Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default asking for a passport for bonuses

    I am adding some no deposit poker bonuses and noticed that one poker site asks for a player to provide their passport information in order to receive the free poker chip. Am I the only one that thinks this is going a bit too far? In today's world I don't think players should be giving away information like that.
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  2. #2
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Hi Pumacat

    I know fo two very large affiliates that compete ID checks on players prior to them getting a NDB i think it is excellent to be cautious, if you think NDB it is so open to fraud why risk your earning.

    That beening said a NDB bonus is very hard to make good money on.

    Good luck.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by pumacat View Post
    I am adding some no deposit poker bonuses and noticed that one poker site asks for a player to provide their passport information in order to receive the free poker chip. Am I the only one that thinks this is going a bit too far? In today's world I don't think players should be giving away information like that.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    I agree with validating a player prior to a NDB is a good thing. I recall all the fraud that occurs with no deposit bonuses and how players will nearly crawl naked through shards of glass for $3 and try everything to circumvent (and cheat) the system.

    Asking for a passport though is rather over the top though. A photo ID and copy of a utility bill should suffice. There are many players that do not have a passport, especially in the US as you can go anywhere in the states and up til last year, Canada without a passport. I did not have a passport until 2008 and my wife just this past year and we are both around 50.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    jctroy440's Avatar
    jctroy440 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Cancun, Mexico
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 58 Times in 46 Posts

    Default Not really

    The hardest document to forge is a passport and can be readily checked. I even make note of that on one of the pages of my web site that even if a gambler doesn't travel its a good idea to have one to prove your identity to withdraw your winnings.

    Overseas casinos will accept a passport before anything else when it comes to identification. Make sure your address is current though.

    I have had plenty of dealings with offshore banks and the quickest way in the door is with a passport
    Jimmie T

    And God said he would make kind and obedient women for all men and spread them to the four corners of the Earth.
    Then he made the world round and laughed his A** off.

    www.joinsportsnetwork.com

    www.bestcasinoonlinenow.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •