Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Title and H1 Tag Question

    So I recently launched a new site www.onlineunitedstatescasinos.com Obviously it is a EMD site and for the homepage I used the same text for the title and H1 tag.

    Once I ran it through an SEO opimizer it suggested not to have them the same. If they are different and I want "Online United States Casinos" as the most important phrase do you suggest using that phrase as the title or H1 tag? I am assuming the title tag but just wanted to make sure.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    seoexpert is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Location
    Kolkata
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    H1 and Titles are different role in search engine. H1 is the most important which can be never duplicate and not looking spammy.

  3. #3
    lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Posts
    801
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 180 Times in 132 Posts

    Default

    Can't you have a variation of your keywords in your title, and the main keyword as H1? I'd definitely agree H1 was more important for SEO.

  4. #4
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seoexpert View Post
    H1 is the most important
    no it isn't

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (3 April 2013)

  6. #5
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    So I recently launched a new site www.onlineunitedstatescasinos.com Obviously it is a EMD site and for the homepage I used the same text for the title and H1 tag.

    Once I ran it through an SEO opimizer it suggested not to have them the same. If they are different and I want "Online United States Casinos" as the most important phrase do you suggest using that phrase as the title or H1 tag? I am assuming the title tag but just wanted to make sure.
    put the main one in your title (along with other keywords) and then rewrite your H1 to include it but being more descriptive with other keywords in it, on top of my head something like 'Guide to Online United States Casinos and Bonus reviews'

    obviously you will have a better idea of what is needed but you should get the idea

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    lowrisk (3 April 2013)

  8. #6
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    if you are using a wordpress platform there is a plugin that is free called seo ninja. It gives you a score for each blog post and a score for the site as well. The H1 and Title are different, put your keyword in both in my opinion. There also is a wp plugin platnum seo which is good, it does not go as in depth as seo ninja as far as on page opt but it is good.

    I read your source code, there doesnt look like much on page opt on there. Are using a program like dreamweaver to make your site? I do not see any headers in there and your inner pages do not have much on page opt. I would check out a video tuturial of seo ninja even if you dont use it so you understand the how to use, bold, italic, underline, headers, title, pictures, alt text in pictures and a whole host of other things. Good luck with your site.
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  9. #7
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    For that site I used Microsoft Expression Web. There is on page opt, I didnt check the source code and there was a goofy seeting in the program that "optimized" the white space. I removed that setting so you can see the code a lot better now. I dont use bold and underline for SEO. I have read that because so many people have used it incorrectly it has very little effect on SEO so I chose to just keep the page clean instead.

    Thanks for everyones feedback.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  10. #8
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    i checked out the source code for on page opt, its good. the layout is nice as well.
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  11. #9
    casinopowerguide is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    H1 and titles should be a little different, otherwise it can run the risk of looking spammy. It can be a bit difficult especially when doing reviews etc but in theory you can have:
    <title>X casino review - 50 free chips</title>
    ...
    <h1>Review of X casino</h1>

    And the same applies for other sections as long as it looks "natural"

  12. #10
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    I watched a video that had Matt Cutts giving a presentation and he said it is better to use slight different variations of keywords on H1 and Title tags so that you actually target more than one exact match keyword... anyway putting the stats of SEO to one side I have found that a Title that sounds a little crazy like "The Most Awesome US Casinos That You Cant Miss!!!" actually gets a much better click through rate than something very generic like "The Best US Casinos" as it is what searchers first see. There are probably 100 sites that use the generic example above but there are probably zero using the 'crazy' example.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to alexcruncha For This Useful Post:

    Fortune Palace (9 April 2013)

  14. #11
    AceOdds is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    I would put "Online United States Casinos" at the beginning of the title followed by a brief description of the website or tag line. Keeping the main phase near the beginning can help result page click through rate (assuming these are the keywords people are using) and I think google gives extra weight to keywords that appear near the beginning of the title.

    The contents of the h1 should depend on how your page is layed out. If the page already contains these words in a logo or banner they don't need to be repeated again in the h1. A variation on the phase, as others have suggested would be your best bet.
    https://www.signupbonuses.co.uk: New customer bonuses for casino, poker, sport and bingo sites.
    https://www.aceodds.com: Bet calculator for working out accumulator winnings, lucky 15 bets and more. Also try the android app.

  15. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the recommendation on the seo ninja, I usually use all-in-one so I will take the time to look at the other.

    Good point Alexcruncha, I have noticed that somewhat also, but not quite to the degree you mentioned, but I will keep this in mind while researching from now on.

    Great discussion everyone.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    alexcruncha (9 April 2013), edgarf76 (9 April 2013)

  17. #13
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 137 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    I tend to think in terms of the Title having to grab attention in the SERPS and the H1 grabbing attention on the page.

    It's not a hard and fast rule, but it certainly fits in with what Alexcruncha says.
    Andy

    fortunepalace.co.uk - Fortune Palace | Online Casino Strategy Guide

    Fortune Palace on Twitter
    Fortune Palace's YouTube channel

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune Palace For This Useful Post:

    alexcruncha (10 April 2013)

  19. #14
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    The more natural look you have n the site the most Google and other search engines rank you. Got it mate ? Do not copy exactly the same but use synonym and accronym words as well...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •