Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Jeepers Creepers's Avatar
    Jeepers Creepers is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Question Does a "Table of Contents" actually improves your on-page SEO?

    Hey there!

    I see a lot of sites use a Table of contents in their pages as shown here: hxxps://www.casino-utan-svensk-licens .net/
    But i was wondering if it actually improves your on-page SEO score and is it really necessary to implement in your websites.

    Let me know your thought on this.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Back in the old days before xml sitemaps were a "thing" I do think they were more effective.

    Now, IMO they are really effective if there if there are logical reasons to draw visitors to them, maybe as in to present specific sections of your site. But simply to create a page that links to all the pages in the site for no other reason, that is what the xml sitemap should do.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    A table of contents can improve your SEO, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to include one. It depends on your site and the amount and complexity of its content. If your site does not have much information and everything revolves around the same topic, a table of contents is unnecessary and might even be distracting.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to NoDepositCasinos For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (16 April 2024)

  5. #4
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    I think the OP was refering to a TOC within an article that links to various headings within that article.

    I think they work great on lengthy articles, as long as you don't list every heading, maybe H2 only.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    bi6liotekar (17 April 2024), universal4 (17 April 2024)

  7. #5
    idanbraun is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluukb View Post
    Hey there!

    I see a lot of sites use a Table of contents in their pages as shown here: hxxps://www.casino-utan-svensk-licens .net/
    But i was wondering if it actually improves your on-page SEO score and is it really necessary to implement in your websites.

    Let me know your thought on this.

    Cheers
    Google will see the Tables Of Contents in your website's pages and posts and it may improve your site's SERP. Google also may add Jump To Links in the SERP, when it find out a Tables Of Contents in your website's pages and posts.

  8. #6
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluukb View Post
    Hey there!

    I see a lot of sites use a Table of contents in their pages as shown here: hxxps://www.casino-utan-svensk-licens .net/
    But i was wondering if it actually improves your on-page SEO score and is it really necessary to implement in your websites.

    Let me know your thought on this.

    Cheers
    The website is blocked here (Spain). So I'll speak in general.
    It will not have impact on short articles. If it would be a long article it might help Google to do the effort to analyze the whole article and get a better overview of what it is about.

  9. #7
    Jeepers Creepers's Avatar
    Jeepers Creepers is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDepositCasinos View Post
    A table of contents can improve your SEO, but I wouldn't say it's necessary to include one. It depends on your site and the amount and complexity of its content. If your site does not have much information and everything revolves around the same topic, a table of contents is unnecessary and might even be distracting.
    Agreed.

    As you can see i implemented a TOC toggle on the right side of the page ( https://cryptospielen. com/bitcoin-casinos/ ), but the only thing is as you can see the #links have different names than the heading its ment, for unlike the example i used in this thread. Due do the page builder i'm using. Does that matters do you think or?

  10. #8
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    The website is blocked here (Spain). So I'll speak in general.
    It will not have impact on short articles. If it would be a long article it might help Google to do the effort to analyze the whole article and get a better overview of what it is about.
    Probably just easier for the person reading the article, which Google likes. It would take Google a millisecond to read a lengthy article.

  11. #9
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Even though there might be correlation between good rankings and the presence of a TOC - I don't necessarily think there is causation.

    What you see when you go through well-ranking websites (though not all of them and not everywhere) is that they try to do as much as possible to improve their content and in some cases that involved adding a TOC.

    From my own experience, I once went the route of adding a TOC almost everywhere and it had no visible effect on my rankings, yet it did have a negative effect on the clicks my affiliate links get.
    Generally I want a person to visit my page, find what they want quickly (usually the most relevant information is right around the top of the page) and follow my link to set up an account with a bookie.

    That TOC experiment I had reduced the number of clicks because now a large portion of the page's top, especially on mobile, was occupied by a TOC, which most readers (let's be frank) aren't interested in.


    Now, I still use something akin to a TOC, but in moderation. I usually have several TOC-ish links around the top of the page, that would lead to the places most people might want to see and also places from where they get sent to a bookie. All the main content I want the user to see first is there and is visible as soon as they open the page.

  12. #10
    Jeepers Creepers's Avatar
    Jeepers Creepers is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulEchere View Post
    Even though there might be correlation between good rankings and the presence of a TOC - I don't necessarily think there is causation.

    What you see when you go through well-ranking websites (though not all of them and not everywhere) is that they try to do as much as possible to improve their content and in some cases that involved adding a TOC.

    From my own experience, I once went the route of adding a TOC almost everywhere and it had no visible effect on my rankings, yet it did have a negative effect on the clicks my affiliate links get.
    Generally I want a person to visit my page, find what they want quickly (usually the most relevant information is right around the top of the page) and follow my link to set up an account with a bookie.

    That TOC experiment I had reduced the number of clicks because now a large portion of the page's top, especially on mobile, was occupied by a TOC, which most readers (let's be frank) aren't interested in.


    Now, I still use something akin to a TOC, but in moderation. I usually have several TOC-ish links around the top of the page, that would lead to the places most people might want to see and also places from where they get sent to a bookie. All the main content I want the user to see first is there and is visible as soon as they open the page.
    I get what you mean! and i makes sense.

    I added a collapsable TOC in the right corner: https://cryptospielen. com/bitcoin-casinos/
    And i have a secondary menu/TOC-ish links at the bottom of the top section of the review page: https://cryptospielen. com/casino/betpanda/

    I don't know if it has any impact on the rankings but i do think it's a nice feature for user experience.

  13. #11
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    There was a big thread on twitter about this from Danny sullivan with reagrds to TOC https://www.seroundtable.com/reddit-...son-37152.html it's pretty vague like most things


  14. #12
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Having a Table of Content helps a bit in the overall SEO strategy, but it doesn't do miracles.
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  15. #13
    big fish is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,425
    Blog Entries
    32
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 133 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    Yes 100%
    - Big Fish - Founder of Wagerz.org, CasinoOnline.us & SportsGambling.us

    1. https://wagerz.org: Discover the best legal US online gambling sites for real money play. Wagerz is a United States online casinos and sports betting guide.

    2. https://sportsgambling.us: Find USA sports betting websites that are legal and licensed in the United States of America.

    3. https://casinoonline.us: Compare the top USA online casinos with fact-checked reviews of legal casino sites for American players.

  16. #14
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Without any doubt it does.

    hxxps://nerdnarrow.com/blogs/local-seo-experts-the-woodland-tips-tricks-to-use/does-table-for-contents-affect-seo

  17. #15
    filip-holub's Avatar
    filip-holub is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    April 2024
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes. If you have a lot of content on the page, you should add them. If your site is on WordPress, there are plugins that allow you to automatically generate a Table of Contents based on the headings in your text.

  18. #16
    CasinoMarketingShop's Avatar
    CasinoMarketingShop is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    June 2024
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes - Google loves helpful, informative, well structured data.

  19. #17
    Balazs-Kovacs is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2024
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    From my experience it does help yes

  20. #18
    Noomieriksson is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I think adding a TOC can definitely be a smart move for your site. It helps users find what they’re looking for quickly, which keeps them engaged and help users find their answer faster. Google also appreciate the structure a TOC brings, making it easier for them to understand and rank your content.

    It’s not absolutely necessary, but if you have longer or more detailed pages, a TOC can make a big difference in how user-friendly your content is. I’d say it’s worth adding if it fits your content.

  21. #19
    Kacper Glowacki is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2025
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I add TOC for large articles. I have come to the conclusion that it helps in ranking the page. It has long been known that Google loves structured articles, so why not add a table of contents. I have WP but I can't install the extension for automatic adding, so I add it manually

  22. #20
    Jacksonss's Avatar
    Jacksonss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2025
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I always use TOC on my sites (especially in long articles). The best plugin in my opinion is LuckyWP Table of Contents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •