Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tipstertables is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default 138, 12Bet, Fun88 and TLC Refusing Post-Cheltenham Withdrawals And Closing Accounts

It's looking like the number of accounts scammed by these sites is well into 4 figures. Article posted by the mirror a short while ago: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/horse-...olding-7669877

If you currently promote them, it may be worth reconsidering!
    Last edited by tipstertables; 1 April 2016 at 12:23 pm.
    Tipster Tables - Find profitable betting tipsters using tipster statistics.
    Betting Exchanges Explained - Beginners guide to betting exchanges.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tipstertables For This Useful Post:

TheGooner (1 April 2016)

colin3005 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I was just coming on here to say about these, I have some customers affected by this, 4 figure amounts, who definitely haven't done any bonus abuse.

For what its worth, the tracking was dodgy too for affiliates, not that I can see anyone getting paid anyway.

Thanks

Uggh, that sucks.

It would appear that their idea of bonus abuse in this case was simply taking part in the Cheltenham offer they were actively promoting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tipstertables View Post
    Uggh, that sucks.

It would appear that their idea of bonus abuse in this case was simply taking part in the Cheltenham offer they were actively promoting.
    That most certainly seems to be the case.

Thanks

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,278 Times in 5,243 Posts

Thanks for the link colin,

I added the following link was added since the above link may not show the appropriate kink once more news stories are posted

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-...unds-1-7829596

Rick
    Universal4

Thanks

Thanks Rick, didn't realise I had linked to the homepage

JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Interesting thread here on the topic from actual players http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...234662&page=34

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 840 Posts

Feel sorry for those players, these things are no good for our industry. I don't promote any of those bookies, but the fact that 3 of them sponsor Premier League clubs surely does build a sense of trust from the punters and people don't expect to be ripped off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

TheGooner (1 April 2016)

Thanks

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 2,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    Feel sorry for those players, these things are no good for our industry. I don't promote any of those bookies, but the fact that 3 of them sponsor Premier League clubs surely does build a sense of trust from the punters and people don't expect to be ripped off.
    Indeed! These guys never got past our initial checks though - despite the sponsorships.
    There was no way they were ever a top tier destination but I didn't think they were rogue.

It will be intersting to see the affiliate reaction - you would hope that they were dropped quickly and not promoted as an option.

New Wall of Shame = 138.com, 12Bet, Fun88.co.uk and TLCbet
    Last edited by TheGooner; 1 April 2016 at 4:54 pm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Indeed! These guys never got past our initial checks though - despite the sponsorships.
    There was no way they were ever a top tier destination.

It will be intersting to see the affiliate reaction - you would hope that they were dropped quickly and not promoted as an option.

New Wall of Shame = 138.com, 12Bet, Fun88.co.uk and TLCbet
    Well they will never get another customer from me thats for sure, the thread on my forum will ensure that even if I did want to run their ad's!

justbookies is offline Private Member
    Thanks

The stories about these crooked bookmakers are spreading in mainstream press:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-accounts.html

Hope IOM and Gambling Commission move immediately to suspend their betting licences.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to justbookies For This Useful Post:

TheGooner (1 April 2016)

Thanks

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-...ival-1-7830189

Statement from them, funny how I haven't seen a single report of someone losing then getting an email stating they will be be refunded.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to colin3005 For This Useful Post:

justbookies (3 April 2016)

justbookies is offline Private Member
    Thanks

There will always be bookies who will never learn that honesty makes them more money than dishonesty.

These guys have been caught with their hand in the till and still they try to worm out of it.

Thanks

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live....524&category=0

racing post today

Statement from CEO

Today [Saturday] Garth Kimber , chief executive officer of TGP Holdings Ltd said: ‘In response to speculation and comments on forums and in the press about certain brands TGP Europe Ltd would like to clarify our actions.

‘Following unprecedented volumes and unusual activities during the Cheltenham racing festival the company has followed our regulator approved procedures and terms and conditions and reviewed activity deemed suspicious.
    ‘All payments were processed for accounts not deemed to be under investigation and additionally all payments have now been processed for those accounts reviewed and found not to have been in breach of our terms and conditions.
    ‘For those accounts where the terms and conditions have been breached, account holders have been informed, the company has processed a refund of deposits, voided all bets (winning and losing) and closed the accounts.
    ‘The relevant authorities were informed of our concerns and subsequent investigation and we are in the process of sharing full details of the activities found to have taken place.
    ‘The company regrets the time taken and effects on genuine players but is committed to upholding both our own and the industry’s integrity.’
    Mr Kimber said he could not comment further at this stage.
    The Isle of Man’s Gambling Supervision Commission issued a short statement at 5pm yesterday (Friday).
    It read: ‘I can confirm that the Gambling Supervision Commission is aware of the matter, however it is standard policy for the Gambling Supervision Commission not to comment on regulatory or compliance matters relating to its licensed operators.’
    It is also understood gambling authorities in the UK have been made aware of the situation.

MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Doing our small part to get the word out: http://www.onlinebettingsites.com/fo...sing-accounts/

And to think we were just about to consider looking into giving 138.com a small amount of exposure. Have never will never promote any of these brands as it sits.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MJM For This Useful Post:

colin3005 (4 April 2016)

Thanks

Has anyone who was promoting these had any issues with tracking?
    Not that anyone will be able to promote them again after this publicity, but before it hit the headlines I had concerns, i had a few players contact me to ask if I knew they were ok, all who said they signed up though my links, yet I don't have a single player showing as registered on Fun88, and TLC none of the user names I've been are showing as sign ups either.

I've spoken to income access about it and getting completely different stories. They've said possibly they were credited to another affiliate on a first click basis, then specifically stated they tested my tracking links and they weren't working, then when I chased him up today said he just assumed I was right when I said it wasn't correct but they have tested it again and its working fine.

Doesn't sit right with me at all, the link is either working or it isn't.

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

notice gpwa have been silent again

Thanks

one of my members got this this morning

Dear Customer,

TGP Europe the operator of our UK brand, as you may well be aware, had huge issues triggered by their systems picking up a number of incidents including widespread 'bonus abuse' by customers opening multiple accounts and claiming bonuses.
    In our attempt to protect the integrity of the players, brand and business, many genuine, and now understandably aggrieved customers got caught up in the process as we attempted to deal with the problems.
    We sincerely apologise, both for this error and for the time taken to investigate and to correct the position, and your winnings have been paid in full.
    Your account has been reactivated and has had the prior adjustment reversed. Your funds are now available if you wish to commence the withdrawal process.

Yours Sincerely,
    Fun88 on behalf of TGP Europe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast