Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Fair or not

  1. #1
    infopoker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Fair or not

    I have the following issue with one of the affiliate programs.

    I have some high value players and I had the unpleasant surprise to see some of them had some minus in side games. I spoke to them to see if they play side games and I had a big surprise. They didn't played side games, at least not that day. I asked them and told me they won some money in some promotions (like rake races, sitngo races etc).

    I'm ok to share the costs for any bonuses given (like reload deposits, cash in exchange for points) but it's fair to share the costs for the poker room's promotions ?

    What's happening if one day they decide to make a $500k promotion and one of my players for example win $100k generating only $30k revenue ? , I will lose if I have for example 30% rs, I will lose $21k ?

    What to do, when they make a promotion, don't promote, try to hide from players ?

    But what was the most intriguing part. They put the money in side games, not like bonuses. Because normally I check each player to see what bonuses get's and if I see are some big amounts I double check to see what's about.

    I would appreciate your reply's on this issue. Thanks

  2. #2
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Depending on the site, as you have not told us the network... it does hit your revenues as a negative when the players are awarded a bonus (in some cases) and if they earn a level of a rake race and are paid out. I have seen this happen many times with Merge Poker sites. If this is a Merge room you are asking about, most of the rooms fence the side games (BJ, Carr. Stud, Video Poker, etc) from your poker rev share. You may wish to bring the matter to your AM and see what the response is.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  3. #3
    infopoker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    I speak about a general sitngo race open for all players (not only for my players), on the entire poker poker room.

    Let's say they they make a $50k sitngo race and my player finish on 2nd place , and receive $10k. It's normal to pay 30% from this amount of money, $3k ?

    I didn't gave the name of the room/network as I want a general opinion on this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •