Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default Feel good to be back again!

    Hello everybody! This is my first post here this year. Quite a few things happened which kept me away from the best forum of the world. The worst of them was that I had to shut down my portal Online Casino Newsroom after it had a second hacker attack spreading malware all over the site triggering a google warning that this is now a high-risk site, an exact duplication of the first attack last September which had brought down the traffic to near zero. I knew this will also happen this time, and since it was the same russian site that attacked again, I decided to give up after I was told that if the attack is repeated by the same source, it is very likely that the attacks will be repeated again.
    The site is gone, but I still had the domain and wanted to park it. Renee suggested I should park it on their domain parking site and get any clicks directed to their casinos. I did that and started using my twitter account to do regular promotion using the direct text links to the casinos I still have as affiliate partner.
    But all this was not enough for me. At the same time I did not feel like launching a new site with a different domain again. Somebody suggested I should start a blog. Well, that's exactly what I have done. A few days back I started the blog The Gamblogger - A Gambling Blog. I feel lot better now although I think I will have to learn a few things about blogging since I never did it before. I don't mind if I can get some expert tips here.
    By the way, I am of course looking for some good baclinks asap. I am thinking of offering a deal for a short period, about 4 weeks:
    For a link from a PR3 or higher site I will accept a weekly blog entry with one or two backlinks. The content can be a casino review, game review, promo, tournament news or whatever.

    Is this a good idea?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nandakishore For This Useful Post:

    MichaelCorfman (18 May 2011)

  3. #2
    graham's Avatar
    graham is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts

    Default

    Since you asked, NO I don't really think it is a good idea as your blog will look too spammy if it is going to contain a bunch of posts by other webmasters to be used just for links. To create a good blog you should focus on creating quality content first. It's not that hard to get that content out there and eventually things will follow.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to graham For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  5. #3
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    welcome back !
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Puma For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  7. #4
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Good to have you back Nan! As a welcome home gift, I will give you a PR3 link to your new creation. Just PM me the preferred anchor text and I'll get it set up. I wish nothing in return, it is a gift.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  9. #5
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight Cat For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  11. #6
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked 306 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back Nanda!!!!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to elgoog For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  13. #7
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Hi Nanda!

    Great to have you back. I was wondering why we hadn't seen you around lately. Sorry to hear about your troubles though.
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to wagerjunction For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  15. #8
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chips View Post
    Good to have you back Nan! As a welcome home gift, I will give you a PR3 link to your new creation. Just PM me the preferred anchor text and I'll get it set up. I wish nothing in return, it is a gift.
    That's great! I will PM the anchor text. But I wont mind having also a small text from you with backlink. I know you will never spam.

  16. #9
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Glad to have you back!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (17 May 2011)

  18. #10
    theGman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 285 Times in 174 Posts

    Default Site malware

    nanda have you tried moving hosting - i had this same issue and moved hosting and have never had it again. It seems such a pity to loose a site and all that hard work. no disrespet to Rewards and their offer of parking it but it deserves a lot more me thinks.

    I am assuming that you still have the site and all the content. Let me know - i am sure myself and my team will be able to take a look at it and sort it out for you.

    Let me know if you are interested - we ask for nothing in return btw

  19. #11
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theGman View Post
    nanda have you tried moving hosting - i had this same issue and moved hosting and have never had it again. It seems such a pity to loose a site and all that hard work. no disrespet to Rewards and their offer of parking it but it deserves a lot more me thinks.

    I am assuming that you still have the site and all the content. Let me know - i am sure myself and my team will be able to take a look at it and sort it out for you.

    Let me know if you are interested - we ask for nothing in return btw
    That's a very generous offer. But the site was constructed using the CMS Typo3. Are you familiar with this CMS? Otherwise it will be too much work.

    In any case, many many thanks for your great offer.

  20. #12
    Louis - Income Access's Avatar
    Louis - Income Access is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    679
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 302 Times in 170 Posts

    Default

    Hey Nanda!

    Welcome back.

    You should write an article for the Income Access blog about your experience being hacked (what happened, how you dealt with it, what you learned) and we can obviously include a link from the blog (page rank 3, though I don't think page rank is really the ultimate evaluator in link juice these days).

    PM me if you're interested.

    Also, glad to see you're back in the game, despite the adversity. I dedicate this to you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96sFW-3vGv4

    Cheers

  21. #13
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post
    Hello everybody!
    You know.. i have you on my Facebook.. but i have never ... ever.... said hello - hello!

    Everyone else.. add me.. or be square.. or round.. which ever one takes your fancy!

    http://www.facebook.com/rakesh.karan

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to rak For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011)

  23. #14
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post
    That's great! I will PM the anchor text. But I wont mind having also a small text from you with backlink. I know you will never spam.
    You are all set. No worries on a backlink, if you take a fancy to add one at some time go ahead... This was just a small random act of kindness to improve our world!
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011)

  25. #15
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Great to have you back Nando.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011)

  27. #16
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Louis - Income Access View Post
    Hey Nanda!

    Welcome back.

    You should write an article for the Income Access blog about your experience being hacked (what happened, how you dealt with it, what you learned) and we can obviously include a link from the blog (page rank 3, though I don't think page rank is really the ultimate evaluator in link juice these days).

    PM me if you're interested.

    Also, glad to see you're back in the game, despite the adversity. I dedicate this to you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96sFW-3vGv4

    Cheers
    Hi Louis,

    That's a good idea about writing something about my hacker experience for the Income Access Blog and get a backlink. I will do it asap.

    By the way, I can't access the youtube stuff. I get the message: This video has content from SME, which is not available in your country (i.e. Germany).

    What is an SME? The only SME I know stands for Small and Medium Enterprises.

  28. #17
    Louis - Income Access's Avatar
    Louis - Income Access is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    679
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 302 Times in 170 Posts

    Default

    hahaha it was a rap video for Jay Z's "Can't Knock The Hustle", I wouldn't worry too much about it.. It was just a joke..

    Good news about the blog. Do you want me to give you some questions to help guide you in your writing?

    Let's take this conversation off GPWA... I will email you now.

    Cheers

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Louis - Income Access For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011)

  30. #18
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,363
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,108
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back Nanda

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011)

  32. #19
    Webzcas's Avatar
    Webzcas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    1,395
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 409 Posts

    Default

    Do you still have the site Online Casino Newsroom. If so you should sign up to sucuri.net. Make it live on the domain again and give these guys root access. They will remove any and all malware and also find and identify any backdoors and subsquently remove them. Moving forward, as part of the subscription they will continually monitor your site for malware.

    These guys are extremely good. They sorted out the problem with AGD last year ( Andy can vouch for this ) and I use their monitoring service on several of my sites.
    Exit stage left

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Webzcas For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (18 May 2011), Renee (18 May 2011)

  34. #20
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back! Too bad to hear about your site being hacked. It's really too bad. My own site was hacked 6 months ago. All google traffic was redirected to an animal porn site. It was the most offensive thing that I could ever imagine!. I still can't get the images of group animal love out of my mind. I'll laugh about it one day, but no time soon.

    I think it was a competitor trying to knock the site off the SERPS. That could be what happened to you.

    Best of luck on your new site!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •