Google analytics lets you look at the device category of your visitors. The information is visible under: User > User attributes > Tech > Tech details in the Analytics left navigation menu.
For all active users, Google Analytics reports the following percentages for the GPWA.org website for the last 28 days (well, Google Analytics gives user counts, and I used those to calculate the percentages):
100.0% Total
73.32% Mobile
26.12% Desktop
00.38% Tablet
00.01% Smart TV
Looking calendar year 2024, the percentages were as follows for the GPWA website:
100.0% Total
51.62% Desktop
47.39% Mobile
00.52% Tablet
00.01% Smart TV
So, even for a website like the GPWA, traffic is now nearly 75% mobile, versus under 50% mobile in 2024.
I've watched the mobile numbers grow over the years, but the mobile growth of a business website primarily targeted to folks that almost certainly have desktop/laptop devices like GPWA members, surprised me.
With that background information, for this week's poll I ask what percentage of users visiting your main site in the last 28 days are using mobile devices. Besides voting in the poll, I invite you to share percentages by device type, and also to share how the figures have changed versus those for calendar year 2024.
Michael


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote



