Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85
  1. #1
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default AFFILIATE THIEF: Plain & Simple

    I was directed to this website recently and I was ASTOUNDED by the practices of a very large affiliate. He owns several big forum/portals. Link is below. He also has Mastering Hold'em among others.

    He is directing people to UNINSTALL the poker site, CLEAR COOKIES and redownload using his links. Then to send your account information so he can check on your account.

    I contacted every poker site he's doing this with. A few of them have sent him cease and desist warnings. Others have not responded as of this post. One of the other's, namely Pacific Poker, sent me a rude response back and they seem to think this behavior is ok.

    I CARE AND YOU SHOULD TOO.

    Please send an email to the affiliate department at the following poker sites and tell them to punish this idiot by closing his affiliate accounts until he takes down these type of pages from ALL OF HIS WEBSITES. In addition, it's my suggestion you threaten to pull your business until they take action.

    View what he's doing here: http://www.poker-strategy.org/default.aspx?tabid=205

    Send emails to the following poker sites:

    Pacific Poker
    Full Tilt Poker
    Ultimate Bet
    Absolute Poker
    Sun Poker
    Cake Poker (has sent a warning to them)
    Battlefield Poker
    Carbon Poker (has sent a warning to them)
    Last edited by BITES; 5 January 2008 at 2:44 am.

  2. #2
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    He has these instructions for all the poker rooms listed to the right. This is unethical to encourage players to create multiple accounts. Most places don't allow multiple accounts, so it's also illegal for the player.

    Definitely a bad actor!
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  3. #3
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Heres another one

    http://www.raketaker.com/rakeback/cake-poker.php

    I dont understand why AMs dont prevent this. Mine drop by my site the odd time to make sure everything is correct and if they dont like something they send me an email

  4. #4
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Hi all,

    We've seen this before unfortunately, that is programs that show no concern or much less interest in dodgy aff practices.

    Obviously someone is producing lots of sign-ups so the yard stick that other are held to gets lost in the $ signs.


    Cheers



    Dave

  5. #5
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    One of the other's, namely Pacific Poker, sent me a rude response back and they seem to think this behavior is ok.
    That is why many affiliates wont touch 888 with a 10 foot pole.

    Guess some affiliates who cant get their own players to rely on such nasty tactics.


    The poker rooms honestly could easily spot these players and disallow the new account. A quick phone call when they notice one of these accounts would quickly clarify... plus, refusing to pay the affiliate would be another nice touch.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  6. #6
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    This is why it's IMPORTANT that you EACH send your affiliate contact an email. I truly believe that if they get enough emails they will realize they will lose a lot of us and have to rely solely on this moron and the few like him. Their bottom line will be crushed.

    WE HAVE THE POWER. Not the bad seeds. Not the poker sites.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    This is why it's IMPORTANT that you EACH send your affiliate contact an email. I truly believe that if they get enough emails they will realize they will lose a lot of us and have to rely solely on this moron and the few like him. Their bottom line will be crushed.

    WE HAVE THE POWER.
    I get a strong impression that this thread is fuelled by a hidden agenda...Especially when dissecting your quote above.

    It clearly defines you as an affiliate (or someone with a direct connection to the industry).

    However while your happy to point the public finger at someone who it seems is less than honourable, you've chosen to go the path of non disclose in open dialogue. No integrity in that either!

    This alone raises a red flag IMHO.

    I'm no one's patsy and neither is the GPWA or the forum.



    Dave


    Edit: I see you've posted here
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/50-revenu...tml#post501645
    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    Let us not forget that if your players already have Poker4Ever, becoming an affiliate at this site or any other site with a P4E skin is useless. P4E has been stating for months on end they are "opening it up" for P4E players to download other skins but so far it's just another poker site talking out their hole.
    Obviously your not just a poker player!
    Last edited by Former Member 14; 4 January 2008 at 9:27 pm. Reason: Edit

  8. #8
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    I was directed to this website recently
    You've tried to camouflage your intent (hidden agenda) with this.

    Yet in the next sentence you state:

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    He owns several big forum/portals. Link is below. He also has Mastering Hold'em and I believe, PSO, among others.
    How do you know it's a He?
    How do you know what sites this person owns when the whois information on poker-strategy.org is registered with Domains by Proxy?

    For someone who was directed to a web site (by a mystery person) you sure have a large dossier.

    Man I'm in Australia and I can smell the BS from here!


    Dave

  9. #9
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Hey BITES,

    No response, why?

    You were online for the last hour while I was making these posts and you have no comment!

    I hope the security team grab this clowns IP. I'd also hope that the bold URL is x'ed out too.


    Dave

  10. #10
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Do you wish to know who I am?

    I'm Marc and I own Suited Pockets.

    www.suitedpockets.net

    I also have a weekly radio show called "Pumped On Poker" on Rounders Radio. You can find me every Wednesday night with a top pro at 7pm West 10pm East Coast... Live.

    No hidden agenda. I find it amazing that your only response to my post was about me. No comment about the issue at hand.

    Are you one of the "morons" who thinks this behavior is acceptable? Or are you just someone who has more time to post and comment on EVERYTHING rather than offer anything of substance?

    If your ego makes you think I need to sit on this forum and wait for you to reply to anything I post, think again. I run a very successful business and I play poker for a living. If you can "hang" here 24/7 - well goodie for you. I can't.

  11. #11
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Hey Marc,

    I can understand why your upset as can most people here. More and more sites are taking thsi approach and quite a few rooms tolerate this or other forms of BS....but you are out of line with Dave

    If you took the time to read this forum you would know that Dave and a few others here go out of tehir way and bend over backwards to stop scrappers, spammers and all those who are taking the unethical approach to this buisness. I am not talking making a couple of posts saying so and so is spamming....I cant explain what they do I dont know how they do it buit they track these people. So for you to sit here and make the comments that you did without knowing them or understanding the position you have put people in.

    Yes I know Poker Strategy.org....I dont know the person behind the site but dos sound familiar. DO I agree with this of course not. I try very hard at this buisness

    but

    you cant say you dont have any alternative motive yourself.

    You come here. You point your finger at someone and its your first couple of posts and you think that everyone is not going to question why. My first thought was who are you? I mean if I have a beef with someone I will at least let it be known along with who I am instead of accusing them and leaving my own identity hidden.

    Putting myself on the limb here but I think if I or another "known " GPWA member came on here and said hey this site is poaching players and promoting multiaccounts these guys would help me in a heartbeat. Th emembers here hold some pretty high standards when it comes to ethics.

    I think this is what Dave was saying.

    All I can suggest is keep doing what you are doing. As for Pacific and I will even put Party in this category I dont think they give a crap what their affiliates do. I still get spam from a member here for Party Poker. I have made 5 companits to Party and nothing. As far as Pacific well I think they need to pull their heads out of the sand and wake up......

    Anyway my intent with this post was to let you know that you should really look into people before jumping down their throat.
    Last edited by ck8795; 4 January 2008 at 10:25 pm.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ck8795 For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (4 January 2008)

  13. #12
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    I don't promote all of these sites, but I do object to anyone using unethical methods to recruit players...at the expense of the players themselves especially.

    I have made an effort to help clean up this industry in other ways, and I have no problem with addressing this issue as well, with the sites I do promote.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  14. #13
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It is certainly not my intent to start off here on the wrong foot. However, just because I didn't have time to completely fill out my profile when I registered today, doesn't mean I have ill intent or that I'm trying to make Dave a "patsy". In addition, his comment about me being logged on for an hour and "hiding" is not appreciated. For someone with so many posts I would think he would know that if you leave the site without "logging" off it shows you logged in for x amount of time. I wasn't here. I do, however, have the topic reply on but again, I can't sit on my email and respond when other people wish me to.

    For Dave and for anyone else, one of the poker sites suggested I come here and post the issue. I did.

    I don't expect a Welcome Wagon here but I do expect someone with 1,000+ posts would have a better grasp on how to handle a response.

    To follow up on Dave's very inappropriate posts, I know who the owner is because I know the business I'm in. I'm sure you know the names of your competitors or the "leaders" in your field. Correct?

    Now Dave, if you have anything you wish to say about the ISSUE I'd love to hear it.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    Do you wish to know who I am?

    I'm Marc and I own Suited Pockets.

    XXXwww.suitedpockets.net

    I also have a weekly radio show called "Pumped On Poker" on Rounders Radio. You can find me every Wednesday night with a top pro at 7pm West 10pm East Coast... Live.

    No hidden agenda.
    You post a thread about an aff site's lack of integrity; granted the page is unethical. Yet in direct retrospect your more than happy to hide under a veil, a hood, to do so.

    It's not until I question you motives & basically call your hand that you finally fess up and disclose who you really are!

    What part of my synopsis (on your choices) doesn't make you look dodgy; unethical & riff with a hidden agenda?



    Dave

    PS Although you did come clean, that's no Kudos to you. You should have been up front from the start.

    If you had chosen to lay your (honesty) cards on the table I can't guarantee people would have rallied to your cause, but at least your integrity would have been kept in tact.

    PSS Before you even consider attacking my integrity, I suggest you take a BIG hard LOOOONG look at why this thread has turned out the way it has & why (because of your choices & actions) you now have EGG all over your face!
    Last edited by Former Member 14; 4 January 2008 at 10:52 pm.

  16. #15
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Not sure the method would work? I think there is more involved in removing all traces of the software tracking. Rather not get into it but have you tried the sites method?

    Perform an uninstall delete cookies and bingo you can create a new account. I think the fellow left out a few steps.

    Just a thought

    greek39

  17. #16
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Dave, I have no ill intent here. But WATCH YOU WORDS WITH ME. Others might think you're "cute" or "funny" but I do not. To use words like "come clean" and "hiding" and "disclose"... not acceptable.

    Not that I need to explain myself to you even though by your words and claims you're the self appointed post police around here --- I'm in Sacramento, California and today we had 50 mph winds down my street, power was off most of the day and we had over 2" in rain in less than 1.5 hours.

    I'm done responding to you personally. It's obviously been a waste of time. If you cannot grasp the simple concept that I do not base what I do, how I do it or WHEN I HAVE TIME to do it, by your plan or your schedule --- well that's something you can talk to your therapist about.

    I will be happy to respond to any questions about the topic. Dave, you are on your own. Although I'd be interested to find out if this thread even applies to you...


    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    You post a thread about an aff site's lack of integrity; granted the page is unethical. Yet in direct retrospect your more than happy to hide under a veil, a hood, to do so.

    It's not until I question you motives & basically call your hand that you finally fess up and disclose who you really are!

    What part of my synopsis (on your choices) doesn't make you look dodgy; unethical & riff with a hidden agenda?



    Dave

    PS Although you did come clean, that's no Kudos to you. You should have been up front from the start.

    If you had chosen to lay your (honesty) cards on the table I can't guarantee people would have rallied to your cause, but at least your integrity would have been kept in tact.

    PSS Before you even consider attacking my integrity, I suggest you take a BIG hard LOOOONG look at why this thread has turned out the way it has & why (because of your choices & actions) you now have EGG all over your face!
    Last edited by BITES; 4 January 2008 at 11:30 pm.

  18. #17
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I am going to go in another direction with this

    i personally feel one of the biggest issues in poker rooms right now is multi accounting and cheaters and this I think adds to it

    What I dont understand is how can a poker room be so advanced in technology yet allow multiple accounts. It just boggles me. If I can watch videos of how vistors view my website based on heatmaps and movements on my pages I am sure a room can have a better system in place to track multiple accounts or users who in in all honesty are frauding the system.

    Is it possible to get past the arguing that is starting in this thread and discuss the situation? I think it falls inline with alot of affiliates both in the poker and casino industry since its and webmasters are poaching players

  19. #18
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    If your ego makes you think I need to sit on this forum and wait for you to reply to anything I post, think again. I run a very successful business and I play poker for a living. If you can "hang" here 24/7 - well goodie for you. I can't.
    Before I was simply not impressed with the way you chose to handle this matter with your non disclosure. However...

    Your backhanded slap, that's rather comical considering you gauged US as being worthy to post your agenda to the GPWA in the first place. Oh and you still here too...

    Instead of accepting the fact that your veil was lifted & wearing it, you turn around and attack me instead; and you have the audacity to cast aspersions on my EGO...

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    WATCH YOU WORDS WITH ME. Others might think you're "cute" or "funny" but I do not. To use words like "come clean" and "hiding" and "disclose"... not acceptable.
    Marc don't threaten me...

    You may like to look up the meaning of defamation (slander), obviously this is what your hinting at with your between the lines (hidden) statement above.

    Quote Originally Posted by BITES View Post
    well that's something you can talk to your therapist about.
    Considering that 1 in 4 people suffer from depression and about 1 in 50 suffer from more severe forms of mental illness.

    Obviously it did not register with Your Over Inflated EGO by making a statement like this (taking into account the number of people who visit this forum on a daily basis), that your probably going to offend hundreds of people.


    Good one BITES


    Dave

  20. #19
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, Kaus.

    The poker sites that have welcomed an open dialog with me regarding this issue are putting their collective feet down with this site. I believe that any other sites found doing this will also be given a warning by the poker sites involved. But we have to report them. The more we as affiliates report it the harder stand they will be forced to take. I've even discussed it with a poker site owner that is not involved in this particular issue and he was astonished by this and the pure blatancy.

    If the only way to get rich in this business is to cheat, I'd rather keep charting the course I'm on or go broke. As long as I can sleep at night... I'm good.

    I'm not the only poker affiliate who noticed what he's doing and that a few others are doing the same. We're all sending in emails and will continue to do so until all the affiliates that perpetrate this fowl act are dealt with. Quite frankly, I don't care if they get off with just a warning as long as they stop and are then watched. I will go one step forward and state that I believe they should lose all affiliate commission for every day they have it posted.

    It's hard enough to compete in this field without having to compete against cheaters.

    What really steams me is that Absolute Poker, even with all their recent issues and self imposed hardships has not responded to my email. It's actions like this, or lack of action that stopped me from promoting them over a year ago. In addition, I won't send players to sites that don't pay out or have questionable business practices. I'm floored by poker affiliates with portals or forums that keep banners up for sites that are KNOWN for not paying out. I don't work that way and it's always my suggestion to my players/members/dowloaders to run the other way if they see banners for a list of sites I've provided them with.

    At this time, all I can suggest is that we send them emails. Send one to the affiliate manager and to your personal representative. It doesn't matter how big or small an affiliate you are.

    I equate this to a Presidential election. Don't complain later if you didn't vote. Or, don't complain about the issue later when you knew it existed and did nothing to stop it.

    Not you personally, Kaus. It's a blanket statement.


    Quote Originally Posted by kaus View Post
    I am going to go in another direction with this

    i personally feel one of the biggest issues in poker rooms right now is multi accounting and cheaters and this I think adds to it

    What I dont understand is how can a poker room be so advanced in technology yet allow multiple accounts. It just boggles me. If I can watch videos of how vistors view my website based on heatmaps and movements on my pages I am sure a room can have a better system in place to track multiple accounts or users who in in all honesty are frauding the system.

    Is it possible to get past the arguing that is starting in this thread and discuss the situation? I think it falls inline with alot of affiliates both in the poker and casino industry since its and webmasters are poaching players

  21. #20
    BITES is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Again Dave, I ask you this... Does my original post and it's content affect you in any way? Or am I just the one lucky stiff you pick every day to offend?

    Do you have ANYTHING to add that is worth my time or the time of anyone else reading this thread? Anything?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •