PaulEchere is online now Private Member
    Thanks

Default Are Google ads an option?

Hi,

As I know Google doesn't allow any gambling related ads and I have heard on countless occasions, that Google ads is not an option for gambling / betting affiliate sites. Yet I was still curious to raise this here, perhaps anyone had some experience finding and using different workarounds to benefit from Google ads if it is worth it at all, of course.

baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

Google do allow gambling ads, loads of people do it. There are a few hoops to jump through and you're only allowed to do it in countries where it's regulated. Eg: UK.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It could be a great option if at your target market gambling is legalized. Check your competitors and make a decision is it worth it or not. See what I found for Nigeria market - https://prnt.sc/wnj9nx

chaumi is online now Private Member
    Thanks

First step Paul would be take some of your target keywords that you think you might run campaigns on and see if ads come up from your competitors.

I just ran 'betting sites' in Google.ng and a whole bunch came up (although I don't know if I'm only seeing them because I'm in UK_.

Now that doesn't prove those sites are getting conversions..but it does mean they probably are. The best way to be sure is note the sites you see...and if they're still running ads in a month then possibly they are making more than it costs them in clicks.

I don't know cost of clicks in Nigeria so it's possible (if clicks costs are low) that those sites could run campaigns at a loss just for visibility purposes.

If you decide to do it think very carefully about which keywords you bid on...you probably want to be thinking which ones are most likely to convert against which ones searchers are looking for out of curiosity.

Thanks

Thanks everyone, there indeed is something to think about here.

Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    First step Paul would be take some of your target keywords that you think you might run campaigns on and see if ads come up from your competitors.

I just ran 'betting sites' in Google.ng and a whole bunch came up (although I don't know if I'm only seeing them because I'm in UK_.

Now that doesn't prove those sites are getting conversions..but it does mean they probably are. The best way to be sure is note the sites you see...and if they're still running ads in a month then possibly they are making more than it costs them in clicks.

I don't know cost of clicks in Nigeria so it's possible (if clicks costs are low) that those sites could run campaigns at a loss just for visibility purposes.

If you decide to do it think very carefully about which keywords you bid on...you probably want to be thinking which ones are most likely to convert against which ones searchers are looking for out of curiosity.
    @chaumi just out of curiosity, what ad results do show up when you run that search on google ng? I personally live in a place where gambling ads are not permitted, and even when I search with a Nigerian VPN I still don't see any.

Thanks

Name:  bettingsitesNG.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  52.9 KBName:  sportsbettingNG.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  58.7 KB

You're probably right. I'm searching 'betting sites' and 'sports betting' I'm definitely on Google.ng..but I've got a big suspicion it's returning UK results because of where I am

Thanks

Bartsbigbet is offline New Member
    Thanks

We advertised in the UK, IE and DK for a while. Too much competition and as an affiliate difficult to earn money that way.

Tex Holdem Questions is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I would expect the CPC very high and not worth it. I notice it's used but like previous poster said, probably run at a loss and used for brand awareness.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Holdem Questions View Post
    I would expect the CPC very high and not worth it. I notice it's used but like previous poster said, probably run at a loss and used for brand awareness.
    Yes the CPC will be high...and if you see big brand names they will probably/possibly be doing it for brand awareness....

But if you consistently see 10bestpairsofpants.com in the ads with a CPC of /$/€20 ....you can be pretty sure they are selling lots of pairs of /$/€25 or higher pants!