Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    greekhand is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Google and Nofollow ...

    I'm kinda doubt that Google can ignore the links with 'nofollow' even tho they say that the percentage of links with nofollow is very small ... This is why:

    Let's take Wikipedia as an example:

    We all know how big Wikipedia is and we all know how hard is to put your link (And make him stay) there.

    If you were Google would you ignore that important information ? If I was a search engine and I would saw a link to page 'x' from related page at Wikipedia I could assume that this page 'x' is very quality and relevant. But Google say that they ignore and won't pass any juice ... That gives Yahoo and MSN and other search engines an advantage ... I don't think Google big as their are can ignore links with 'nofollow'.

    Please share with me what do you think?
    Free Online Poker Tournaments Widget you can use it in your site with your affiliate links.

  2. #2
    Focalclick is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2007
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    I don't think Google ignores links with "no follow". Take a look at the latest article from Matt Cutts regarding how they handle "no follow" links:

    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/pagerank-sculpting/

    Mark

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Focalclick For This Useful Post:

    greekhand (23 June 2009), Vrindavan (24 June 2009)

  4. #3
    greekhand is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    First thank you very much for the link ... Great article.

    I read the article ... But I came to totally different conclusion.

    He clearly wrote that today Google ignore links with 'nofollow' - And it won't help you rankings.

    Look at the [*] asterisks at the end of the post.
    Free Online Poker Tournaments Widget you can use it in your site with your affiliate links.

  5. #4
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    He clearly wrote that today Google ignore links with 'nofollow' - And it won't help you rankings.
    That is right greekhand in my opinion. It will not help rankings/pr with sites you link to. This is the intent of the nofollow tag from the beginning. Far as I know nothing has changed since then.

    greek39

  6. #5
    greekhand is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Hi greek39 ,

    Did you saw what I wrote in the first post ?

    I just don't see how Google can ignore all the 'nofollow' links.

    It will give other search engines advantaged over Google.
    Free Online Poker Tournaments Widget you can use it in your site with your affiliate links.

  7. #6
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Its not that Google ignores them more like google does nothing with them. In other words Google does not pass credit to those links carrying the nofollow nor the anchor text attached to that particular link.

    greek39

  8. #7
    greekhand is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Yeah ... I do understand the concept of 'nofollow'.

    Maybe the word 'ignore' can be misunderstood in this situation.

    I just think that Google have to pass juice and anchor text of each link even if he has 'nofollow'

    I just wanted to share my theory and to see what other thinks.
    Last edited by greekhand; 23 June 2009 at 2:19 pm.
    Free Online Poker Tournaments Widget you can use it in your site with your affiliate links.

  9. #8
    elgoog's Avatar
    elgoog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    851
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked 306 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    I understand what you mean Greekhand.... nice thought....

    but my head starts spinning when i try to think about it....

  10. #9
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    I have never added no follow nor do I intend to. My sites are pr 0. There could be dozens of reasons for this.

    My traffic is healthy. If it aint broke.....

  11. #10
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    An individual choice most definitely, I restrict my usage to mainly programs. So I am not scoring, passing pr, some programs are misbehaving sites.

    greek39

  12. #11
    kennethbutler's Avatar
    kennethbutler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Google don't ignore no follow links. Maybe google counts do follow links for pagerank purposes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •