Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default What Have You Missed Most During Lockdown?

    Finally managed to get some Chinese food delivered last night after what seems like an eternity, it was divine! What have you missed most during the last few weeks?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

    rafraf (25 May 2020)

  3. #2
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    Socialising with friends and family. Simple things like going out for a meal, going the cinema, nights away, taking our young son to play places. Our Chinese have been delivering for 6 weeks or so, we've had quite a few

  4. #3
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,761
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Decent cappuccino. But after a month bought Brikka coffee maker and Nespresso milk foamer and now i can keep coroning for few months more.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  5. #4
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutthebets View Post
    Socialising with friends and family. Simple things like going out for a meal, going the cinema, nights away, taking our young son to play places. Our Chinese have been delivering for 6 weeks or so, we've had quite a few
    Quite lucky where we are in that it’s rural and plenty of walks to do with the kids to keep them semi-occupied. Not seeing friends and family is painful I agree, only so much you can do with Zoom etc.

    Quite jealous of the takeaway situation, although saved me a few quid in the meantime in these tough times!

  6. #5
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Decent cappuccino. But after a month bought Brikka coffee maker and Nespresso milk foamer and now i can keep coroning for few months more.
    My wife’s keen on coffee so got a fairly good machine at home that’s seen a lot of action. Mind you, still miss actually going out for a coffee every now and then

  7. #6
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    Quite lucky where we are in that it’s rural and plenty of walks to do with the kids to keep them semi-occupied. Not seeing friends and family is painful I agree, only so much you can do with Zoom etc.

    Quite jealous of the takeaway situation, although saved me a few quid in the meantime in these tough times!
    We have lots of walks near us and canals but a toddler gers easily bored. Will be interesting sending him back to nursery.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to allaboutthebets For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (24 May 2020)

  9. #7
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,761
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 718 Times in 501 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    My wife’s keen on coffee so got a fairly good machine at home that’s seen a lot of action. Mind you, still miss actually going out for a coffee every now and then
    True. Missed it more at start though. Now kind of got used to it. My office is in nature area so moved my morning coffee there, instead of the usual coffee place.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MMM For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (24 May 2020)

  11. #8
    RooW-LotteryOffice is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    April 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I have missed being able to visit my 86 year old mother in New Zealand!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RooW-LotteryOffice For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (24 May 2020), GPWA Maria (25 May 2020)

  13. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    I've missed being able to wander down to the local parks and watch amateur football on a Saturday afternoon.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020), RooW-LotteryOffice (25 May 2020)

  15. #10
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Having 'worked from home' for years now most of this hasn't been too different. I have walked my dog every morning like normal and bumped into the same people every morning, distancing obviously, so that was always helped. I was missing the pub and my friends and still am missing friends but starting to really not miss waking up feeling like death.
    I think overall normality is what I'm missing and in the UK it seems like we haven't had a good run of it for years. Forget anyones political leanings but we had the big crash with labour and it seemed people wanted change, and we didn't really get it with a joint government, then we got a tory government who then gave us the brexit vote. so after thinking Cameron was going to give us some steady years he went and we all know what happened with May etc until December. As I said FORGET leanings but all of a sudden Boris was in, Brexit was done, 5 years of the tories was certain and all uncertainty about what would happen was finished. There was talk of Boris being PM for 10 years easy, with a crap opposition, the public behind him, brexit done it was finally time to sit back and enjoy some settled years, which we did.... for a month.
    Then this whole thing kicked off. God, I just really crave normal, whatever the hell that was

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bingoreviews For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020)

  17. #11
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I've missed dancing with a partner. I usually dance every night of the week and solo dancing over zoom is just not the same. Probably won't be back for a long time either considering it's impossible to physical distance.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (1 June 2020), golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020), GPWA Maria (25 May 2020), RooW-LotteryOffice (25 May 2020)

  19. #12
    Vibes's Avatar
    Vibes is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Well, I have missed the obvious things like going out to restaurants, cinema, bars, short holidays etc. On the other hand I started to appreciatie the small things in life more than before. Just go for a ride with my bike, fishing with my children, working in my garden. I am glad I woke up.....

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vibes For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (25 May 2020), golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020), GPWA Maria (25 May 2020), Renee (25 May 2020)

  21. #13
    GPWA Maria's Avatar
    GPWA Maria is offline In Memoriam, 1970-2022
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    3,243
    Thanks
    1,099
    Thanked 458 Times in 319 Posts

    Default

    I lived under a dictatorship until I was 18 years old. At times, this locked down felt very much like that, so I would say the things I missed the most were the little freedoms we take for granted e.g going out for a walk when I felt like it.

    I have not missed restaurants or cinema or going to big shopping places, in fact I don't think I will be too keen on going 100% back to normal. I suppose this down time period made realized what is more important.
    Feature your Affiliate Program with us and enjoy the rewards!

    Regards,

    Maria Florides
    GPWA Program Manager
    GPWA.org | iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com | FinanceAffiliatePrograms.com | GPWAtimes.org | iGamingPocketDirectory.com | APCW.org

    Mob: +35796453758 | Skype: Maria.florides1 | Email: Maria@gpwa.org

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GPWA Maria For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (25 May 2020), golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020)

  23. #14
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default

    I miss just going a evening out with the missus. Have a nice dinner, go see a movie and then hit the casino.
    Also, just walking around freely without having to worry about some a**hole invading your private space and acting offended when you ask them to keep their distance.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfie For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (26 May 2020), golfbettingsystem (25 May 2020), Renee (25 May 2020)

  25. #15
    CharlesLund is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Honestly, I miss sports a lot.

    As a spectator and a player.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesLund For This Useful Post:

    Renee (25 May 2020)

  27. #16
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPWA Maria View Post
    I have not missed restaurants or cinema or going to big shopping places, in fact I don't think I will be too keen on going 100% back to normal. I suppose this down time period made realized what is more important.
    I'll be honest, I haven't really missed this either.. In fact, I'm liking the amount of money I'm saving right now. The positive is that once everything goes back to normal I will be far less likely to spend money on stupid things. I think a lot of people will be the same, which means the economy may take even longer to restart.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  28. #17
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,978
    Thanks
    4,537
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I'll be honest, I haven't really missed this either.. In fact, I'm liking the amount of money I'm saving right now. The positive is that once everything goes back to normal I will be far less likely to spend money on stupid things. I think a lot of people will be the same, which means the economy may take even longer to restart.
    I agree with these points, it has certainly taught a lot of people that their discretionary spending is easier to slow down.

    This may lead to more available for entertainment, but many more are realizing they can find more entertainment at home, on the net etc and it may have a positive affect on our industry, but time will tell.

    Rick
    Universal4

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Renee (28 May 2020)

  30. #18
    drifter8's Avatar
    drifter8 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,738
    Thanked 624 Times in 480 Posts

    Default

    I missed sports, gym, going our with friend on pubs and restaurant.

    Very soon all will be back to normal..
    Seven times fall, eight times stand.

  31. #19
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Restaurants, yesterday the city Im in opened terraces so went out for steak, also another big miss is the gym, not just the exercise but the motivation and getting out of sync


  32. #20
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    Restaurants, yesterday the city Im in opened terraces so went out for steak, also another big miss is the gym, not just the exercise but the motivation and getting out of sync
    Missed the gym at first too, and like you for the routine as much as the exercise. Started jogging outside instead and really enjoying the fresh air I must say. Bought some dumbbells and have some HIIT workouts on DVD so have a weekly routine now which is bringing the motivation back and slowly starting to erode some of the excess baggage!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •