banjo is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default What price is good content worth?

Hi there,

I wanted to ask you all what you pay for content, some of the quotes i get I just can't see how they could be be profitable, certainly not on a newer site.

I guess it all depends on quality but let's assume native english, to a good standard worthy of 1st page rankings.

It would really help if I had a ball park i should be ok paying per word.

Thanks all.
    banjo.

-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,162 Times in 1,695 Posts

The value of truly original, well researched, "expert" and conversion oriented content is often worth more than affiliates are willing to pay.

Likewise, the writer's definitions of "original" and their true areas of "expertise" are also a bit off if you ask me.

I've not purchased content in a while - but it would not be unreasonable to pay 5-6 cents per word for decent content. Some will work for 2.5-4 cents per word but at that level, you really do not have grounds to complain about quality.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

banjo (27 April 2016), dfiocch (28 April 2016), Roulette Zeitung (27 April 2016), wonderpunter (28 April 2016)

Aeternus is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I have been paying anything from 3-5 cents per word, but I am always ordering a test article first before starting to work with a new writer. You never know what you get, so it could take some trial and error before you find a really good writer.

Eddie G is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I've paid up to 8c/word for content. It's not all that easy to find someone who knows the topic inside out and can present it well. Guess the most common pricing is somewhere between 2 and 5 cents a word.
    Always looking to trade links for some Wagyu.