Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

Thread: .Casino Domains

  1. #21
    Simmo! is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 406 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    I think the main issue is not whether they will rank or not (in time, Google's quality algo will take care of that) but more like perception and trust. I think people trust what they know so .com and .net will rule until such a time as ".casino" has been sufficiently marketed as to make it familiar and therefore trustworthy.

    For now, I can't see any benefit but perhaps in 5-10 years time the world will accept them on an equal footing. There is a reasonable chance that will happen but that's exactly what domaining is all about - you speculate to accumulate - and that's what entrepreneurs do, they take risks.

    But I won't be buying any. I think there will always be space for .com and .net whatever happens. You won't be competing on the domain name, you'll be competing on the quality of the information you offer and the branding. Think how many new global domain extensions we've seen launched in the past 15 years and the only ones that rank are the ones with authority content (and link juice which is evaporating fast!).

    Ironically, it's just a gamble

  2. #22
    knowyourbets's Avatar
    knowyourbets is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I think this is all getting a bit ridiculous. Some people struggle to remember the website name let alone the extension. If these specific extensions are brought out where does it all stop? Will every industry have an industry specific extension i.e. KPMG.accountants?

  3. #23
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knowyourbets View Post
    I think this is all getting a bit ridiculous. Some people struggle to remember the website name let alone the extension. If these specific extensions are brought out where does it all stop? Will every industry have an industry specific extension i.e. KPMG.accountants?
    well there are already .accountants domains

  4. #24
    WilliamGreen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Domains, for example, .club, .casino, and .london make it simple for your site guests to know precisely what you are putting forth, permitting you to communicate as the need should arise much snappier.

  5. #25
    blackriver is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I think this is all getting a bit ridiculous. Some people struggle to remember the website name let alone the extension. If these specific extensions are brought out where does it all stop? Will every industry have an industry specific extension i.e. KPMG.accountants?
    My fav is .ninja Unfortunately all good keywords are already taken in this specific industry

  6. #26
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackriver View Post
    My fav is .ninja Unfortunately all good keywords are already taken in this specific industry
    Yeah I couldn't resist picking up a few ninja domains for the pile. Actually I'd forgotten about them - thanks for the reminder.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  7. #27
    RyanWeb is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    138
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 62 Times in 45 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo! View Post
    I think the main issue is not whether they will rank or not (in time, Google's quality algo will take care of that) but more like perception and trust. I think people trust what they know so .com and .net will rule until such a time as ".casino" has been sufficiently marketed as to make it familiar and therefore trustworthy.

    For now, I can't see any benefit but perhaps in 5-10 years time the world will accept them on an equal footing. There is a reasonable chance that will happen but that's exactly what domaining is all about - you speculate to accumulate - and that's what entrepreneurs do, they take risks.

    But I won't be buying any. I think there will always be space for .com and .net whatever happens. You won't be competing on the domain name, you'll be competing on the quality of the information you offer and the branding. Think how many new global domain extensions we've seen launched in the past 15 years and the only ones that rank are the ones with authority content (and link juice which is evaporating fast!).

    Ironically, it's just a gamble
    I 100% agree.. By the time .casino is a match for .com who knows where this industry will be. Then again.. I didn't think I would have been doing this for my first 6 years
    Since 2009 we have been reviewing online casinos with a current focus on US Mobile Casinos. More recently we have launched and expanded into the world market with Online Casino Reviews - Along with our newest addition monlinecasinos.com.

  8. #28
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Ill just continue to stick with good old ".com"
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  9. #29
    Miles_FTA's Avatar
    Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 540 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    Ye I have to Agree with Dan I dont think people will get used not using .com .org and their own country codes anytime soon.

    I do think . Casino etc will become valid someday but ti will take time for people to get used to these

  10. #30
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    I own roulette.directory but that's as far as I went with the new domain extensions. Do you guys think it's worth developing a site on that domain? Or should I keep it for selling later as is? Do you think it's worth anything as a stand-alone domain?
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  11. #31
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,305 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Personally I think having the dozens and dozens of new extensions added the last few years just shows the sheer greed of the Registrars as a whole, but we are stuck with them all now.

    I personally think that DanHorvat could get a domain to rank if he put forth the effort no matter what the extension is....

    Whether some extensions will provide extra seo help or make things more difficult to get a brand to rank is yet to be seen, and I think that is the more important question.

    I would think if we asked Google directly, they would say that it doesn't matter and that no one extension "should" get more weight, but I also wonder how accurate that statement would be.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (30 August 2015), TheGooner (30 August 2015)

  13. #32
    PhilF (ex-WhichBingo)'s Avatar
    PhilF (ex-WhichBingo) is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 173 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    we bought a few .bingo domains but purely as a defensive move. We won't be using them.

    The question isn't whether Big G lists them but more importantly will Joe Public use them. Bearing in mind the difficulty getting past .com and .co.uk with Joe Public at the moment I can't see any of these new dot.whatevers being anything other than money in registrars pockets.

  14. #33
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    I'd have to agree. I consider myself techy, and yet even I cringe when I see a comehere.casino domain cause it looks incomplete. Indeed the registars selling those for hundreds if not thousands r the only ones profiting, advertising the "big seo value" of those with is none.

    Most of us have been trained that a website domain is www.example.com or whatever other familiar extension u know .net, .org , and those country specific ones.

    Would take years of repetition and advertising for those domains to get integrated. Registering a few to keep imitators of makes sense.


    Talking about looking werid, lets take it a step further and investigate a deeplink within the site comehere.casino/casinos/vegas-casino/ or something of this sort tbh even I would be thinking of "correcting" that .casino to .com or something thinking I messed something up.

    I need my .com or something similar XD otherwise it's like sitting on the Thanks Giving table with no turkey Xd

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (30 August 2015)

  16. #34
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I own roulette.directory but that's as far as I went with the new domain extensions. Do you guys think it's worth developing a site on that domain? Or should I keep it for selling later as is? Do you think it's worth anything as a stand-alone domain?
    It rolls off the tongue so well that it deserves to be worth something doesn't it?

    But as others have alluded to until the growth of these specialist extensions gets out into mainstream use it's not going to be a hot destination. You can put a lot of effort and make it a ranking click-able location if reckon - but it's not going to be brandable or in the public mindset yet.

    If it was mine I'd certainly develop it into a mini-site, to get it to pay it's way, and keep it as a longer term speculation.

  17. #35
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Will do.


    Regarding these new extensions, we have forgotten one thing. How often do you really check the actual URL? You search Google, you click the title of the result, you read the page. Especially if you're doing all that on your smartphone. Some people are even saying domain names are dead.


    Personally, when I want to visit goonersguide.com, I just type in "goon" and the rest is auto-complete as I've visited the site before. For Yahoo Mail I use "y", for Fantasy League I use "fa", and so on. Couldn't care less if these sites ended in .pw.


    .com is an absolute must if you have any intention of advertising on TV, radio, billboards. It won't work if it's not a .com. People won't type the address in correctly. Period.


    Depending on the marketing campaign, you can make anything work. Just create a buzz, create a nice logo, make it cool. I recently obtained freewebsite.im, which is practically worthless for SEO as you can only geotarget Isle of Man, but when marketed properly through other channels it can be priceless.


    I'm starting a new business and I made a list of ways to market the product. I have 15 items on that list. SEO is just one, and Adwords is not there. As online affiliate marketers we tend to think only in terms of SEO, but once you step out of the affiliate space, marketing options are far more diverse. In this particular case I'm creating a whole brand, and the names of products aren't in the domain name of the company at all.


    Just saying - lots of things need to be considered. It's never just black or white. Domain extension matters the most if you expect the customer to type it in. But if it's just a link on a PPC ad - who cares? You just click and you're there anyway.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:


  19. #36
    Casino Strategy's Avatar
    Casino Strategy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I tend to disagree with most of you, I think with time, those domains will become the industry standard (I'm not arguing that registrars make the most out of them for now tho). Someone said above that it will take people a lifetime to get used to the new domains... 30-40 years ago internet was not a thing. Not a domain name, the entire damn internet, it was not there. Now my grandma surfs the web and got used to it in 5 years or so.

    I think what's going to happen is people will cringe for a while hearing these domains, then something famous will start using it (like oprah.show or something), then in 2 years, .com will be distant past. Also I can't see Google not developing their algorithm to calculate the relevance of the domain into the ranking.
    casino-strategy.com - Learn, Play, Win and Enjoy

  20. #37
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Domain extension matters the most if you expect the customer to type it in. But if it's just a link on a PPC ad - who cares? You just click and you're there anyway.
    While I agree with much of what you say Dan - I still have reservations about the keyword vs brand side of the equation. As I said - I think you have the ability to make any address a clickable location - but if it's ONLY a clickable location because it's not a memorable brand or easily typed in - then it's only ever going to get a partial reach compared to a good brandable .com.

    Roulette.directory loses out for me because it lacks brand, in the same way many of the bet locations fail because they are all plays on the word bet / wager / gamble. These extended / specialist extensions that are a long word and not a brand fail usability for me.

    KA-SEE-NO (.casino) is three syllables wasted on a non-branding part of the address.
    DI-REC-TOR-EE (.directory) is four syllables.

    This is where .com works as the TLC - it is only one syllable - but it's also the default suffix in most minds when hearing a website name. If you omit it and call your site Ricks Roulette (say) then you have a better brand than roulette directory.

    Yahoo, Bing, Google are brands. If search.engine becomes the #1 go to place for search then I'll change my mind.
    In sports we see ESPN, and BBC Sport working as top of mind - big brands with nothing to do with the keyword.

    That being said - we can't see the future - and I like the straight forwardness of roulette.directory - so I'd keep it up your sleeve for a while to see how the landscape develops. If .directory takes off then you have a money spinner.

  21. #38
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Okay let's leave roulette.directory aside as that's a whole different debate, brand vs keyword, and that's not what my big post above (or this thread) are about. Obviously the domain was purchased as a no-nonsense self-explanatory domain as opposed to branding potential.

    Not everyone has the power to choose a stupid name like Google and still rule the world. It does not mean you ought to choose stupid names if you want to rule the world - that's not the connection. Although, I remember it clearly, people started saying "oo" in a five- or six-word brand name is recipe for success because Yahoo and Google are doing so well.

    Anyway, let's use something else as an example: gooners.guide
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  22. #39
    AndyBonus's Avatar
    AndyBonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    The .casino extension is an interesting topic. I was watching these domains when they rolled out at pretty stupid prices (IE $12.5k),The one I wanted, sold first or second day, and then turned up on Sedo soon after. Interestingly enough the only sale to reach DNjournal was for star.casino for $11,200.

    I did end up buying a premium one, but I wont be selling it any time soon It will be a project

  23. #40
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure that in the coming years, some of these extensions will become popular. The problem is there are so many, you can't tell which ones it'll be and therefore making a speculative purchase as a long-term investment is difficult.

    I don't think any negative values will be given for SEO purposes but do think that that common extensions will be more trusted, at least for the next few years.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •