Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    onlinemediadirect's Avatar
    onlinemediadirect is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    Rossendale
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Black or White background

    I have the option of having a black or white background to a new site I am having designed and want to know what your opinions were on black ?

    Always seems to me that black sites never work ? Is this true and should I go for white.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    That is really personal preference....

    I usually do not like sites with dark or black backgrounds, but I have seen some that I do....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. #3
    onlinemediadirect's Avatar
    onlinemediadirect is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    Rossendale
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default white ?

    If you look over the nets major players -

    Google, yahoo, facebook and other successful sites they all have one thing in common a white background.

    I want to try a black background but I dont think it will work.

  4. #4
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Black is really hard on people with vision problems. It doesn't seem to matter what text color you use, it's difficult for some peeps to focus for long periods of time when faced with a black background.

    White is much safer and more user friendly even though it may not look so dramatic or cool.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  5. #5
    Paolino's Avatar
    Paolino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Posts
    2,594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    264
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Use light and bright backgrounds, the black communicates a sort of negativity and bad moods. And white is more professional... would you like google or the bbc sites with a black background?
    -----------------------------------------
    Paolo

    Online Gambling Guide - casinoimpact.com.
    I sell Cheap Web Hosting.

  6. #6
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    black is a color so it slows things down also...as always, depends on site.
    "CasinoJack"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •