, by the dream itself:

    As the dream starts, I notice my sister talking to my brother in my living room. What's strange about that was that my brother was standing in a jail cage, and there was a very odd-looking boy creature huddled in the backcorner of the cage. My brother was over near the bars, telling my sister that he was turning over some millions of dollars to her b/c he had decided not to be a Native American anymore. (We've never lived as Native Americans, and only been told that our great-grandmother was Cherokee.) My brother is a tightwad in the extreme, so I didn't pay what he said any attention, other than to wonder why my sister was even listening to what he was saying.

    But I did wonder why I hadn't noticed this jail cell in my living room before, and to wonder about the oddlooking boy-creature in the corner. As I was about to ask my brother why he was in a cage in my lining room, and what the boy was doing in there, suddenly, my brother was completely consumed - whole - in the gaping maw of the odd, boy-creature. I stood there in frozen shock, while my sister laughed! While I'm stuttering, and telling my sister we need to get the hell out of there, she simply says not to worry about it.

    Next thing I remember is waking up in a lounge chair with this horrible pain in my hand!! I open my eyes and the boy-creature has his teeth clamped on my hand, looking at me!! Panicked, my first thought was that I was dead meat.....then I opened my eyes.

    I was so relieved when I opened my eyes....but I could not move!! I tried and tried for about 3 seconds, before gradually I was able to move my fingers and toes, and gradually other parts as well. I had no idea why I couldn't move. Of course, I got up and got a drink of water, thinking about the dream...that one was a doozy, as my aunt would say.

    As much as the weird-a$$ dream, waking up virtually paralyzed was what has stuck with me the most!

    Ever had anything like that happen to you?
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  2. #2
    AWH-Gemma's Avatar
    AWH-Gemma is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Yes, sleep paralysis

    I have had it when I am waking up from a dream but also mostly whilst falling asleep, freaked me right out the first time

  3. #3
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Yes, It's sleep paralysis.

    Was reading up on it and it can be accompanied by hallucinations, which are often mistaken for a dream.

    I remember when I was younger I woke from a nightmare paralyzed, and I felt like something was holding me down! Very scary at the time, but it's never happened to me since.
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  4. #4
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,163
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineGardiner View Post
    I remember when I was younger I woke from a nightmare paralyzed, and I felt like something was holding me down! Very scary at the time, but it's never happened to me since.
    First I've heard about this, now some of those poltergeist stories you hear about seem to make sense.

  5. #5
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Never had sleep paralysis before, but must be a very weird feeling! Also, you mentioned you knew you were in a dream... I have never been able to do that, I always feel like its something easy to notice but every time I'm having a dream I feel its real until I wake up...

  6. #6
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Wow, that dream indeed is freaky!

    And sleep paralysis can definitely scare the sh** out of a person. What bothers me about this types of dreams is the second part. In the dream itself you feel like you are waking up (when in fact you are in another dream stage) and the bad dream is over and something even more horrible happens.

    I personally always have nightmares when I sleep on my back. Any other position is fine but if ever during my sleep I roll over onto my back, the nightmare is guaranteed. Anyone else has a similar issue?
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineGardiner View Post
    Yes, It's sleep paralysis.

    Was reading up on it and it can be accompanied by hallucinations, which are often mistaken for a dream.

    I remember when I was younger I woke from a nightmare paralyzed, and I felt like something was holding me down! Very scary at the time, but it's never happened to me since.
    I've had that too - woke up and someone had grabbed my arm and because I was so scared I couldn't move..

    Later realised that my other arm was numb and because I couldn't feel it, didn't realise that I was actually grabbing my own arm..

    Douchebag!

    Amateur - the little boy thing in the corner, did it have big black devil-like eyes and huge scary sharp teeth?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  8. #8
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

  9. #9
    AWH-Gemma's Avatar
    AWH-Gemma is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunction View Post
    Wow, that dream indeed is freaky!

    And sleep paralysis can definitely scare the sh** out of a person. What bothers me about this types of dreams is the second part. In the dream itself you feel like you are waking up (when in fact you are in another dream stage) and the bad dream is over and something even more horrible happens.

    I personally always have nightmares when I sleep on my back. Any other position is fine but if ever during my sleep I roll over onto my back, the nightmare is guaranteed. Anyone else has a similar issue?
    Me too! Sleep on my back guarantees instant nightmares, I always sleep on my side, I read in a book that this is common although you are the first person other than myself that I met with this

  10. #10
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWH-Gemma View Post
    Me too! Sleep on my back guarantees instant nightmares, I always sleep on my side, I read in a book that this is common although you are the first person other than myself that I met with this
    Hello kindred spirit

    Amateur - the little boy thing in the corner, did it have big black devil-like eyes and huge scary sharp teeth?
    Do these details have a particular significance Renee? Does it mean something?
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #11
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunction View Post
    Hello kindred spirit



    Do these details have a particular significance Renee? Does it mean something?
    This character shows up a lot in paranormal research.
    It's the basic description of a demon from people who "see things".
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  12. #12
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    This character shows up a lot in paranormal research.
    It's the basic description of a demon from people who "see things".
    You're scaring me, Renee! I am already spooked enough by this whole thing. I've never claimed to "see things", nor do I want to "see things", except what's in front of me.

    In fact, the boy-creature had black eyes, as best I can remember, with an oversize head. It didn't seem overtly threatening, but I sensed that nothing good couild come from this whole situation.

    I could feel my muscles tensing to head for the door, when the scene changed and I was in the chair. There was no way I was staying in that house, or taking time to collect anything from it either!

    As for sleeping on my back, now that you've mentioned it, I was on my back when I woke up. I hadn't thought about it before, or noticed what position I sleep in, for the most part. Not sure how I can avoid it though, since I'm not sure I can control which position I'm in when I'm asleep.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  13. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Sorry for scaring you... It was an honest question.. It doesn't necessarily mean you see things, or that you're haunted or possessed or anything like that... it could just be a coincidence that it appeared in your dreams - many people dream of demons when they are having nightmares.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  14. #14
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I guess it could mean that you are a 'sensitive'. You know, not someone who actually sees things per se, but maybe you do sense otherworldly stuff around you that other people cannot. It's like being in tune with the ether. Hope I am not scaring you even more...

    Have you ever had anything that could be assimilated to a premonition?

    I usually get these. Like an overall bad feeling when something bad is about to happen.
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    I get goosebumps pretty easy from hearing stories, but still, I'll have to see something myself to believe in that sort of stuff. I think I've had enough opportunities in my life time but nothing has come close

  16. #16
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    I get goosebumps pretty easy from hearing stories, but still, I'll have to see something myself to believe in that sort of stuff. I think I've had enough opportunities in my life time but nothing has come close
    I'm sure if I told you even half of the stuff I've seen, you'd sleep with your lights on for the rest of your life..
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  17. #17
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm sure if I told you even half of the stuff I've seen, you'd sleep with your lights on for the rest of your life..

    haha really?? well then that's a no in regards to listening to your scary stories! I think its all in the mind, at least that's what I make myself believe

  18. #18
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    haha really?? well then that's a no in regards to listening to your scary stories! I think its all in the mind, at least that's what I make myself believe
    Sometimes that doesn't help unfortunately. I think you just need to embrace it sometimes or you end up just going nuts.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  19. #19
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'm sure if I told you even half of the stuff I've seen, you'd sleep with your lights on for the rest of your life..
    That sounds interesting. I would love to hear about some of your experiences Renee.
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  20. #20
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Sometimes that doesn't help unfortunately. I think you just need to embrace it sometimes or you end up just going nuts.
    Totally right. There was this guy who was clairvoyant. He could see things by touching objects. Well at one point he got so freaked, he chopped off his hands. Extreme!!!

    There was this other guy who went nuts also. Luckily, he didn't do something as dramatic as the first one though. Still he shut himself up in his trailer and refused to have any contact with the outside world.

    Imagine what it must have been like for them.
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •