View Poll Results: Do you have a full-time job in addition to being an affiliate?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a full-time job in addition to being an affiliate

    37 50.68%
  • No, I do not have a full-time job in addition to being an affiliate.

    36 49.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55
  1. #21
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    True, but first you've got to work hard or you have to have serious money to invest and let people work from scratch on. I think working hard is not the wrong way, but working hard for years definitely is. The beginning is always hard I guess, but from time to time I hope to be able to let more and more work to other people. Actually I've started with that. I got now somebody working for me. It's some next step after I took the step to invest a lot of time and energy in starting something.

    Not so many people were able to start from scratch on some business that is running very well without the need of the owner to put a lot of time on it. A lot of people also stay in the modus "working their ass of 70 hours a week". They missed somewhere the moment that they should profit more of the work of other people or sell their business and look for something else.
    Very true, I find a lot of the work I did was at the start, that was when I was doing 60-80 hour weeks. I was still learning, everything I was doing was the FIRST time, e.g. setting up book-keeping, admin, accountants, VAT, plus all the website setup, VPS setups, finding good server companies to work with, finding the best affiliate programs to work with, finding out how best to organise myself, ongoing learning about SEO, conversions etc. There was such a massive learning curve in my first year full time that I just HAD to work those hours to get all the work done I needed to do.

    Nowadays I do 30-40 hours a week unless there is something massive coming like a world cup in which I might do some more specific stuff for that takes longer. You have to work hard at the start to get the easy life later. There's no real shortcuts. I guess it all depends on your ambition levels though, if you get to £25k a year and just wana be lazy then you can in this industry.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (4 July 2015), Triple7 (5 July 2015)

  3. #22
    Ejames is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
    I ended up becoming a full time affiliate because I was made redundant from my job.

    I had tried to set things up alongside my full time job, but just couldn't dedicate the time or have the motivation to make a good go at it.

    The redundancy was a good thing as I got enough of a payoff to last me a year if I really cut back. So thats what I did, I gave it my best shot and decided that if I wasn't making money within a year I would go back to what I knew.

    Fortunately I started making some income after 6 months. The redundancy has now gone and after 2 years I now have an income similar to what I had when I lost my job.

    I'm much happier now I'm in control of what I do and when I do it. I don't work crazy hours, having a good work life balance is very important to me, but when i work i work hard. One of the best things is that I'm learning new skills which I love.

    If my earnings were half of what they are I wouldn't go back. I'm not motivated by money, being happy is my motivation and it just so happens that I'm now an affiliate, I could easily be as happy doing something else where I wasn't a slave to the corporate wage.
    What was your job before you were made redundant if you don't mind me asking?

  4. #23
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,362
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,108
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Working full-time for the last 3 years, used to work less before that, but as time passes work increases, more tasks, more competition so in order to stay in the race there is no other choice but keep pushing and find more ways to do same tasks more efficiently.

  5. #24
    nwalker's Avatar
    nwalker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 456 Times in 270 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ejames View Post
    What was your job before you were made redundant if you don't mind me asking?
    I worked in IT for the last 30 years. primarily on the Service Delivery and Support side. My last role was as IT Director.
    Sold www.livecasinocomparer.com in April 2025 - Now retired

  6. #25
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    I left a nice cozy high paying job in in 2010 to be an affiliate full time and never looked back.. I have an issue of developing tools to do the work of a few people, this is usually good buy have been known to spend two weeks on a script to save myself 15 hours so its not always the best. But creating is what I enjoy so that time is good. Nothing better than taking a family vacation whenever you want as well
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  7. #26
    dmunro91 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    How many hours do the part time people put into their affiliate work per week?

  8. #27
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    I work like 100 hours weekly, sometimes even more. For years. No hollydays, weekends are the busiest times. So 3x fulltime job for me.
    There is nothing like 4 hour work week, only in GTD porn. There is no way I can cut the time to half and have just half a revenue. It is more like that when I add 10% of my time, my revenue doubles. Sometimes I wish that all gamble would disappear and I can finally retire. But I would be probably doing travel websites or deal drugs at darkmarkets
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  9. #28
    MrBinaryAff's Avatar
    MrBinaryAff is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    743
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 231 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmunro91 View Post
    How many hours do the part time people put into their affiliate work per week?
    Depends. Usually around 8-15 hours a week as I only do administrative work and give task to others.
    My website: http://mrbinary.co.uk/

    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrBinaryAff
    Like my pictures on Instagram: https://instagram.com/mrbinary

  10. #29
    RajitPatel is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Times have changed and so has this industry. Lots of people ran successful part-time affiliate sites a few years ago but in the last three years this has become increasingly difficult. I think the main driver of this is that there are fewer shortcuts nowadays and generating lots of quality content of course takes lots of time and effort.

    This isn't to say that it can't be done by the lucky few who come up with an ingenious idea that no-one else has thought of!

  11. #30
    hitmyjackpot.com is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes of course and I still don't have enough time.

  12. #31
    LeeGwilliam's Avatar
    LeeGwilliam is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 44 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Strange one for me as I work for an affiliate marketing company rather than being an affiliate myself, though I do have other projects, I tend to spend around 50-60 hours a week working in my main role if I average over the year.

  13. #32
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I used to work full time and work on my affiliate business after work or during work when the boss wasn't looking.

    At the start of this year I took the plunge to leave full time employment and take some freelance SEO work alongside my website. My daughter was born around the same time so it was a pretty crazy few months.

    Not sitting in an office from 9-5 and being able to spend my time working from home and with my wife and daughter is the best decision I've ever made.

    My freelancing still pays the bulk of my bills and I'm not sure if I'll ever be a full time affiliate but we'll see where the future goes!

  14. #33
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    9,155
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I’m flat out working only as a full time casino affiliate. There’s really no time for anything else to do and the competition in our industry isn’t getting any easier as more people are joining our business, that’s for sure.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (2 October 2018)

  16. #34
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,362
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,108
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    I’m flat out working only as a full time casino affiliate. There’s really no time for anything else to do and the competition in our industry isn’t getting any easier as more people are joining our business, that’s for sure.
    Same here, I was working 2-3 years back only 4 days a week but full time is the only option now, no time for anything else

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (2 October 2018)

  18. #35
    casinozoekmachine's Avatar
    casinozoekmachine is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Yes i have a Fulltime job in Real Estate addition to being an affiliate! Pushing it very hard to make it to finally quit my day job. Including my work as an affiliate i work 70 hours a week. I love being an affiliate and i have set my mind on this.

    I don't like doing things have way. The hours spend, fly by. Recently i got a someone aboard writing freelance for my portal. He is a good help. But besides that i do everything myself, because my portal = like my famliy, im the only one who is the most devoted!
    Casino experts » Het beste assortiment casino's van Nederland » Casinozoekmachine.com
    Twitter: @BasNood Instagram: basvannood GPWA Magazine Interview: Issue 42

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to casinozoekmachine For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (4 October 2018)

  20. #36
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    I was working 2-3 years back only 4 days a week but full time is the only option now
    If it's any comforting thought going forward... If 100 new affiliates came to the GPWA tomorrow, there'd only be 2 or 3 left after 12 months. As we all know, being a gambling affiliate is hard work, and long hours. Competition is high for sure, but with how Google swings, and the fact it can't seem to get a handle on the 'WP Hackers', we all have to work even harder to out rank the crap, and worse, scrapers who steal our content etc.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    casinozoekmachine (4 October 2018)

  22. #37
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,362
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,108
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    If it's any comforting thought going forward... If 100 new affiliates came to the GPWA tomorrow, there'd only be 2 or 3 left after 12 months. As we all know, being a gambling affiliate is hard work, and long hours. Competition is high for sure, but with how Google swings, and the fact it can't seem to get a handle on the 'WP Hackers', we all have to work even harder to out rank the crap, and worse, scrapers who steal our content etc.
    Agreed, it's becoming more and more demanding and harder to stay above water for a long term in this business... but I'm sure other business and fields has their own problems

  23. #38
    Opeas1970 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Work full time. Gotta tell you, it aint easy holding anything else down as a full time worker. Let alone this

  24. #39
    best5-casinos.com is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2018
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes I work full time, I spend a lot of time to learn new things.

  25. #40
    Former Member 13 is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    November 2020
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I worked inoffice when I started to being an affiliate because It was hard to earn moneyfrom affiliate soon.

    And Istudied about affiliate every time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •