Does yahoo convert for you for european players? I have had some good rankings lately in yahoo and it hasnt really brought in many players but more downloads has it converted for any of you?
Does yahoo convert for you for european players? I have had some good rankings lately in yahoo and it hasnt really brought in many players but more downloads has it converted for any of you?
Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com
I really never had good conversions with yahoo for my target keywords. I determined this when I had a new site that had top ranking for a keyword phrase, and a similar site ranked in google's serps for the same keyword phrase had higher conversions. Not a conclusive study or extensive.
Regardless, I'd say that Google converts for me better per unique user.
Hi Rob3786,
Are you targetting a certain region/country in Europe?
In Spain, for instance, google.es is the main search engine that players use.
My stats are running about 95% Google, 5% others, including Yahoo! so not converting that well.
The traffic referrals are about the same, but, maybe because my SEO efforts are all geared towards Google.
same for me...almost zero traffic from yahoo :-/
I guess google works the best for all of us.
Ranking position page 1 position 2 for high roller slots but not bringing in many players I always expected yahoo to still bring in players, maybe that day will change if msn take it over.
Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com
Same escenario here guys, google converts much better than anybody else, and brings most of the traffic.
How is your experience with live.com(MSN)?? A while ago, I had several sites that ranked really well in MSN. I think Microsoft is going to make a big move into SE market. Let's see if they can buy Yahoo.
C'ya all!!!
Me too. I used to have very high placement for some great keywords in MSN, but 0 conversions and very little traffic when compared to Google (conversions per unique visitor).
I also noticed that MSN really favors new sites with fresh links, They don't give as much weight to authority sites.
It seems like yahoo has many more blackhat seo'ed sites then google or msn. Could this also have to do with its low conversion rates?