Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Wordpress 3.5 problems

    I've just started setting up a new site on wordpress 3.5 and I've noticed that a lot of the admin functions aren't working.

    These include:

    * The 'add media' button isn't working in the editor
    * The widget arranger doesnt do anything (can't move any of the widgets or add/delete any)
    * The wordcount isn't working in the editor
    * The add link function isn't working in the editor
    * I can't switch to html in the editor

    etc...

    All of these are javascript related, right?

    Just out of curiosity I went onto another of my wordpress sites that's also using 3.5 and I have the same problems (although hadn't noticed as it had just been updated without me adding anything else to it).

    So is it a problem with the latest wordpress version and is anyone else having issues?

    Any suggestions on solutions/workarounds?

  2. #2
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Just to add... I'm using the flytonic framework, but these problems were also there straight out of the box before I changed anything on the site.

  3. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Nevermind... I just needed to update the theme to the latest one that had had some fixes done to it.

    What's weird though is that I had the same problem with the default wordpress theme, so I'm not really sure what happened. It's working now so I'm happy!

  4. #4
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I was about to say that it might be your theme because I've updated and I'm able to do all those things you listed with no issues.

    Glad to see you got it fixed
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    baldidiot (21 January 2013)

  6. #5
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Hey Baldy... how many wordpress sites are you using these days?

  7. #6
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    I had the problems you described and it was about the custom jQuery. As soon as got rid of the include in one of the files of one of the plugins it was all fixed .

  8. #7
    oc+'s Avatar
    oc+
    oc+ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Posts
    412
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    I had the problems you described and it was about the custom jQuery. As soon as got rid of the include in one of the files of one of the plugins it was all fixed .
    Nice to see you back xecutable.

  9. #8
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Thanks

  10. #9
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,678
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    114 wordpress sites here ,decided to finally do some upgrading as I was on 2.2 on many .So far so good!

  11. #10
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Glad you posted. I couldnt use the media upload either on my one site so I didnt update the rest of my sites. Will try the fixes above.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  12. #11
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rak View Post
    Hey Baldy... how many wordpress sites are you using these days?
    Wordpress?... Erm, not sure - that's probably not a good sign is it. I guess it depends what you classify as a site.

    I still use joomla for anything more complicated or bigger than a mini site though.

  13. #12
    joert is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinobonusguy View Post
    114 wordpress sites here ,decided to finally do some upgrading as I was on 2.2 on many .So far so good!
    114! sweet jesus, i have my hands full with two

  14. #13
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,678
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •