Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Kafkaesque is offline New Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Getting approved

    Hi all.

    First time poster after having a look around. Great stuff on here. Can't wait to exchange views and experiences with everyone.

    So, just starting out and looking to give this thing a serious go. I've gotten as far as buying my domain and setting up the website with the basic template and the pages, the site needs...without adding content just yet. I went to Bet365's affiliate site and saw that it could be up to five days for them to approve an application, so I figured, I would apply immidiately and start adding content while waiting those (up to) five days, so that I'd be able to plot banners etc. in as soon as possible. I pretty quickly got a reply that my application had been declined.

    This may have been naive on my part, but I was under the clear impression (or illussion, it would seem) that getting this approval would be a formality, and it was only a question of them trying to stop sites clearly scamming or exploiting their brand or trademarked name in the domain or elsewhere.

    Thus, my very freshman question is: Should I expect that the rejection of my application is merely down to my site having no content at the time of applying? Or has it generally become harder to be allowed being an affiliate partner (or even, always been that way)?

  2. #2
    Theratman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2016
    Location
    South Africa & EU
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Yes, you need something to show them before you will approve you in my experience. Once you've got some solid content try it again.

  3. #3
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    bet365 are fussier than most. So you'll need to prove to them that you have a decent site with good content before they approve your application.

  4. #4
    rogerc's Avatar
    rogerc is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    gold coast australia
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    My site was declined because I am promoting slots. Unfortunately in Australia the only product available is Sports therefore Bet365 would not see how my site would attract clients.

  5. #5
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Most other programs will approve you without a site, especially if you tell them the situation. Try another and see how you get on.

  6. #6
    Trusted is offline New Member
    Join Date
    December 2016
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    bet365 are fussier than most. So you'll need to prove to them that you have a decent site with good content before they approve your application.
    What exactly constitutes good content?

    Before we get approved are we allowed to put their banners on?
    If we do so, are we setting ourselves up for a fall?

    Sorry to sound simplistic but I am a real noobie here and don't want to put in an application unless I know it will go through.

  7. #7
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trusted View Post
    What exactly constitutes good content?
    Before we get approved are we allowed to put their banners on?
    I would recommend not doing so. You would basically be using their materials without permission so I would refrain from that. You could leave a spacer or blank spot in your website in lieu of a banner so when you do get approved you can quickly add them.

    Also, in the rare event someone would click their banner, you would not be receive credit for it. I say rare since your website is new and probably not getting many visitors yet. Get your website to a point it adds some value to your visitors and resubmit your application. You should not have any trouble then.

    Good luck with your website and welcome to the community!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TravG For This Useful Post:

    Trusted (7 December 2016)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •