Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Danbryn16 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Sports Betting Affiliate Newbie..

    Hello i am struggling to get sign ups via Twitter & my Facebook page has just been banned from ads which i have contacted them about.

    I dont currently have enough money to buy a site or get one made for me.

    But I wondered if wordpress is any good for affiliates ? maybe i could start a sports blog and hashtag or Tag loads of teams and bookies. Just wanted your thoughts or whats the best way to go about it

  2. #2
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    I don't want to sound harsh but it sounds like you want what everyone wants, i.e. a quick fix and easy money with little investment of time or money. Wordpress is fine, but really what any online business needs to be a success is a serious approach, commitment, knowledge, dedication and a certain amount of investment.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    pinkytoe (10 January 2015)

  4. #3
    Danbryn16 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 15 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I don't want to sound harsh but it sounds like you want what everyone wants, i.e. a quick fix and easy money with little investment of time or money. Wordpress is fine, but really what any online business needs to be a success is a serious approach, commitment, knowledge, dedication and a certain amount of investment.
    Honestly i am not looking for a quick fix, Just wondering where to start with being an affiliate,
    Can you give me an advice with the approach ?

  5. #4
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Dan,

    Many affiliates use wordpress and/or blogger and have some success. Those products are designed for people with limited technical skills to get started and it could be a good option for you to test the waters.

    However, in order to succeed, you will need to have a vision as to what sort of site you want to create, dedication to spend time each day working on it, and determination to see it through the first 3-6 months when no-one is visiting and/or clicking on your site. Many people start keen and fail within 3 months.

    There is no "easy" path or one page advice sheet that tells you WHAT to create and how to promote. There is no BEST way, it depends on your skills, talents, and abilities.

    You should initially promote a segment that you are personally interested in yourself, as that enthusiasm for the subject will come through in the content that you create, and should make you site a place that people will visit again and again.

    Good luck.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (10 January 2015), RacingJim (10 January 2015), vardan (21 January 2015)

  7. #5
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbryn16 View Post
    Honestly i am not looking for a quick fix, Just wondering where to start with being an affiliate,
    Can you give me an advice with the approach ?
    I was in a grumpy mood before, haha. But yeh I think I latched onto the 'maybe i could start a sports blog and hashtag or Tag loads of teams and bookies'. It just seemed a bit spamtastic. TheGooner has given you some good advice there though.

    I just read back my post and it sounds like I may have been dissing Wordpress, which I wasn't. Wordpress is fantastic and I fully recommend it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •