Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Boredom

  1. #21
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    Try some fighting sports. Ju jitsu, mma, boxing. You will win or lose but you will return to fight again. Or you can try to start a new site with the help with all the GPWA members. You will remain in history for this. Enjoy life, my friend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to alin04 For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (14 July 2016)

  3. #22
    MMM
    MMM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,356
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 579 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Great topic!

    I am not in your place of figuring things out, but I feel so to.

    I try at least once twice a week to work from a different place that is not home, my girflriends studio or just a coffee place. I feel I actually get much more productive there.

    All the ideas here are good. The one i liked the most is thinking what you are specially passionate about and make it part of your life. It can be connected - for example building a site about carpentering or non related like actually carpentering (of course that's just an example).
    Personally, I love teaching so I do that once a week - thats really good for me for some scenery change.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MMM For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (14 July 2016)

  5. #23
    BBCasinos's Avatar
    BBCasinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 305 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    I have a few ways out of my affiliation Circle.
    I do a lot of Sports. Most of the time cycling. Set yourself a goal or a challenge.
    Every year we set a goal. This year it was twice the stelvio (a huge mountain in Italy) last year i did 3 times mont Ventoux on 1 day.
    Besides that i am free for business owners to hire me on a freelance base. For 3 days a week. Good for your knowledge and network. And social life.
    Plan meetings and Nice trips with people from the business. Visit them and have fun and explore the world.
    Me, i am now moving to Barcelona for a few months. Just to have a New surrounding and to get New inspiration.
    "For Sluts you go to Pornhub, for Slots you come to us"

    David
    Wanna do business? Skype me: LSDave19

    BestBettingCasinos | Top 10 online casinos | 10 Free bonuses | 50 Free Spins

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BBCasinos For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (14 July 2016)

  7. #24
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    880
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    Cheers for all the responses, really helpful and has lifted my spirits a bit as I was getting a bit forlorn plugging away here.

    I'll definitely be trying a few of the things mentioned on here.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Renee (12 July 2016)

  9. #25
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,897
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,302
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

    Default

    I'd just like to state the obvious - most advice in this thread sounds as if it was intended to fill the day of a bored housewife. Get a dog, do yoga, do something enjoyable.

    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Most anti-depression advice on the internet is "laugh" or "watch funny videos of cats". But I think what most of us are missing is that sense of urgency and value that serious people such as lawyers or stock brokers have. You know, sharp people who are alert all the time, who are in the grind, and who get tangible rewards and status increase for their actions. I've been there and I know the feeling. I've also been in the boxing ring so I know what that's like (it's the best).

    What we get here is a quiet jump from #32 to #29 on Google SERPs. And more cash to buy something.

    So I don't think relaxing is the way to go. Exercise helps, but I'm doing it to the max and it's still not enough.

    So when you say hire a friend, I say hire someone who will challenge you on a daily basis. When you say exercise, I say compete. Do the opposite of enjoyable and most likely you'll be doing the right thing.

    There are men who save lives and who fight lions - we're just sitting at home all day. But we can make for relatively solid businessmen or entrepreneurs who are good at what we do. Hence the office as the first step. Education, or should I call it professionalization, also helps.

    I say take an online or offline course, suit up, get serious. Kick yourself in the butt.

    This site is great:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...-introduction/

    Awesome thread BTW.

    We're letting Renee in as the only girl member, aren't we, guys?

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    elgoog (13 July 2016), MMM (13 July 2016), RacingJim (12 July 2016), Renee (12 July 2016)

  11. #26
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    350
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 183 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    ^ How is exercise relaxing? It is anything but relaxing, unless you do ****** workouts. Exercise is also great for the mind, you gain more clarity. In actual fact that's a huge reason why I do it, and that has an impact on other parts of my life. Getting a dog can also not be understated. It really does make a huge difference, they can be more loyal than humans. But then again everyone is different.
    Last edited by pokeraussie; 12 July 2016 at 2:44 pm.

  12. #27
    Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    I'm an absolute nightmare has i don't know how to switch off. However, before my daughters ten weeks summer holiday started i had to agree i would go a day every week without my phone and generally chill out during the summer --- It's great!! And, you soon find out that everything waits and learning to chill isn't a bad thing!

    Living by the sea means i don't have an excuse, so i've been getting into the holiday spirit. Today we took a boat out for the day. Also taking two to three hours exercise everyday is better than my usual one hour. Barbecues with friends, cinema, theatre, tickets to see status quo (showing age now) in a couple of weeks. Tomorrow we drive down to the Atlantic for a bit of surfboarding.

    This is the first summer i actually wanted to stay local, normally run away when the tourists come. However, to answer Jim's question, i think you have to look at what's around you and make sure you do stuff that you might have missed out on. Luckily for me the wife and daughter are very much into sports, so it's not hard to find something!

    Now for a little secret (not to tell wife or daughter) - i've been planning my next business (or two), and i've even been booking flights for after the holidays to some remote places - I wouldn't sleep at night if i didn't have more in the pipeline, so staying active for me is the key. I also like to get out of my comfort zone, and wouldn't do the same thing again and again. I have enough income to live happily ever after, but it's not just about the money. In fact, i would actually say making money is only proof that you are doing a good job.

    If you are young - free and single. Pack your bags and go and see the world - It's the best education you will get. As you get older and everything runs around family things change!!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Syndicate For This Useful Post:

    alin04 (12 July 2016), Renee (12 July 2016)

  14. #28
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,187
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 3,288 Times in 1,830 Posts

    Default

    Many online people have this problem. There is no easy cure. Yes, doing exercise and some other things work, but the problem is that part of the issue is lack of the energy and lazyness. The problem is getting bigger with the amount of money people are making. Usually there is some level for comfortable life and once this level is reached or overstepped, the problems start to occur.

    The core of the problem is our culture and society, that imprints an impression, that once certain amount of money is made, we will reach some kind of paradise. However - with any kind of money - it is no paradise. It is in a way worse than being poor, because when people are relatively poor, their life is filled with making money for bread. It is quite certain what to do. It is said people want freedom, but the opposite is true. People want just order and they want to dream about (monetary) freedom. The problem is just for the few that reach that level and actually get the freedom. The dream becomes a nightmare. It is bad, because some inner guilt is being felt that we are not finally happy. And it is worse, because not many other people, who are trying to reach the comfort zone, understand this feeling.

    You can start to be a politician

    No seriously. It is just about reminding that the whole society and premises of culture are fake. It is an image that is not real. To make easy money is not the end, it is the beginning. Every man needs an adventure, money is just a tool for it. Even those who secretly think they are cowards, need the adventure. That is what the Lord of the rings is about. You have chosen a path to be alone and you have to accept it. There is no way back. There is no sense in social drinking and keeping the old relationships, after you have made the decision, left (potencial) 9 to 5 job and suceeded. It is comfortable and for a while. It is like renting a *****, but in the longterm the keeping of old habits and not going into something really new, probably at another place, will just get you more depressed.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (12 July 2016), Renee (12 July 2016)

  16. #29
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,138
    Thanks
    2,260
    Thanked 7,954 Times in 5,018 Posts

    Default

    We're letting Renee in as the only girl member, aren't we, guys?
    What's the matter, are you afraid she will kick your ass if we don't?

    Rick
    Universal4

  17. #30
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I'd just like to state the obvious - most advice in this thread sounds as if it was intended to fill the day of a bored housewife. Get a dog, do yoga, do something enjoyable.

    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Most anti-depression advice on the internet is "laugh" or "watch funny videos of cats". But I think what most of us are missing is that sense of urgency and value that serious people such as lawyers or stock brokers have. You know, sharp people who are alert all the time, who are in the grind, and who get tangible rewards and status increase for their actions. I've been there and I know the feeling. I've also been in the boxing ring so I know what that's like (it's the best).

    What we get here is a quiet jump from #32 to #29 on Google SERPs. And more cash to buy something.

    So I don't think relaxing is the way to go. Exercise helps, but I'm doing it to the max and it's still not enough.

    So when you say hire a friend, I say hire someone who will challenge you on a daily basis. When you say exercise, I say compete. Do the opposite of enjoyable and most likely you'll be doing the right thing.

    There are men who save lives and who fight lions - we're just sitting at home all day. But we can make for relatively solid businessmen or entrepreneurs who are good at what we do. Hence the office as the first step. Education, or should I call it professionalization, also helps.

    I say take an online or offline course, suit up, get serious. Kick yourself in the butt.

    This site is great:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...-introduction/

    Awesome thread BTW.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this. It's the challenge aspect that is missing.

    One thing I always thought when I was competing was that it would have been so much easier if I didn't have a job because I felt like I could put 100% into focusing on the comps. Regardless of what it is, competing is such a great feeling even when you don't win. It just makes you hungry for more and that feeling is what I think a lot of us lack. Believe it or not being in the office also sometimes makes people feel that way. I'm constantly looking for new challenges.

    We're letting Renee in as the only girl member, aren't we, guys?
    I'm not a real girl anyway. I'd give you blokes a run for your money.

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    What's the matter, are you afraid she will kick your ass if we don't?

    Rick
    Universal4
    I can. Doesn't mean I will
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  18. #31
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 268 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    For me I pick up a few hobbies such as salsa dancing and background acting, where I meet lots of cool and interesting people from being on set. I'm also in a few car clubs, which I meet peers who are auto enthusiasts, or "gear heads".

    If I don't have these activities, this business can be boring. Of course the goal is to earn enough to invest in other businesses and keep oneself busy, but I'm still quite a way from that.

  19. #32
    Aeternus is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    What I miss being a lone wolf affiliate is the interaction with other people. I remember back to my student years, tons of social interaction every day and I loved it. Now a days I just sit in my office alone with my two monitors, I guess you could call that boredom as well.

    Dan Horvat brings up some good points as well I think. When your work gets to a point where it is pure routine, it dulls the mind. Every day challenges and rewards are healthy.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aeternus For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (13 July 2016)

  21. #33
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    880
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternus View Post
    What I miss being a lone wolf affiliate is the interaction with other people. I remember back to my student years, tons of social interaction every day and I loved it. Now a days I just sit in my office alone with my two monitors, I guess you could call that boredom as well.

    Dan Horvat brings up some good points as well I think. When your work gets to a point where it is pure routine, it dulls the mind. Every day challenges and rewards are healthy.
    Yep definitely agree, there's been some great points made on this thread that are really helpful. I agree it probably boils down to a few main things, basic human interaction and meeting new people, keeping the mind focused and finding new challenges to keep motivated when the job itself becomes boring/repetitive and when there isn't a 100% money motivation any more due to finding a comfortable level already.

    Obviously in an ideal world they say do something you love as your job and I doubt anyone here truly loves sitting at a computer for long periods grinding away on websites and all the management/monitoring involved with a business like this.

    I used to work in people jobs, bar work etc and loved it, they were my happiest times. Since I worked for myself I've found my communication skills slipping a bit, I've gone a bit more socially awkward and generally can't be arsed socialising as much. So I do think staring at computers and working alone for long periods can affect the brain in some way to bring on this kind of demotivation and slightly depressed feeling. I have to find more balance and new challenges it seems.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Renee (13 July 2016)

  23. #34
    Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    That's it then - Use the income to buy a bar or some other gaff --- then you can get back interacting!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    Yep definitely agree, there's been some great points made on this thread that are really helpful. I agree it probably boils down to a few main things, basic human interaction and meeting new people, keeping the mind focused and finding new challenges to keep motivated when the job itself becomes boring/repetitive and when there isn't a 100% money motivation any more due to finding a comfortable level already.

    Obviously in an ideal world they say do something you love as your job and I doubt anyone here truly loves sitting at a computer for long periods grinding away on websites and all the management/monitoring involved with a business like this.

    I used to work in people jobs, bar work etc and loved it, they were my happiest times. Since I worked for myself I've found my communication skills slipping a bit, I've gone a bit more socially awkward and generally can't be arsed socialising as much. So I do think staring at computers and working alone for long periods can affect the brain in some way to bring on this kind of demotivation and slightly depressed feeling. I have to find more balance and new challenges it seems.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Syndicate For This Useful Post:

    Renee (13 July 2016)

  25. #35
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    880
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
    That's it then - Use the income to buy a bar or some other gaff --- then you can get back interacting!!
    I think that a bar in particular would be a very bad thing for me
    Way too many temptations - I think that would tick one box and untick about 5 others.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Renee (13 July 2016)

  27. #36
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    811
    Thanks
    538
    Thanked 299 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    Great thread!
    And wishing you all the best RacingJim finding the right path!
    You can do it!

    Keep us updated on what is working for you

  28. #37
    Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    403
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    Bloody hell - its' hard work!!

    Tea room then? Might get an older client, but you can get some get the low down on what it was like before the war!

    You said you lived near the outskirts of town --- paint ball range/coach - can pretend the other person is one of your unfavorite affiliate managers

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I think that a bar in particular would be a very bad thing for me
    Way too many temptations - I think that would tick one box and untick about 5 others.

  29. #38
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    880
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I'd just like to state the obvious - most advice in this thread sounds as if it was intended to fill the day of a bored housewife. Get a dog, do yoga, do something enjoyable.

    Not that there's anything wrong with that. Most anti-depression advice on the internet is "laugh" or "watch funny videos of cats". But I think what most of us are missing is that sense of urgency and value that serious people such as lawyers or stock brokers have. You know, sharp people who are alert all the time, who are in the grind, and who get tangible rewards and status increase for their actions. I've been there and I know the feeling. I've also been in the boxing ring so I know what that's like (it's the best).

    What we get here is a quiet jump from #32 to #29 on Google SERPs. And more cash to buy something.

    So I don't think relaxing is the way to go. Exercise helps, but I'm doing it to the max and it's still not enough.

    So when you say hire a friend, I say hire someone who will challenge you on a daily basis. When you say exercise, I say compete. Do the opposite of enjoyable and most likely you'll be doing the right thing.

    There are men who save lives and who fight lions - we're just sitting at home all day. But we can make for relatively solid businessmen or entrepreneurs who are good at what we do. Hence the office as the first step. Education, or should I call it professionalization, also helps.

    I say take an online or offline course, suit up, get serious. Kick yourself in the butt.

    This site is great:
    http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/0...-introduction/

    Awesome thread BTW.

    We're letting Renee in as the only girl member, aren't we, guys?
    Great thoughts Dan. I think this is getting more at the root of things and should be pretty helpful for me. I've also read a bit of that site and it's decent.
    Last edited by RacingJim; 14 July 2016 at 7:41 am.

  30. #39
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    880
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Many online people have this problem. There is no easy cure. Yes, doing exercise and some other things work, but the problem is that part of the issue is lack of the energy and lazyness. The problem is getting bigger with the amount of money people are making. Usually there is some level for comfortable life and once this level is reached or overstepped, the problems start to occur.

    The core of the problem is our culture and society, that imprints an impression, that once certain amount of money is made, we will reach some kind of paradise. However - with any kind of money - it is no paradise. It is in a way worse than being poor, because when people are relatively poor, their life is filled with making money for bread. It is quite certain what to do. It is said people want freedom, but the opposite is true. People want just order and they want to dream about (monetary) freedom. The problem is just for the few that reach that level and actually get the freedom. The dream becomes a nightmare. It is bad, because some inner guilt is being felt that we are not finally happy. And it is worse, because not many other people, who are trying to reach the comfort zone, understand this feeling.

    You can start to be a politician

    No seriously. It is just about reminding that the whole society and premises of culture are fake. It is an image that is not real. To make easy money is not the end, it is the beginning. Every man needs an adventure, money is just a tool for it. Even those who secretly think they are cowards, need the adventure. That is what the Lord of the rings is about. You have chosen a path to be alone and you have to accept it. There is no way back. There is no sense in social drinking and keeping the old relationships, after you have made the decision, left (potencial) 9 to 5 job and suceeded. It is comfortable and for a while. It is like renting a *****, but in the longterm the keeping of old habits and not going into something really new, probably at another place, will just get you more depressed.
    Some great thoughts also. Always enjoy your posts Sherlock!

  31. #40
    Azureus's Avatar
    Azureus is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 75 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Many online people have this problem. There is no easy cure. Yes, doing exercise and some other things work, but the problem is that part of the issue is lack of the energy and lazyness. The problem is getting bigger with the amount of money people are making. Usually there is some level for comfortable life and once this level is reached or overstepped, the problems start to occur.
    You should have some reason, some mission for why you're doing what you're doing. Money only works until some level, after that it is very difficult to find something meaningful especially if you make money by gambling or by being a gambling affiliate. You do not really contribute to the society like an elementary school teacher does... I totally understand OP's situation but I can't provide any help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    The core of the problem is our culture and society, that imprints an impression, that once certain amount of money is made, we will reach some kind of paradise. However - with any kind of money - it is no paradise. It is in a way worse than being poor, because when people are relatively poor, their life is filled with making money for bread. It is quite certain what to do. It is said people want freedom, but the opposite is true. People want just order and they want to dream about (monetary) freedom. The problem is just for the few that reach that level and actually get the freedom. The dream becomes a nightmare. It is bad, because some inner guilt is being felt that we are not finally happy. And it is worse, because not many other people, who are trying to reach the comfort zone, understand this feeling.
    I wouldn't say people want "order". I guess people want to belong somewhere, do something meaningful and with at least partly predictable results. Maybe that actually is "order" haha... You're right about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    No seriously. It is just about reminding that the whole society and premises of culture are fake. It is an image that is not real. To make easy money is not the end, it is the beginning. Every man needs an adventure, money is just a tool for it. Even those who secretly think they are cowards, need the adventure. That is what the Lord of the rings is about. You have chosen a path to be alone and you have to accept it. There is no way back. There is no sense in social drinking and keeping the old relationships, after you have made the decision, left (potencial) 9 to 5 job and suceeded. It is comfortable and for a while. It is like renting a *****, but in the longterm the keeping of old habits and not going into something really new, probably at another place, will just get you more depressed.
    You mention Lord of the Rings but many other books like Harry Potter or even Odyssey follow similar plots. The hero sets on a journey, alone or in a small group, overcomes challenges and ends up with nothing but experience. You should enjoy the process, not the goal - it can be difficult but if you don't, you will be demotivated, bored and/or depressed. So actually I would recommend to OP to create some new project, maybe something that you're afraid of doing and enjoy you yourself evolving while you work on it. For example I'm introverted and I would be **** scared of running a bar or a restaurant but maybe I would be happier than as an affiliate. This is such a wide topic that goes beyong websites and affiliates.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Azureus For This Useful Post:

    RacingJim (17 July 2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •