Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default Blog Commenting - thoughts?

    Part of my SEO strategy is blog commenting. I get over 100 new links a day doing this. I noted in the GPWA private members agreement that blog spamming is not allowed.

    Kind of curious what you feel is spam, not spam, do you do this, do you not, and reasons why.

    Of course, I just did a video tutorial, and was going to post it here, but want to know if I would be lynched first or not
    "CasinoJack"


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to casinojack For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Professor's Avatar
    Professor is offline In Memoriam, 1963-2010
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Posts
    2,289
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    There will be a few cries of indignation, but the majority of people are interested in the topic even if they choose not to employ this type of promotion.

  4. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    What kind of comments are you making? Are they clearly out and out spam or are you adding value to the blog post?

  5. #4
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    What kind of comments are you making? Are they clearly out and out spam or are you adding value to the blog post?
    At this point I would rather not discuss my methods, and am looking for feedback such as yours.

    "Adding value" seems to be a terms I think many feel means the comment would be ok.

    I am not trying to put words in your mouth, btw, just making an observation.
    "CasinoJack"


  6. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    At this point I would rather not discuss my methods, and am looking for feedback such as yours.

    "Adding value" seems to be a terms I think many feel means the comment would be ok.

    I am not trying to put words in your mouth, btw, just making an observation.
    In my personal opinion if you are enhancing the blog post and not just finding any old excuse to post, then it's legitimate.

    For example: if there was a post on a poker players blog complaining that their credit card kept being declined and you made a comment which helped explain why this was happening and then had a link back to an article on your site which elaborated on the topic, then I see this as acceptable.

    Anything less is probably a bit spammy.

  7. #6
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    In my personal opinion if you are enhancing the blog post and not just finding any old excuse to post, then it's legitimate.

    For example: if there was a post on a poker players blog complaining that their credit card kept being declined and you made a comment which helped explain why this was happening and then had a link back to an article on your site which elaborated on the topic, then I see this as acceptable.

    Anything less is probably a bit spammy.
    +1
    I delete most spam comments out of hand but will leave a comment with link intact if the person spent more than ten seconds making the post and I think it makes a legitimate point.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  8. #7
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Is it a comment to the blog relevant?

    I wouldn't mind seeing the video you created.

    Then I can tell you if it's too spammy.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  9. #8
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    The video is just how to find blogs that are indexed that allow any comment you want.

    My 2 cents is it is up to the owner. If you go to a page and see the any goes happening join in, If not, respect it and read the post and make a pertinent comment.
    "CasinoJack"


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to casinojack For This Useful Post:

    thepokerkeep (25 June 2010)

  11. #9
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    UPDATE:

    Just did some research this am for the top 3 for the term "online casino". Very interesting as I see many are using a similar start as mine,t hat being finding good blogs you can post on.

    Also noted the "exploits" of blogspot and .edu domains..these dominas sure matter a lot to google...

    I will show anthony later what I was thinking and get his input before releasing.
    "CasinoJack"


  12. #10
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    Part of my SEO strategy is blog commenting. I get over 100 new links a day doing this.
    100 links a day?

    Probably, you're not adding value - you are just spamming blogs with generic posts and a link?
    But then if that was true then why would the blog owner leave it there?

    Tending towards thinking it is spam - but who knows - you might be a really fast and insightful thinker and typer !

  13. #11
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    @gooner

    To clarify, I have 2 full timers doing this, they each get about 50 a day. not me personally...

    I consider my method ok, as I am eliminating 90- 99% of those who do NOT want my type of links, or comments.
    "CasinoJack"


  14. #12
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    You can do this and not be spam. A wile ago I hired a guy to leave thought provoking comments on blogs. He would read, investigate and contribute to each blog post. He would even get links on pages already with PR. He was really good. I went over each post when he gave me the lists and was impressed with the quality. No one ever claimed this was spam. There were some who wouldn't publish simply because of the anchor text, but most thought it was worth the extra quality content on their sites.

    So, sure Jack. If you have any ideas please share or PM em. lol. I would like to know some new techniques, even if I may not use them. I would for one would be greatful. You've given me some great ideas in the past that I use today that are 100% acceptable. If you do talk more about SEO on another forum please let me know which one.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to LiveCasinoPartners For This Useful Post:

    casinojack (28 June 2010)

  16. #13
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Yeah im on a few others,a dn this forum is much more conservative. I just don't want to post things to start fights or name calling, but definite to lend a point of view to things...

    Hopefully will have time with Anthony today or tomorrow.

    PS, I dont like to to mention forums on other forums, maybe I am too old but used to be not cool...

    TBH most of my time is on an IRC channel, PM if you want more info...
    "CasinoJack"


  17. #14
    clearlyportals is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Could you confirm if these pages that you are commenting on are relevant or not?

    If they are not relevant than I find it hard that they cannot be spammy?

    If you comment on something that is not gambling related, but leave a link with keyword text that is gambling related, then even if your comment isn't spammy, your link kind of is right?

  18. #15
    oc+'s Avatar
    oc+
    oc+ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Posts
    412
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I don't believe the big search engines pay that much attention to blog commenting as it's something anyone can do and you can do as many as you like. Are you finding it beneficial? Are you on page 1 of google under any big keywords? If you find you are not getting anywhere after making these blog comments then you may want to look at a different approach.

  19. #16
    machutch's Avatar
    machutch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    netherland
    Posts
    57
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    i did a little experiment with an innerpage of our site and i only promoted it with blogposts and it is now on page one for the niche keyword. Before the blogposts it was on the 5 page of google. I did only serious blogpost not some spammy post like "nice article" so it works. But to get a natural linkbuild you also need blogpost comments i think. So i do it but only on relevant on topic blogs and to get a very natural link profile. (do follow and no follow btw)
    Best Regards Erik Hutchison

    Online Wedden, De Belgische en Nederlandse tip site voor wedden op voetbal.

  20. #17
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clearlyportals View Post
    Could you confirm if these pages that you are commenting on are relevant or not?

    If they are not relevant than I find it hard that they cannot be spammy?

    If you comment on something that is not gambling related, but leave a link with keyword text that is gambling related, then even if your comment isn't spammy, your link kind of is right?
    This is up to interpretation I guess. Againm just the fact i am trying to move up my site in the rankings breaks Google TOS. I have seen natural growth on other sites though from sites that do not appear to be revelant, but I get links anyways. I think this looks natural.

    Quote Originally Posted by oc+ View Post
    I don't believe the big search engines pay that much attention to blog commenting as it's something anyone can do and you can do as many as you like. Are you finding it beneficial? Are you on page 1 of google under any big keywords? If you find you are not getting anywhere after making these blog comments then you may want to look at a different approach.
    I am moving up Very quickly and currently number 3 for a keyword that has over 500,000 results in quotes. I am also number 5 for a key phrase with 1.5 million results. Moving up, but not to fast....

    Quote Originally Posted by machutch View Post
    i did a little experiment with an innerpage of our site and i only promoted it with blogposts and it is now on page one for the niche keyword. Before the blogposts it was on the 5 page of google. I did only serious blogpost not some spammy post like "nice article" so it works. But to get a natural linkbuild you also need blogpost comments i think. So i do it but only on relevant on topic blogs and to get a very natural link profile. (do follow and no follow btw)
    Agree, you need them both.
    "CasinoJack"


  21. #18
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    If you are leaving comments that spur discussion and add to the value of the post, then I'll be happy to give you the URL of my main blog if you do sports commentary too! The outbound link is well worth the added discussion and feeling that the blog is read. I also feel it motivates my bloggers!
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  22. #19
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    i think most people are forgetting that most blog replies are 'nofollow' so at a guess id say most replies for actual 'seo' are a waste of time

  23. #20
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebookiesoffers View Post
    i think most people are forgetting that most blog replies are 'nofollow' so at a guess id say most replies for actual 'seo' are a waste of time
    I think that's probably the point of the video he was talking about - how to find blogs that have dofollow links in their comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •