Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Dedicated IP Address

    So I finally switch over to a dedicated IP address for my website www.ultimatepokerbonus.com . Not sure why I never did this in the past, but the reason for doing it was that I noticed some porn sites being hosted on the same address as mine and I've heard this can realy hurt your rankings.

    With that said, if I were hurt by these other sites, how long does anyone think it would take for the search engines to realize my site is no longer associated with these sites.

    Thanks
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    So I finally switch over to a dedicated IP address for my website www.ultimatepokerbonus.com . Not sure why I never did this in the past, but the reason for doing it was that I noticed some porn sites being hosted on the same address as mine and I've heard this can realy hurt your rankings.

    With that said, if I were hurt by these other sites, how long does anyone think it would take for the search engines to realize my site is no longer associated with these sites.

    Thanks
    Good decision! Though not sure about the ITA when search engines will discover your site isn't hosted in the same IP where a bunch of p o r n sites are hosted. But, I think, it might help if you could make your site a bit busy, never missing a single day to put up an update on blog or other areas of your site that can possibly be regularly updated. Fresh contents attract visits from crawling agents, IMO.

    Moreover, with my curious on your new dedicated IP, I tried checking if you're domain is really alone with the IP you choose. But, I am sorry, I found many. Or, are they all yours?

    You may want to try using the tool I am using to check domains under the same web server. Here is the link - http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/we...on-web-server/ - Just type in your domain name on the box and see other sites hosted on the same server as yours.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to best.hands For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (30 September 2010)

  4. #3
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    I found that link very useful. One of my domains is online-casinos-no-deposit-required.com

    Now, it's a crap site. I mean, it's REALLY crap. It's due for a complete overhaul at some point in the future. Anyway, I'm paying £15 a month for a dedicated IP on that one so I did a check with that tool and got:

    alwaniperfumes.co.uk
    db.zmbworld.co.uk
    desimedia.zmbworld.co.uk
    online-casinos-no-deposit-required.com
    www.online-casinos-no-deposit-required.com
    zmbworld.co.uk


    ZMB is the hosting company I'm using. Should they be there? Any what about that perfume thing??

  5. #4
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by best.hands View Post
    Moreover, with my curious on your new dedicated IP, I tried checking if you're domain is really alone with the IP you choose. But, I am sorry, I found many. Or, are they all yours?

    You may want to try using the tool I am using to check domains under the same web server. Here is the link - http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/we...on-web-server/ - Just type in your domain name on the box and see other sites hosted on the same server as yours.

    Very Intersenting! I used that tool as well and saw all the sites. The address my hosting company game me was 209.237.164.226 and when I put that in only my site comes up. But when I spell out www ultimatepokerbonus com I get all the sites and this tool even says there are explict sites. I guess I need to call my hosting company!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  6. #5
    best.hands is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    275
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FictionNet View Post
    ZMB is the hosting company I'm using. Should they be there? Any what about that perfume thing??
    Based on the purpose of the tool, it looks up domain names pointing to a common web server. I did nslookup your domain online-casinos-no-deposit-required.com using cmd prompt to verify the IP your domain is using (77.74.196.113). I then tried using the IP with the tool to check who else is using it and I got the same results which just show that your hosting provider and the perfume domain is using the same IP as yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    Very Intersenting! I used that tool as well and saw all the sites. The address my hosting company game me was 209.237.164.226 and when I put that in only my site comes up. But when I spell out www ultimatepokerbonus com I get all the sites and this tool even says there are explict sites. I guess I need to call my hosting company!
    If this IP 209.237.164.226 was given by your hosting company and your domain is using it, then it should come up when checking the IP. I tried it myself and the tool responded "No web sites found." Perhaps it is not yet (fully) configured?

    I did nslookup your domain as well to verify the current IP it is using, and I got this 209.237.150.20. Checking who else is using the same IP, the tool responded so many. You really have a story to tell your hosting company.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to best.hands For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (1 October 2010)

  8. #6
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by best.hands View Post

    I did nslookup your domain as well to verify the current IP it is using, and I got this 209.237.150.20. Checking who else is using the same IP, the tool responded so many. You really have a story to tell your hosting company.
    Yes - so frustrating. I sent about 4 tickets in now trying to get it corrected, I guess Ill have to pick up the phone and battle - ug.

    There are explict websites on the same IP address as mine! How much do you think this is hurting my site, and how long do you think it will take to no longer be associated with them?
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  9. #7
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    This happened to Pokershark once before where we were being confused with a porn site. What does it mean if your url sometimes says ftp instead of www for the beginning?

  10. #8
    arthurm's Avatar
    arthurm is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Chester, UK
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    This thread has got me nervous. Being a novice at SEO, I've never known that multiple sites with the same IP address is a problem. The template that I use is hosted by www.yola.com who have tens, if not hundreds of thousands of websites using the same IP address. Can someone tell me if this is a minor problem, no problem really, or totally disasterous for my sites.

    Arthur
    www.reviewonlinecasinos.co.uk

  11. #9
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLizzy View Post
    What does it mean if your url sometimes says ftp instead of www for the beginning?

    That's just another way to upload/FTP your site - via your browser.

  12. #10
    Simmo! is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 406 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Cross-reference if you missed this thread which you may find interesting.

  13. #11
    Joueraupoker's Avatar
    Joueraupoker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Location
    MALTA
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Dedicated IP Address on a mutual server is not the solution.

    Dedicated Server is the real solution. It's more expensive but it's a good invest for your business.

    Of course you will not have neighbors problem anymore but the real advantage is that Google trust more a website on a dedicated server as it trust more a domain name registered for many years...They are two signs of stability and serious.

    Some hosting companies can offer you, many dedicated IP address with C class differents on a same dedicated server.
    French Poker Affiliate & Italian Blackjack Affiliate

  14. #12
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joueraupoker View Post

    Some hosting companies can offer you, many dedicated IP address with C class differents on a same dedicated server.
    My ears pricked up at this. Do you have an example company who can do this for a 'reasonable' price?

  15. #13
    Joueraupoker's Avatar
    Joueraupoker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Location
    MALTA
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I use OVH it's a french hosting company.

    I don't know if they provide IP in UK, but for sure, in France, in Italy and in Germany.


    I pay a dedicate server 179€ per year + 10 euros per IP per year.
    French Poker Affiliate & Italian Blackjack Affiliate

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Joueraupoker For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (25 October 2010)

  17. #14
    Simmo! is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 406 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FictionNet View Post
    My ears pricked up at this. Do you have an example company who can do this for a 'reasonable' price?
    Depends what you call reasonable I use a Hostgator reseller package which is comes with various Class C's and IPs (you choose how many you want). Has WHM and cPanel on all accounts and I think it's good, however there are two things that I don't like:

    Firstly, if you screw up DNS (or lose it temporarily) you see a PPC page on your domain with Hostgator tags. Not cool. Also, because the server isn't dedicated per se, if you run a busy database (as I do on one domain) and it slows down the server through ineffective indexing (for example) they take it into their own hands to disable the database. They do tell you - quickly too - but after its been disabled which gave me problems with down time.

    Its understandable - after all you are killing other sites in that instance - but it's all rather sudden and if it was overnight your site would be screwed. Hence why I agree with Joueraupoker that a dedicated server would be ideal - but obviously more expensive.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simmo! For This Useful Post:

    elgoog (13 October 2010), FictionNet (25 October 2010)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •