Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Content Theft?

  1. #1
    JimmyTheHat is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Content Theft?

    Hi,

    I am a new webmater. I suspect someone might be stealing some content I spend literally weeks writing.

    What do I do?

    Thanks,

    Jimmy

  2. #2
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheHat View Post
    Hi,

    I am a new webmater. I suspect someone might be stealing some content I spend literally weeks writing.

    What do I do?

    Thanks,

    Jimmy
    If it is casino content - then just create a thread saying xxxxxx.com stole my content. Typically, these people read up on GPWA and other industry forums and the sites are removed quickly.

    If not - then find THEIR affiliate tags on the website and contact each affiliate program. Every CREDIBLE program has SPAM terms in their T&C contract. These terms state that affiliates will not be paid if they spam.

    Content theft is both spam and stealing, so you should have a good case to get the affiliate to stop by removing their income stream.

    That's how I go about it anyway.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to kwblue For This Useful Post:

    dobrekasyno (14 March 2020)

  4. #3
    JimmyTheHat is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I like the idea of contacting the affiliate programs - going to that that straight away - thanks for taking the time to write that!!

    Cheers!!

  5. #4
    ppw's Avatar
    ppw
    ppw is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2006
    Location
    Littlehampton
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I would also run a copyscape check now and again, It is very thorough and will tell you if your original content is being nicked.

  6. #5
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Along with the aff programs, you can also report it to google.

    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...13&topic=15265

    Good luck.

  7. #6
    JimmyTheHat is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions ! Really appreciate it

  8. #7
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    report to google ! I second this, is instant death if your email is good ! They say hell to to mr sandbox
    "CasinoJack"


  9. #8
    Bently is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    You say suspect? Personally I would make absolutely sure before reporting it (if you are wrong it wouldn't look good.)

    I think if I was sure about it I would write to the webmaster first, expressing my concerns.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I've contacted the webmaster before and threatened legal action. That worked great the first time. The second time this happened to me i had to report it to google. Find their form, sign it, and then fed ex it to them.

  11. #10
    Trevor is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default What you can do.

    There are options. First look into site tools like Tynt’s Tracer. It reveals what content is being copied from your website and automatically adds an attribution link back to your original content if it is lifted from your site and pasted into an email, blog or website.

    Also, check plagiarism.com. Great suggestions here.

    Trevor
    Do you know what is being copied from your site?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor For This Useful Post:

    aksana (2 April 2009)

  13. #11
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    There are options. First look into site tools like Tynt’s Tracer. It reveals what content is being copied from your website and automatically adds an attribution link back to your original content if it is lifted from your site and pasted into an email, blog or website.

    Also, check plagiarism.com. Great suggestions here.

    Trevor
    Do you know what is being copied from your site?
    Thanks for the Tynt Tracer. I didn't know about such useful service.

  14. #12
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTheHat View Post
    Hi,

    I am a new webmater. I suspect someone might be stealing some content I spend literally weeks writing.

    What do I do?

    Thanks,

    Jimmy
    A link may help or has this been resolved? Content theft a huge problem in our bizz.

    greek39

  15. #13
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Submit a copyright claim to Google. Once approved, the URLs get removed within days.

    Sorry, had to bring up this old thread, because I got recently hit by a wave of Russian hard working webmasters, busy stealing content.

  16. #14
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    Submit a copyright claim to Google. Once approved, the URLs get removed within days.

    Sorry, had to bring up this old thread, because I got recently hit by a wave of Russian hard working webmasters, busy stealing content.
    Does copyright theft still affect? i havent seen any reports about it hurting sites for about half a decade or even more.


  17. #15
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    Does copyright theft still affect? i havent seen any reports about it hurting sites for about half a decade or even more.
    It doesn't.

  18. #16
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I think that it can and does still affect sites.

    Some of the larger sites with much higher traffic volumes may be less affected, but I do still see some sites that rank higher then the sites they steal content from on occasion, and many members here know and understand how it feels to have your content stolen.

    Rick
    Universal4

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (18 February 2020)

  20. #17
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Digging up an 11 year old thread, that's priceless

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (19 February 2020), universal4 (18 February 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •