Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default Best way to avoid the flu.

    Now this is advice I can live with...particularly the suggestions towards the end!

    To stay healthy and avoid the flu...

    Eat right!

    Make sure you get your daily dose of fruit and veggies.

    Take your vitamins and bump up your vitamin C.

    Get plenty of exercise because it builds your immune system.

    Walk for at least an hour a day, go for a swim, take the stairs instead of the lift, etc.

    Wash your hands often. If you can't, keep a bottle of antibacterial stuff around.

    Get lots of fresh air. Open doors & windows whenever possible.

    Try to eliminate as much stress from your life as you can.

    Get plenty of rest.

    OR...

    Take the doctor's approach. Think about it...

    When you go for a flu jab, what do they do first?

    They clean your arm with alcohol...

    Why?

    Because Alcohol KILLS GERMS.

    So...

    I walk to the pub. (exercise)

    I put lime in my vodka...(fruit)

    Celery in my Bloody Mary (veggies)

    Drink outdoors on the patio..(fresh air)

    Tell rude jokes and laugh....(eliminate stress)

    Then I pass out. (rest)


    The way I see it...

    If you keep your alcohol levels up, flu germs can't get you!

    As my grandmother always said, 'A shot in the glass is better than one in the ass!'



    Live Well - Laugh Often - Love Much
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  2. #2
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Clean Livin'
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •