Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    superme is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default USA gambling questions

    Hey guys, trying to figure out how to do it a bit more legal with our USA sites so I have few questions, I hope some of you good souls will be that good to help out with answers or at least links to read from:
    1. Which states do you ban to visit your site until you get a valid license/vendor registration - talking casino traffic?
    2. From what I understood only NJ issues something like a vendor registration which shall be filed by the Casino operator and then we need to fill additional form? Is that correct or I read it wrong, and how did you agree the operator to submit a form for you? Been reading here: https://www.nj.gov/oag/ge/sils_licensing.htm
    3. Are there any other states that affiliates have to register/license?
    4. Sports betting - which states do you legally promote atm ? Do we need a license/registration as affiliates for sports too?
    To be honest it is a huge mess so really will appreciate anyone that clear our the situation
    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Some background
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/pennsylva...es-246597.html
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/gambling-...es-220041.html
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/new-jerse...da-245603.html
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/oddsshark...es-247507.html
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/nevada-ca...ia-244806.html

    Honestly the way you asked the question, it appears you plan on changing and promoting whoever you want after you get approved, which won't work.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    superme is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the links... should have used search better I guess.
    Actually no, plan is to promote only regulated brands in certain states and overall I would prefer to have more regulated sites rather than promoting anyone..
    Question then is can I promote with 1 site say regulated brands for the states where there is regulation and offshore brands for the rest or this way I risk my vendor license?

  4. #4
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Here is some information regarding promoting in NJ: https://www.gpwa.org/article.asp?id=229505
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (28 March 2019)

  6. #5
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superme View Post
    Thanks for the links... should have used search better I guess.
    Actually no, plan is to promote only regulated brands in certain states and overall I would prefer to have more regulated sites rather than promoting anyone..
    Question then is can I promote with 1 site say regulated brands for the states where there is regulation and offshore brands for the rest or this way I risk my vendor license?
    You are risking everything, but how much is hard to say.
    US brands push it to the level, that they threaten even brands in Europe for promoting in NJ brands they do not like. It is absurd, but power is power.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  7. #6
    GG-US is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superme View Post
    Question then is can I promote with 1 site say regulated brands for the states where there is regulation and offshore brands for the rest or this way I risk my vendor license?
    No, the licensed brands will tell you to stop before the gambling regulator tells you to stop. Either way, you cant do that. Go with one or the other and see which wins over time.

  8. #7
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,906
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 769 Posts

    Default

    Actually, I don't believe in a fully regulated market in the near future.

    The bigger companies like Catena or Gambling.com making a lot of noise regarding her US traffic and market shares and betting on an as wide as possible regulation. Because they can`t go the other path. But where/what they can promote right now? Social casinos (mooah), NJ casino/sports, and a bit of horse racing. I don't want and I don't need to compete with them in a single (or 2 or 3 or 4) state.

    I stick with the dark side of the market as long as possible and when the majority of my traffic comes from regulated states I can switch any listed operator, banner, link or cta with ease via CMS.

  9. #8
    superme is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Thanks to everyone for the input.
    Well plan for me is to run dark and white verticals with separate sites, guess that is the only choice. I believe in regulated markets future and talking 5-10-15 years scope, governments will try to tax those money and pretty sure even Asia will follow up soon as I see some movement there as well.
    Is anyone more closely monitoring how many states in the next 2-3 years will allow online casino and betting?

  10. #9
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,906
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 769 Posts

    Default

    If you have such plans you should keep an eye on your competition. they run pretty updated info on that

    playusa.com/us/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •