Hi everyone.
Been told a few times that having a blog and linking it to the website is good idea to help with seo- anyone got any reccomendations on, good/bad experiances o how to go about it?
Thanks in advance
Hi everyone.
Been told a few times that having a blog and linking it to the website is good idea to help with seo- anyone got any reccomendations on, good/bad experiances o how to go about it?
Thanks in advance
Very very easy. A lot of the answer depends if you want to host the blog within your domain (which I recommend) or use a 3rd party website.
If you are hosting it, wordpress is the gold standard (wordpress.org). Do not use wordpress.com for your purpose if you want one hosted elsewhere, instead something like blogger.
freeeasy (26 August 2010)
Many thanks for this I will do some research although I must admit i don't know wether I can host it myself as at the moment I have my site hosted for me by an external company.
Does that make any sense??!
I would certainly add a few blogs to your list of sites that do two things. Firstly, they can generate some revenue. Secondly, they can feed some links to your main site.
As Mat said, I would host them on another service provider and have them registered with different info than your main site.
freeeasy (27 August 2010)
Thanks for the info.
From what i've been told I'm now thinking that i will set up a blog that is independent from my site on wordpress.org and then use that to link to my site- I can then try to update it regularly- not sure what with yet but hey ho!
All ideas or good examples gratefully recived!
It is certainly a good idea to get an independent blog to link to your main site, but isn't it a lot simpler to just do some link swaps with like-minded (already established) websites?
You'll get more link juice from that than a brand new blog with no content, unless you are looking at the longterm picture, then its a great idea!
Just Arsenal News (2.5 million PVs per month)
freeeasy (27 August 2010)
My blog is intended to bring traffic and retain on my site. Talk to your host as I bet they can setup wordpress for you. The trick is to add new content daily.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
freeeasy (27 August 2010)
Yes ! Its true !
A blog or either forum helps to improve the Google ranking.
The best part is that it provides the permanent link and mostly crawled by Google crawler very rapidly.
freeeasy (31 August 2010)
Yeah. I presume the official blog will be hosted on the same server, thus using the same IP, will just be considered interlinking or the links coming from the blog will just be considered as internal links. However, if the blog will be hosted away from the host of the official site or using a different IP, it would be considered as a strong relevant backlinks for your site.
freeeasy (4 September 2010)
Best hands- thanks very much for this as you've raised a very good point and got me thinking.
I was just about to load wordpress onto my site and then have the blog situated there as "/blog". However if what you say is correct (and I've got no reason to think it won't be!) then I'm more minded to get myself another domain name to host my blog on so that I can get the most from the links pointing at my site etc.
Personally I reckon it depends on what you need more, blogs are a good excuse to add content to your site. You can always create your own feeder sites as well if you've got the time to manage them.
Generally speaking if you want to keep your budget down Geoff then I'd suggest that a few secondary sites that you write content for on different IPs and link to your site wont hurt as long as you don't cover it with links and have a blog on your main site aswell.
In turn you can then use your created support sites for your link exchanges and so on and not have to comprimise your main site.
freeeasy (6 September 2010)
Well its true and I am the proof.
I have prepared around 150 free blogger blog and round about for the 2 weeks I have posted new articles on all the blogs and also posted the links.
Well as these also get me benefit because all the links created in my owned blogger are giving me do-follow links.
So I think that this is the best to use.
Nilesh/Catching Smoke
Thanks for your reply.
Can I just clarify as I don't quite understand? Are you saying that you would set up a blog on a diferent hosting system (Neccessary?) with a different domian name and then use that to post articles and get link traffic to my own site.
Thats sounds a good idea as if I just posted a blog on my own it would just be giving me internal links.
Think I'm getting there!
Thanks for all the advice so far.
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone on here for their advice regarding the blog which I now have up and running.
Its here at www.fulltimebettingblog.com.
Some of you may even find it interesting if you like to dabble in sports betting from time to time.....
Thanks again.
I use both methods. I put a blog on my website using Wordpress and then also have some blogs on wordpress and blogger to give my sites some links.
I like using both, as the "internal" blog gives my site fresh content and the independant blogs give me links.
Nothing wrong with this approach I hope?
Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.
Great blog content, that was really interesting to read.
Interested in quality, relevant link exchanges and deals, especially with UK sites.
Cheers- its a ball ache sometimes but nice to get some positive feedback!