Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gm2891 View Post
    It's weird about the flags as well. It i see gay flag in someones title, but no even one country flag anywhere ffs..
    Well, that fits in perfectly with Google's real agenda as far as I am concerned.

  2. #22
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,163
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Well, that fits in perfectly with Google's real agenda as far as I am concerned.
    What is their "real" agenda? Here's me thinking it was search results.

  3. #23
    getcasinobonusuk is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I've never been able to shake the feeling that they negatively impact rankings, although Google have outwardly said they don't. Some interesting views on here regarding CTR through, given me food for thought.

  4. #24
    coupdepoker's Avatar
    coupdepoker is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    In my opinion, it improves the CTR when the page fits, meaning that a dollar emoji for the bonus page will do the job, not for every single page on the website. You can also use signs like ①

  5. #25
    artrust99's Avatar
    artrust99 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 68 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    IMHO, emojis are great for social media, but not for the site. For sure it draws attention, but on the other hand, I want to read some good descriptions in the snippets.

  6. #26
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,458
    Thanks
    9,170
    Thanked 3,007 Times in 2,219 Posts

    Default

    I don't use emojis and I have no intention at all of doing so. They just don't seem business like to me, it doesn't give a serious impression about business and being professional about your work, imo.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 1 June 2021 at 3:55 pm.

  7. #27
    CHIC21's Avatar
    CHIC21 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Only to increase the attractiveness of the snippet and CTR

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    I don't use emojis and I have no intention at all of doing so. They just don't seem business like to me, it doesn't give a serious impression about business and being professional about your work, imo.

  8. #28
    meinecasinoerfahrung is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2021
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    We usually only use emojis in the meta title & description, however, we have noticed that Google is not using our emojis in the SERP anymore. If you want to use emojis I would advice to use some A/B-testing.

  9. #29
    CHIC21's Avatar
    CHIC21 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    There was a time when the emoji was lost)) and then the site was full of triangles and squares.)

  10. #30
    rockhudson is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    just a/b test it on your site (choose few pages and add emoji for 1-2 months), then check profit/loss

  11. #31
    The SOHO is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2021
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I do not use emoji on articles.
    But I use emoji on social media.

  12. #32
    casinoadcent is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2021
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I don't use it because I don't think it's effective.

  13. #33
    haraldborg is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2021
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Personaqlly I don't like them,

    Do they boost the CTR? Debatable
    Do they boost the rankings? In my opinion - NO

    Good luck,

    Harald

  14. #34
    robmiller84's Avatar
    robmiller84 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2022
    Location
    US
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Yes, I use emojis in the meta tags. I see the tendency that Google and users prefer clicking on the snippets with colorful and enticing titles. Besides, most webmasters add emojis to table of contents, so Goole add them to snippets too.

  15. #35
    Online Casino Walker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2022
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    In recent years, simple and easy-to-understand text is preferred over pictograms and fancy stamps.

  16. #36
    rich1788's Avatar
    rich1788 is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    February 2022
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    No, I never sue emojis.

  17. #37
    peter-burton's Avatar
    peter-burton is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2022
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    We've ran some tests and it seems to be different per country. For example in the UK people didn't like emojis that much while in the US it increased the CTR big time (which eventually caused our rankings to go up).

  18. #38
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Great topic & question.

    From my own experiments, performed on small, medium and big traffic websites I've found out that:


    • using simple & basic emoticons improve the CTR.
    • rankings have improved over time.
    • user experience on websites was slightly better - compared to not using emoticons at all.


    The emoticons where implemented on:


    • meta descriptions across the website
    • page titles
    • inside content / articles


    Example of emoticons used for page title & meta description:


    It's important to try it for yourself, and see how it goes. But I have one recommendation: do not over-use emoticons (meaning don't add 5-10 emoticons into a short text).

    As you can see in the screenshot, I've used 2 emoticons for Page Title, and 2 emoticons for Meta Description. I would surely not over do it...
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to CasinosBroker For This Useful Post:

    PaulEchere (18 February 2022)

  20. #39
    Randy Ray's Avatar
    Randy Ray is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 58 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    I never even think about using emojis when I'm o a page, mostly because I never see any results in Google with emojis in the titles or descriptions. I suspect that if emojis were useful for improving clickthrough rates, I'd see them more often in the SERPs.
    Randy Ray

    A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving. -Lao Tzu

  21. #40
    gm2891's Avatar
    gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 172 Times in 116 Posts

    Default

    They only give a significant difference in CTR if your page is ranking #1-3. Otherwise they're useless, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •