Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default Changed Site Theme

    I got a bit impulsive yesterday and completely changed my sites theme: www.footballbetprofit.com

    I've got for (what I think is) a more professional look.

    This is how it looked previously: https://web.archive.org/web/20160221...betprofit.com/


    So my question is, better or worse?

    Any feedback on the new layout will be much appreciated.



    P.S. I want to make the content width bigger but I'm struggling to get that to work.

  2. #2
    PromoteCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 489 Times in 333 Posts

    Default

    Hi Aidan,

    I am all for trying new themes to get the right design. To be honest I think it looks a bit bland and there is no definition to the site. It kind of all blend into each other menus, main content. Have you thought of buying a theme you can get some great themes for about $50. Here is an example of one that might be suitable and looks easy to edit. xxxxhttp://themeforest.net/item/champion-soccer-football-wordpress-theme/9451661?s_rank=1
    BettingOffers.bet - Latest offers and bonuses from reputable UK bookmakers. A New project underway but a long way to go Bookie Rewards

  3. #3
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    I second Promotecasnio.

    Another option: xhttp://www.flytonic.com/product/wp-sports-theme/
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MMM For This Useful Post:

    PromoteCasino (25 February 2016)

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    I actually preferred the older look, but that is more of a personal preference as I often prefer lighter colors over black...

    I would consider asking visitors since their opinion means more than other affiliates...

    Rick

  6. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    It's fine. I like the way it's reactive to different browser sizes too.

    Is it BETTER than before? That would be a personal preference thing.
    But this layout won't hold you back.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (26 February 2016)

  8. #6
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I like it. Much more crisp and clean that the older version.

    As Gooner says, responsive themes are the way to go. I think especially with sports related sites where it's more likely they'll be accessed by someone on the move.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doolally For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (26 February 2016)

  10. #7
    Miles_FTA's Avatar
    Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 540 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    Much better version looks good

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Miles_FTA For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (26 February 2016)

  12. #8
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Thanks a lot for all the feedback, after another days thought I think I'm quite happy with the way it looks now with the darker background.

    Appreciate all the advice

  13. #9
    Deano99 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2015
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I prefer it as well, it's cleaner and not as busy as the previous theme.

    Site's looking great by the way

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Deano99 For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (26 February 2016)

  15. #10
    martinseomcgarry's Avatar
    martinseomcgarry is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 38 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    Thanks a lot for all the feedback, after another days thought I think I'm quite happy with the way it looks now with the darker background.

    Appreciate all the advice

    A quick snippet of advice - have any of the URLs changed due to the theme change? This may affect SERP rankings for some pages. Its good to keep an eye on this and 301 any old URLs to the new

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to martinseomcgarry For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (26 February 2016)

  17. #11
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    None of the URLs have changed thankfully so no 301s required!

  18. #12
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    I feel it`s a bit crowded and no separation between topics / menus, but overall it looks Ok. I don`t know if it looks better than before, but it definitely is on the right track (more professional, as you said). It`s a good starting point if you are planning to do just a little bit more work.

    As Gooner said, overall this design won`t make or break you, it`s fine.
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  19. #13
    Celebrationbird is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Your theme looks really nice buddy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •