Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Changes

  1. #1
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default Changes

    I'm giving up on Firefox as it crashes constantly, "plugin container stopped working". Internet Explorer for me from now on, it got a bad rep long ago but this current version is pretty darn good. The only browser that plays videos flawlessly on my Atom. I'll miss some Firefox unique features but all in all, good riddance. Microsoft writes good code.

    I already gave up on Thunderbird, it's also laggy as hell. Mozilla schmozilla. Postbox rocks.

    I'm abandoning Joomla in favor of Wordpress. Joomla is more flexible, powerful and secure but it's a bloody mess, too many features and too many stuff to tinker with. I'm drooling over the minimalistic Wordpress designs. Enough with the Joomla tinkering. Enter the world of pain, Wordpress. You're in my hands now.

    One thing I'm not giving up on is Iron Maiden.

    Have you given up on something lately? Replaced it with something else? Tried something you haven't tried before?
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Renee (25 November 2014)

  3. #2
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    Have you given up on something lately? Replaced it with something else?
    I gave up my Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia) for an iPhone 5c. I've had them all now, except Blackberry.
    Firefox is very annoying lately, and there have been a lot of updates in the last month or so.

  4. #3
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    What was wrong with the Lumia?

  5. #4
    Scampi's Avatar
    Scampi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 304 Times in 180 Posts

    Default

    End of contract, great phone

  6. #5
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Good move giving up on Joomla. I did this 18 months ago and never looked back. Leave behind the endless tinkering and messing about trying to go round the houses to do something that should be easy.

    Wordpress kills Joomla, especially in terms of loads of time saving little things that add up to a whole better way of doing things. More time making money, less time tinkering trying to get some buffoonish sidebar (or any other thing) to work properly.

  7. #6
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,999
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    I feel your pain Dan, I too use IE more for many functions. In fact I have a few utility bills that I MUST use IE to pay since something about a redirect after authentication that Firefox just can't get right....

    Personally I have a Nokia Lumia 630 and I think it is a great phone. I currently carry both an Android (LG Motion) and a Windows phone and find myself using the windows phone more and more all the time.

    I have tested many many functions side by side at the same time and the Nokia running windows out performs (in usability and speed) on every function I test.

    I even thoroughly tested the gps capabilities all over the mountains of Pennsylvania, even in the middle of nowhere and Windows scored better in accuracy and warning of turns and lane changes in advance.

    The only addition I would like to see gps add on is warnings of deer in the road....(don't panic and swerve immediately since by doing so you will often serve into where they run....slow down and be prepared to act fast...lol)

    I too looked at Joomla but felt it was overly complicated for my needs and needed much more customization at the code level than wordpress.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Renee (25 November 2014)

  9. #7
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    I think I am switching to safari from Firefox. It is slow and is crashing on me. Could it be the version that I am using? Perhaps I should downgrade? Firefox has always performed better in the past than any other browser for me.
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  10. #8
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Good idea. I'll give Safari a go before I make a committment to IE. Firefox is bloatware (all programs are, eventually) and I think it's past its prime.

    Joomla is still more powerful and flexible, but that's exactly what's wrong with it. I've spent my best years trying to make that buffoonish sidebar work properly.

    So, Lumia is a great phone? I suspected it. I'm getting one.

  11. #9
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Safari is awful, Betinsight.co.uk crashed it. I'll keep it installed to check for cross-browser compatibility but that's it. I'm using IE from now on.

  12. #10
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I've recently switched milk in my coffee for fresh cream because it seems that the lactose in milk is not agreeing with me.

    Is that the sort of thing you were wondering about?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (26 November 2014)

  14. #11
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Good enough

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 November 2014)

  16. #12
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I've been using wordpress more this past year, but I have to say I still prefer joomla. Having said that, just for a bit of variety, I've been hand coding a couple of sites (still dynamic though using includes or DB's).

    Other than that, not much in the way of change - switched to using stevia in my tea rather than sugar but that's about it!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 November 2014)

  18. #13
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I have tried something I haven't before.

    I guess there may be some who will say 'you haven't lived!'


    Finger up the you know where was the new event. Someone else's (finger) of course. Unfortunately with no sexual connotations either.


    All men need a prostate check at some point

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 November 2014)

  20. #14
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Now that's the biggest change I've seen in this thread.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 November 2014)

  22. #15
    Casino Online Rating's Avatar
    Casino Online Rating is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 115 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Omg chaumi, that was unexpected

    When it comes to Joomla and Wordpress, we've been slowly changing over to WP too, although we're not getting rid of our Joomla websites, so as one of the two people that has any idea how to use it, I still get to 'enjoy' working with this CMS. Wordpress is great indeed, but make sure you stay properly secured, as it's a lot easier to get your site hacked than on Joomla due to its popularity (as can be seen by recent happenings in the industry here).

    As for me, I recently decided to change my eating habits to something healthier/y. Got rid of all the chem, processed stuff and so on, eating more fruits and vegetables and things like basmati rice with grilled chicken and vegetables, wholegrain pasta with self-made tomato sauce, just learning now what spices to use to make all that more to my taste

  23. #16
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Online Rating View Post
    Omg, that was unexpected
    That's what he said too

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 November 2014)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •