Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Avatars wanted!

  1. #21
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Great to see more avatars popping up.

    Love the Kitty-Kat, katsmeownvista - very raunchy!!

  2. #22
    GPWA Ryan is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Dorchester, MA USA
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default WagerX

    Awesome stuff. I can't wait to use you or kitty kat for some future "featured" threads.

  3. #23
    GPWA Ryan is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Dorchester, MA USA
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Or if you have to cheer for state Mr. Vin...

    <TABLE cellPadding=2 bgColor=#336633 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellPadding=0 border=2><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#ffcc00>Michigan State Spartans</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellPadding=2 bgColor=#336633 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><TABLE cellPadding=0 border=2><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle bgColor=#ffcc00>Michigan State Spartans</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

  4. #24
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default I like, I like

    Thanks Mojo!. These are good ones. I also like the reporter one you posted too. I almost resized that one and used it right away. But there was something just too manic about him. The Michigan State ones are sorely tempting Mr. Mclane. Keep them coming folks. I'd like to see a few more before I pick one.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    K vin, here is a couple. Ones a camera lens and ones a jedi but I didn't find a jedi holding a camera lol.





    I hope to see lots more posted here before you decide. Good luck!
    PS -- A jedi holding a camera would be hilarious!!

  5. #25
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default Rebuttal

    1. I can't help it if I recognize a good shot before the ESPN cameras....
    2. Why does WEEI have a Red Sox Wednesday? Isn't every day a Red Sox day???
    3. That's 100% accurate. No argument there.
    4. What Ryan fails to mention is that he and snooptodd would look at my cards after EVERY hand and say the following: "My god those cards sucked. You couldn't have played it any better." Then they'd thank their lucky stars they weren't getting my cards.
    5. Yep. Once again, 100% accurate. Did I mention that I don't sleep when I'm in Vegas....
    6. Petty jealousy. You just wish you had a good Division 1 school to cheer for.

    Quote Originally Posted by McLane39 View Post
    To help with this fun quest...here are some more Vin stories...

    1.) Vin managed to incite the wrath of more than a few ESPN camera men at the 2007 World Series of Poker with his wandering elbows and his desire to get the right picture...no matter who was already taking it.

    2.) Vin horrified me on his first day on the job by informing me that he was NOT a red sox/patriots fan and that he cheered for most of the Detroit teams! The horror!

    3.) Vin brought a sleeping bag to the GPWA offices on the publication night of the first GPWA magazine. He ended up staying up for more than 36 hours proofing the thing and was a Zombie at the end of, sputtering imcomprehensible statements about sports and the nature of news.

    4.) Vin has never won a string of hands in our regular office chinese poker hand, blaming the whole thing on bad cards.

    5.) In his interview for the current position - Vin told each of the interviewees that he considered his trip to Las Vegas for yearly blackjack fun was essential and non-negotiable.

    6.) Vin forces his poor daughter to watch every Michigan State game that is on national television, giving her no chance to cheer for a team that is actually good.

  6. #26
    GPWA Ryan is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Dorchester, MA USA
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Monkeys playing chinese poker?

    Seriously Mojo...

    That avatar of the three monkeys looks just like me, vinism and snooptodd playing Chinese poker during lunch hours (or when no one here at Casino City is looking).

    The one on the right is clearly snooptodd, who is an expert of sorts on chinese poker, constantly pointing out the flaws in our logic. Yet if you ask the Tood-ster, he will tell you who is king when there's something on the line, like my office cube, which i got to select after winning a best of three match.

    The middle one is Vin...who never wins...ever.

  7. #27
    GPWA Aaron is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Needham, MA
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 144 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I'm still waiting for the World Series of Poker to resurrect the Chinese Poker championship ...

  8. #28
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    I had no idea what Chinese Poker was so I had to look and found this..

    There is a large element of luck involved, therefore a beginner has a good chance of winning in the short term, even against experienced opponents. Poor players may not be so easily deterred by losses as they can more easily attribute bad results to their cards rather than their plays.
    Looks like fun with three hands and a "scoop". If you lose all three, merely quote the above.

    I recommend getting one of your photoshop whizzes to fix up the monkies for a championship prize to hang in the office (of course never on company time).

  9. #29
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Just throwing out the possibility as Kermit The Frog (in reporter garb) as a possible avatar...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  10. #30
    katsmeownvista's Avatar
    katsmeownvista is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    LOL....you guys are cracking me up!

    Kat

  11. #31
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Children, chess, photography & Michigan State... here's my attempt


    Full pic...



    100X100 version...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post:

    vinism (4 September 2007)

  13. #32
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default



    This one is a long shot, but I'd thought I'd throw this one in the list. .lol..

    What can I say? I just like monkeys.

    Cheers!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to LiveCasinoPartners For This Useful Post:

    vinism (4 September 2007)

  15. #33
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Very nice work Shane!! I love it. And that's a nice monkey WagerX. One of my favorite trinkets is the hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil monkeys. They're so cool. All right, I'm putting this up for a vote on Friday, so if there are any more avatar possibilities out there, please submit them this week.

    Thanks.

    Vin

  16. #34
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WagerX View Post


    This one is a long shot, but I'd thought I'd throw this one in the list. .lol..

    What can I say? I just like monkeys.

    Cheers!
    LOL - nice one

  17. #35
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Nice ones!

    Here's one last one for you vin..



    I love this guy lol.

    Tough choices vin, good luck.

  18. #36
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    I have a new avatar!

    For some background on it...
    I play a live action role-playing game called Dragon Crest, something like Dungeons and Dragons or World of Warcraft, except not on the computer or around the table rolling dice. Instead, we rent out a camp site for the weekend, dress up in customes and armor, and fight one another with foam weapons (and throwing cloth packets full of bird seed at one another to represent magical spells). It is loads of fun, and with all the combat and occassional running for our lives, some good exercise.

    My character is Jann, a creature made of the elements, which is why I have the face paint on. You can't tell from the photo, but the green cloth over my shift is actually filled with metal places to represent bridagine armor. The avatar is part of a group photo of all the people who play the Jann elemental characters.

    With my mace and shield in hand, I hope I am prepared to defend the GPWA city against blackhats and content thieves.
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  19. #37
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Nice avatar CityGuard!! Here are the finalists in my avatar search. You can vote on which one I should use here. Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread and search. I've enjoyed every moment.

    Vin
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by vinism; 7 September 2007 at 1:24 pm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •