Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default Google and all Rivals down? (Central FL Only)

    No not really, but late Christmas eve I thought this to be the case.

    For some unknown reason I started noticing slower and slower response time from searches performed at google and I assumed it was due to excess internet traffic.

    But then starting Christmas morning these slow downs turned into almost no response at all when performing a search. and sometimes the google home page doesn't even load.

    In addition to that I noticed I was also having trouble getting in to any Rival affiliate backend. In some cases their home page would load and some of them it didn't.

    I thought I was having a broiwser issue, so I also tried Firefox, Opera and Safari for Windows all with the same result.

    So then I tried another computer, same reults from it using IE, Firefox and Opera.

    So then I tried the computer in the garage as well, all the same results.

    As a test to see if the sites had trouble or if it was my connection, I terminaled into one of my servers, and voila, I can log in to every single Rival I have tried so far.

    Now the difficult part will be to get someone at Road Runner to actually listen to me. They actually do have my account flagged and often will elevate any tech call I make to a level 2 tech fairly easily as I have helped them discover and trace issues to routers etc when there are problems....but this is one that will be extremly difficult to explain.

    Have any Rival managers had complaints from affiliates that are having trouble logging in?

    The following is an example only and as a disclaimer, this issue IS related to my service provider and NOT due to issues on Rival's end.

    Superior Casino: The casino home page loads fine, the affiliate site home page loads fine, but I can't log in. If I try from one of my servers on a different backbone, no problem logging in.

    Slotocash: The casino home page loads fine, the affiliate site never loads. If I try from one of my servers, no issues logging in whatsoever.

    Every single Rival group I promote produces one of the 2 above scenarios....

    Any ideas??

    Rick
    Universal4

    Disclaimer: For anyone that had read this far, I know what you are thinking....another one of Rick's hairbrained ideas or theories....lol
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Here is some additional tech info for those who are wondering.

    affiliates.slotocash.com
    200.124.131.116
    tracert dies at 216.152.160.33
    ===========
    affiliates.slotsoffortune.com
    200.124.131.116
    same results as slotocash
    ===========
    affiliates.lionslots.com
    200.124.131.116
    same results as slotocash
    ===========
    affil-adm.rubyroyal.com
    200.124.131.116
    same results as slotocash
    ===========
    www.igamingprofits.com
    200.124.131.116
    same results as slotocash
    ===========
    www.400affiliates.com
    200.124.131.116
    same results as slotocash
    ===========
    affiliate.simonsayscasino.com
    200.124.144.253
    tracert dies at 216.152.160.49
    ===========
    regalaffiliates.com
    200.124.144.253
    Works fine the only one that does
    ===========
    Pantasia loads but no authentication
    Superior loads but no authentication
    First Gaming Partners loads but no authentication

    If a port on a big iron or a router is starting to have intermittant issues, or if a number of rival managers start hearing increasing problems with affiliates accessing their systems, get in contact with me and I can provide trace route results to help determine what is happening.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  4. #3
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    OK....this gets even more strange.

    Performing tracert's from my servers produce the exact same results....

    I can get in from the servers.

    Looks like my ip at home is blocked.

    Maybe a firewall autoblocked it because I perform many requests at once?

    I do have a habit of hitting all the Rival's at once, but rarely have more than 3 or 4 tabs open at Rival's stats at once....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Oh yeah, I forgot, Casino Blasters affiliate site won't load either...which is even more strange.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  6. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Interesting to note also,

    I can read and respond to posts here, but 2 things never load....

    ...anything that comes from ads.casinocity.com

    I can reach the GPWA website, the Casino City home site as well as online.casinocity but in each case if a banner comes from ads. it never comes in.

    For those that do not know, that's where the top and bottom 468x60 comes from here.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  7. #6
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Odd rick. I just tried sloto and superior and i can get in to my stats. I can also see banner ads here.

  8. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Well after about a half hour on hold waiting for Road Runner tech support, they confirmed that they are having issues in almost all of Central Florida.

    Some customers have no internet, some have limited internet, some are really slow, and some have internet but DNS isn't working which means most websites won't work but email does.....lol

    I was pretty pleased the first tech I talked to understood what I explained and wasn't surprised that tracert's worked even when sites didn't.

    Hopefully this will clear today as they said they were getting to the bottom of what servers and routers were affected.

    I will edit the thread heading since it appears to be just this area.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  9. #8
    RayUK's Avatar
    RayUK is offline In Memorian, 1964-2016
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 75 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    Maybe Wile E Coyote finally caught up with them and ate them.

    Seriously hope you get it back soon, I know I get instant withdrawal symptoms when the internet goes down, can't get anything done in this biz without it.
    Ray
    Fun Bingo Online Facebook Twitter

    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

  10. #9
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    I can't even access my own damn sites properly....Grrrrrr...

    I added a host entry to the site I am working on today and that helps some, but only to a degree.....and getting banners for rivals is nearly impossible....

    Sure I can remote into a server, find and download the banners needed and then email then to myself and then....

    ....if I ain't got it already it aint getting added....LOL

    ....not today anyway.....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  11. #10
    dhayman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Time for a new ISP provider !!

  12. #11
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    The issues in Central FL still exist today and Road Runner has no idea how long repairs will take.....yesterday they estimated 6 hours....but when I called from a friends a few hours later using his account details they estimated 6 hours....lol....they must be in deep dodo since now they won't speculate....

    I have not confirmed this yet, but I do NOT think that Rival players in this area can play.

    Last night I tried to play at Pantasia and kept getting a network error when trying to load the software.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  13. #12
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    The issues in Central FL still exist today and Road Runner has no idea how long repairs will take.....yesterday they estimated 6 hours....but when I called from a friends a few hours later using his account details they estimated 6 hours....lol....they must be in deep dodo since now they won't speculate....

    I have not confirmed this yet, but I do NOT think that Rival players in this area can play.

    Last night I tried to play at Pantasia and kept getting a network error when trying to load the software.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Might be a great time to take a few days off. Go see Mickey Mouse and forget the internet for a bit and when you get back... you'll be refreshed, chomping at the bit and have a shiny new internet connection.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  14. #13
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    You are just trying to keep me out of the AffStorm thread.....I can see right through you.....LOL

    I caught how you told me to take a FEW DAYS off......LOL

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •