Buddy M is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Wheres my visitors.

Im not having a good three months as my visitors have dropped. How do I know if I have be banned by any of the search engines?

eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Thanks

the site in your sig? looks not very healthy in Ahrefs ... actually no rankings, no traffic.

Tried to attache a screenshot but those money clip came up and I cant delete it.

But common, for what and with what content you're up to rank in one of the coolest markets?!

About 40 pages indexed ... very thin content, no links, very old school setup/design.

Probably there is nothing "wrong" with your site but everything.
    Name:  audit1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  34.4 KB
    Name:  audit2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  75.8 KB
    Last edited by eenzoo; 7 October 2021 at 12:51 pm.

chaumi is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Well you only have to worry about Google right...unless you were getting good enough traffic from Bing/Yahoo before.

But on Google you look to have a number of keyword positions in top 100, which implies you don't have any penalties...and also implies (by their positions, nothing better than a 10 that I can see) your pages are just not as strong as those above. Anything not in top 5 then you shouldn't be surprised if it only gets a couple of clicks a month, unless it's good enough to pick up some long tails.

If you've done nothing recently with pages.....and they had better rankings/delivered more traffic before....then it could be as simple as others have improved past you.

Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Thanks

There were two core google updates in June / July. If you had traffic and it has since gone it could be partly due to those updates. If you had an actual penalty you would be wiped from SERPs completely.

eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Thanks

naaa, he just got "out ranked" over the time.

Thanks

Putting aside the fact the site needs some work, it's possible there are some dynamics of the market at play.

Regulation has bought in more eyeballs, and more competition that wants a slice. Those that can't compete there may be looking elsewhere.

So...the offshore opportunities appear to be reducing (don't know for sure, don't have experience of that market, guessing, but logical guesswork probably)....there is more competition for the smaller pie (all be it a large smaller pie). Those already in it have had to step up, those in new (if any) want their own piece.

It's like a perfect storm. Weather it, adapt where you can, improve or disappear, fight. But nature rarely loses, only the strongest would appear to have reasonable chances of keeping the fight up.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

rmeeuwsen (10 October 2021), tufty (9 October 2021)

Thanks

Thanks to everyone, you too een-zoo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy M For This Useful Post:

eenzoo (8 October 2021)

gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

There may be a ton of reasons + remember, daily new competitors appear targeting the same keywords you do, and also old ones don't sleep. SERPS a constantly moving. So if you're not doing anything to keep your rankings, expect to be knocked out.

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 5,014 Posts

I fixed the images eenzoo was having difficulty with.

Let me know if I need to edit further

Rick
    Universal4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

Pokerface (8 October 2021)

Thanks

I guess Ill have to spend some cash, purchase some links and try to update the look; Thanks for the advise everyone, I appreaciate it; and thanks for being honest.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy M For This Useful Post:

universal4 (7 October 2021)

tufty is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Regulation has bought in more eyeballs, and more competition that wants a slice ...the offshore opportunities appear to be reducing ....there is more competition for the smaller pie (all be it a large smaller pie). Those already in it have had to step up, those in new (if any) want their own piece.
    This is very true.

Loads more entrants in this market because of the 'new' regulated operators. These affiliates (or at least their new sites) simply weren't there before. So, yes, it is more competitive.

It seems to me google is favouring the affiliates of regulated sites and if they aren't favouring them now they will be. There could be a point where anyone promoting Bovada automatically ends up behind the regulated affiliates. Their affiliate licenses almost certainly will entitle them to greater authority in this space.

Also, unfortunately, a lot of the new affiliate entrants simply have bigger, better, fresher sites than us old timers promoting unregulated firms.

The other comment in this thread about google core updates over the last two years is very relevant. They have absolutely hammered the old-style sites that have not got genuine authoritative links. EAT (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness) is vital.

Take a look at who is top of google for your search results now and ask yourself can you out-compete them as a one-man band? The answer is probably 'no', unless you are prepared to employ a few people and do it properly. My site used to be near top for some good keywords in this space, not high traffic but very high conversion. Now I'm picking up scraps.

Links are still vital but serious links from proper sites, that do not look bought. Just take a look at the links the top performers in this space have: washington post (and all major media outlets), wiki etc etc etc etc. They have fecking 100s of them. Sure, ultimately palms have been heavily greased but they look genuine and are from some of the very top sites on the internet.

The narrow space you and I target has changed so fecking much in the last couple of years. If you expect to solve your problem buying some sh1tty links from folk on this forum and publishing the odd article on a jaded site, it just isn't going to happen. That used to work in this space, absolutely no chance now. It is terminal: death by a thousand cuts.
    Last edited by tufty; 9 October 2021 at 8:55 am.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tufty For This Useful Post:

chaumi (9 October 2021), rmeeuwsen (10 October 2021)

Thanks

"It seems to me google is favouring the affiliates of regulated sites and if they aren't favouring them now they will be. There could be a point where anyone promoting Bovada automatically ends up behind the regulated affiliates. Their affiliate licenses almost certainly will entitle them to greater authority in this space."

This may well be true. Personally I don't see what G would gain from deliberate manipulation in this aspect. Backhanders would unquestionably not be playing a part, and G's duty is to show the best info.

That last part is most likely the most important.......everyone is getting better. Those that aren't, don't even make it into the SERPs (or if they still do now, there will come a time when they won't). The newer sites know what they're doing, have the manpower to implement it, and seem to have near unlimited financial backing and knowledge of where to use it. That's all they need, those three combined. The rest is 'does Google like what they're doing'.

I'd agree, the time and effort needed for a one man band to compete in a big market is crushing. Not impossible if picking the battles, but damn hard nonetheless. No matter how good you are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

rmeeuwsen (10 October 2021)

tufty is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Personally I don't see what G would gain from deliberate manipulation in this aspect.
    Not deliberate manipulation. More part of their algorithm and EAT. Promoting regulated is more credible than unregulated sites, especially as unregulated means 'illegal' in USA. So promoting legal sites as opposed to illegal sites will favour you in google. It's all part of authority and credibility. The addition of a bone fide license for both regulated affiliates and the operators they promote also puts them steps ahead of unregulated.

So two identical sites in the eyes of google algo. Only difference: one promotes regulated and one promotes unregulated. The former wins every time.

PS: That said, I do foresee a time when affiliates of unregulated sites may be positively discriminated against by google (via the U.S. authorities) and taken out of serps completely.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tufty For This Useful Post:

chaumi (9 October 2021), rmeeuwsen (10 October 2021)

Thanks

Yep, you'd have to think they could implement technically something like this (though I don't know all of the elements that would go into doing that effectively and correctly)...and especially with pressure applied from other parties.