Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    The Buzz's Avatar
    The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,483
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default When to e-mail, text or call

    Business Insider has an interesting story about when you should use e-mail, text or the old-fashioned phone call. Personally, Buzzy resorts to Myspace for 90% of his business communication.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/when-...or-call-2014-2

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Buzz For This Useful Post:

    ElaineGardiner (21 February 2014)

  3. #2
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Link doesnt work for me. .
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  4. #3
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Email is so much easier. It is easier to get stuff done. When I was doing real estate I cut down at least a half an hour out of 1-2 hours of pointless talk. I still scheduled a weekly follow up time to call the people that I have good relationships with, but I could not imagine having to be on the phone that much again


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  5. #4
    louie.wilson's Avatar
    louie.wilson is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 139 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Simple. That last picture is just perfect.

  6. #5
    magic8media's Avatar
    magic8media is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    for some reason this link doesn't work for me too...

  7. #6
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I refuse to use anything other than email...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  8. #7
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    They are so many ways to get in contact with people nowadays, some affiliates prefer Skype other emails.

    This guy seems a bit pushy http://www.cyrusstoller.com/2014/01/...time-requests/

  9. #8
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I don't know Maria, I think he hits the nail on the head to be honest.

    If I'm busy at my desk I will often close my email client because I don't want the email pop up to distract me. If it's urgent I have IM open, or someone can just walk over to me. So if someone wanted an immediate response and I have my email closed, they are not going to get it.

    I also abide by the "litmus test" where if my issue is not urgent enough to interrupt someone in a conversation, then I will usually just IM or email them. I think that's a pretty fair judgement.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  10. #9
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I don't know Maria, I think he hits the nail on the head to be honest.

    If I'm busy at my desk I will often close my email client because I don't want the email pop up to distract me. If it's urgent I have IM open, or someone can just walk over to me. So if someone wanted an immediate response and I have my email closed, they are not going to get it.

    I also abide by the "litmus test" where if my issue is not urgent enough to interrupt someone in a conversation, then I will usually just IM or email them. I think that's a pretty fair judgement.
    I understand what you are saying, but I wasn’t talking about co-workers or affiliates that you have been working with for some time and have a close working relationship. I was talking about potential affiliates, some people hate getting phone calls especially from strangers. I avoid calling people I don’t know unless it has been requested by them.

    I had a colleague that used to call every single potential affiliate, this used to get on my nerves because I found that he had a very pushy approach.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maria F For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (23 February 2014)

  12. #10
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,366
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,109
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Florides View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but I wasn’t talking about co-workers or affiliates that you have been working with for some time and have a close working relationship. I was talking about potential affiliates, some people hate getting phone calls especially from strangers. I avoid calling people I don’t know unless it has been requested by them.
    I 100% agree with that.
    I think that a phone call is step 2 and shouldn't be step one for contacting new affiliate.

    When sending initial email including introduction and some details about the brands and the program the affiliate
    have time to review, check stuff and decide what to ask when he'll reply and also decide if he wants to join this program at all.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    Maria F (23 February 2014)

  14. #11
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,999
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    talking about potential affiliates
    Approaching potential affiliates and current affiliates is completely different.

    If I am not an affiliate of a program, the first question I ask when you contact me, "Where did you get the contact information?"

    You should be prepared to answer this question in order for the conversation to continue. Please be honest with the answer or the conversation is not going to go the way you expected.

    Rick
    Universal4

  15. #12
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    The main reason I work in this industry is so I don't have to talk to anyone!
    But usually Email 99% of the time, maybe skype.
    With email you also have a log of all conversations etc.

  16. #13
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Ok yep, when it comes to affs I agree that email or skype is the best option.
    Personally, I think people pick up the phone when they don't get a response via either of those methods.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (24 February 2014)

  18. #14
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Normally I will call an affiliate if they have requested that we get on a call to discuss something.

    I wouldn't call a potential affiliate out of the blue. Email or using the contact page on their website would be my preference if I don't know the person.

    For me email is the top method for contacting affiliates, followed by Skype.

  19. #15
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Approaching potential affiliates and current affiliates is completely different.

    If I am not an affiliate of a program, the first question I ask when you contact me, "Where did you get the contact information?"

    You should be prepared to answer this question in order for the conversation to continue. Please be honest with the answer or the conversation is not going to go the way you expected.

    Rick
    Universal4
    I'm the same. There are a couple of emails that I only ever give out to programs I work with, so if a new program has one of those addresses they need to explain where they got it from. As there's normally no legit reason for having it, it also tends to give the program a black mark in my notes (eg: if they buy/sell emails, what else are they willing to do).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (24 February 2014)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •