Stephen Cronin is offline New Member
    Thanks

Talking What problems do GPWA webmasters and business leaders spend a lot of time solving?

Hey Ladies and Gents. I have a freshman question (today is my first day as a member) and I was hoping that some fellow newbies and GPWA gurus could help me with my market research by sharing their expertise in the industry.

So what I am looking to do is get an understanding of what pain points or wishlists sports gambling portal site people think about everyday. If there was an ideal piece of technology or a solution to help a webmaster solve a persistent problem what would that be? Id love to hear about the business side of the industry as well.

Cheers people, let me know if this belongs somewhere else or has been posted somewhere and I am duping a thread.

Stephen.
    CIO skriptfoundry

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,267 Times in 2,030 Posts

Some sort of process to easily parse XML data and display selected portions.

Stephen Cronin is offline New Member
    Thanks

Default an XML solution.

hey theGooner, thanks for the response. I'm curious, is the xml problem you face a big data problem where you get a huge flow of data like maybe shifting odds data thats tough to manage?

you might want to talk to Daniel Mclaren, CEO of Asterisq Inc --> asterisq.com who has a solution for visualizing XML datasets. I did a lot of work for him in the past using XSLT to transform large XML datasets with interconnected data into readable semantic HTML and graphs in flash. he also has some pretty slick visualization techniques like thinkmap to open up data.

Tell him Steve Cronin sent you and i'm sure he'd be happy to have a chat.

Cheers,

Stephen.

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,267 Times in 2,030 Posts

It can be any number of things - be it odds data, market data, news, stories, game schedules, player injuries, betting volumes, whatever.

The program routinely says - "oh we've got some XML feeds for that" - but when asked for any sort of pre-canned script to process and display them they come up blank.

(as if it's an other worldly request to actually want to use the data intelligently instead of dumping it all out ?!)

Generally, we only want to extract a couple of elements or occurances from the dataset. But frankly I usually cannot be "arsed" mucking around with all the set-up and work for data that is usually unproven.