Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    diana's Avatar
    diana is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default dead link checker tool

    Hi everyone
    It's been long time since I have visit this forum. I was enjoying a long vication with my son at my home land. I was wondering if any of you guys have a good dead-link checker tool, since the one I allways use http://www.dead-links.com doesnt work any more.
    cheers
    live life at its best

    new bingo sites


  2. #2
    gamblingbutler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    vienna
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diana View Post
    Hi everyone
    It's been long time since I have visit this forum. I was enjoying a long vication with my son at my home land. I was wondering if any of you guys have a good dead-link checker tool, since the one I allways use http://www.dead-links.com doesnt work any more.
    cheers
    www.linktiger.com

    was recommended to me recently by a friend. Don't know though if it is any good but you can check it out and see for yourself.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamblingbutler For This Useful Post:

    Nandakishore (28 May 2010), Vrindavan (27 May 2010)

  4. #3
    dhayman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I like and use XENU. It's free and public domain. It is very efficient and generates meaningful reports. It allows you to crawl through all sub-folders, in a given domain. Google "XENU", to find it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhayman For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (27 May 2010)

  6. #4
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhayman View Post
    I like and use XENU. It's free and public domain. It is very efficient and generates meaningful reports. It allows you to crawl through all sub-folders, in a given domain. Google "XENU", to find it.
    +1 on XENU, I use it myself and it work very well. You can filter out directorys, files that contain "x", good links that appear broken (like Rival direct download links). It even provides sorting of the link report by several ways and reports exactly where the dead link is.

    xxhttp://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html (remove the xx) will get you one, it's free.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  7. #5
    diana's Avatar
    diana is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default thanks

    I'll try them and see what works for me
    live life at its best

    new bingo sites


  8. #6
    diana's Avatar
    diana is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default hi

    well regarding the first tool, it checks only 100 links, so it's not an option. and the second one doesnt give you an option to know how many inbound and outbound links youve got, and this is also very important to me. does anyone have another idea?
    live life at its best

    new bingo sites


  9. #7
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diana View Post
    Hi everyone
    It's been long time since I have visit this forum. I was enjoying a long vication with my son at my home land. I was wondering if any of you guys have a good dead-link checker tool, since the one I allways use http://www.dead-links.com doesnt work any more.
    cheers
    http://www.vanguardseo.com/tools/

    Enter CAC2010 for 90 days free
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    diana (26 May 2010), Vrindavan (27 May 2010)

  11. #8
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    xenu rocks - I wouldnt use anything else now

    outbound links youve got
    It does show you your outbound links.

  12. #9
    diana's Avatar
    diana is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes you are right. It took me some time to ralise how it works. but it is a good tool. thanks everybody
    live life at its best

    new bingo sites


  13. #10
    cat's Avatar
    cat
    cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Posts
    333
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    used dead-links, too. I use xml-sitemaps.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •