I have a couple of question that I was wondering about for some time now.
1. I recall maybe a couple of years back from somewhere its a good idea to add a "no follow" to any subdomain on your site.
On the one hand this to me doesn't sound right since your telling Google not to trust the page your linking to. Yet on the other hand my feeling is you would be leaking page rank to the subdomain (which could be seen from google as passing PR to another site even if its your own).
Is there any well verse people in this are able to explain the pros and cons?
2. In Webmaster tools - there is a section you can target certain countries for visitors. By default when I go in there I see United States which I assume means google.com.
By changing your visitors to say UK (google.co.uk) does this pose an issue with still getting any visitors from the USA and being listed in Google on Google.com ?
Should one just keep it on the USA option - or trial and test other countries?
In our case - our IPS are Canadian and were listed ok in Canada - but not the best in European search engines - would altering the section hurt the CAD/USA traffic?
Just a couple questions I been wondering about.
Steve


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks

Reply With Quote


